>miata pics and vids
>miata feels
>miata questions and answers
>miata hair styling tips and tricks

FAQ:
can I fit?
>if you're under 6'2" and aren't overweight you can fit without modification

can I daily drive one?
>yes most people can daily drive a miata no problem. I have commuted in miatas for 3 years now

even in the snow?
>yes miatas can drive well in the snow. (with four snow tires) Just be sure to spray off your undercarriage afterwards

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/CPQl1andzmU
youtube.com/watch?v=31bXA245nnM
miata.net/faq/Miata90-97A3.pdf
worcester.craigslist.org/wto/5893717124.html
youtu.be/Z_uXYQEYzW0?t=2m53s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>I have commuted in miatas for 3 years now

I'm just curious, have you really or is this just a copypasta?

It's true. I kind of came up with this pasta a while ago

Fair enough

Do you think I should plasti dip my shitty wheels to hide the scratches/imperfections?

(This is one of the better condition wheels)

Payi9ng for new ones would be too expensive for a mere cosmetic upgrade but plasti dip is cheap

Dip is cheap but dip also looks cheap. If you sand down some of the wavy and rough areas it could look better though. Also "glossifier" helps

Do you think sanding would work? a lot of areas look like the metal has been chipped off

It's probably not metal, just flaking paint with some oxidation underneath. Sanding it down will definitely help

Do Miatas make good second cars? Thinking of getting one for weekend use while I commute in my comfy wagon

Sorry to sound ignorant but do I need a special tool or is sandpaper fine?

Yes. I have a ford cmax as my commuter and then I drive my miata either after work or on the weekends. In the summer I commuted with my miata with the top down which I highly recommend.

Sandpaper works, yeah. I might get something like 250 grit to get the big chunks off then like 400 to make it smooth for paint/dip

I was thinking of saving up and getting one this summer (and just use the wagon for when I need to haul pax or stuff), so it would work out perfectly

Yes. Buy one.

youtu.be/CPQl1andzmU

guys how do I learn to drive like this? I feel like my handbrake does jack shit, how is this guy locking up the rears on entry so easily, especially on dry ground?

How hard would it be to replace both rear panels for my NA Miata? Both sides have rust in the rear quarter panels and want to know if it's cheaper to replace them then get them fixed

Just got a special edition 08 NC, basic first mods?

what spec?
get some aftermarket suspension if it's stock
get a smarttop chip if you have the PRHT

>smarttop chip
whats this?

lets you raise/lower the roof up to 36mph. usually the car has to be stationary.
youtube.com/watch?v=31bXA245nnM

also, get rid of the flappy wind deflector if you care about such things

Ah nice, is it safe to do it at 36mph though?

I'd have thought with a power roof you wouldn't really want to do it after about 15

some newer cars let you raise or lower the roof at similar speeds by default, and i have no idea how strong the NC mechanism is compared to these cars.

i haven't done it much at 30mph+ but it's useful for occasions like if you're sitting in a traffic jam and it starts raining and you can start raising the roof safe in the knowledge that if the traffic starts moving you won't be stuck there waiting for the roof to fully close with people honking at you, or you won't have to move off with the roof stuck halfway

I must admit, as much as I'm not really a fan of the NC, they hit the nail on the head with the PRHT. Way better than the RF on the ND imo.

i like how the RF looks but i'd be interested to see what it's like for visibility.

I'm not a fan of how it looks rood down I must say, if I was in the market for an ND I'd probably opt for the cloth top

>don't have a Miata
>tfw
Am I still allowed in here?

Is the 1.6 that bad? It's gonna be getting sideways so I'm just worried it has too little power. Found a mint one with 64k on the clock and an LSD

Memes aside, Miata owners are one of the few not cancer car communities and won't shun non-owners.

...okay NA owners tend to be cancer more often than not

The 1.6 is fine. Unless you really have a lead foot, I don't see why you need to hoon in it. I drive my miata like a cruiser so maybe that's why

The 1.6 is completely fine. You are literally dealing with a 10% difference in crank horsepower. Get the 1.8 if you can, but if you find a bitchin 1.6, then such a negligible difference in performance isn't worth busting your balls over.

Hey faggots, whats the consensus on plastidipped hard tops? I found a hard top being sold locally that is plasti-dipped red that looks p nice

>...okay NA owners tend to be cancer more often than not

let me guess, nb owner?

Assuming its not shit then sure. Just remember you're gonna have to dip it after a year or two

>won't shun non-owners
How can they when they drive a Miata?

it's fine, you can still get power out of a 1.6. keep in mind that if its the factory lsd on a 1.6 then it won't do jack shit, viscous lsds on 1.6 go pad relatively quickly and are basically open diffs at this point. If it has a swapped torsen, that's another deal though

i own a 1.6 and i personally like it more than my friends 1.8
i feel like the 1.6 likes to rev higher

my boi nb master race

>if you're under 6'2" and aren't overweight you can fit without modification

Yeah, but it's really fucking tight if you don't want to drive with your fingertips. Like, always feeling the roof on your hair when the top's up tight.

>tfw 6'2"
I replaced my steering wheel with a 280mm momo wheel and it's absolutely tiny but I fit much better.
I don't know if I'd recommend such a tiny wheel for people without power steering though

have you ever had bad feelings about potentially ripping someone off?

i'm going to be picking up my NA this weekend and the old guy i'm buying it from wants ~3000 less than market value for it

like i want an amazing deal, but at the same time i feel bad ripping off a vietnam veteran

BRZ man here, looking to get a winter beater in the arctic circle as the roads are getting just a bit too salty.

not really interested in how the car would handle rust, but any insightful experiences from people who have used a NA or NB on some icy ass roads would be nice.

looking at a 200sx as well currently, somehow a decent S chassis is actually cheaper than a good NA over here. no idea how.

nigga the maximum market value for a NA is probably around $4,000, so unless you're paying $1,000 for it, i fail to see how you're ripping him off

for a 50k mile 97M with hard top, that's a $8000 car easy

>tfw no NA bodykit for the NB

LOL

It lasts a lot longer than that m8. I plastidipped some chrome trim and badges like 5 years ago on my brothers car and it still looks good

I can't tell if I should be interested or not.

Yeah my 1.8 feels kind of funny from 6800 rpm to 7200. Feels kind of wheezy. Could also be because I advanced the base timing a little bit.

I feel like the 1.6 vibrates less too

If I could do it all over again I'd buy a cheap 1.6 l miata and put the money i saved into a turbo setup. Or if you can find a cheap 1.8 one that works too. 1.8 turbo parts seem to be in more abundance also.

Miata handles great in the snow at stock ride height and with a torsen LSD and snow tires. Theyre really predictable and high enough for moderately deep stuff. pretty good on hard packed snow. Don't expect to be able to plow through deep powder or crust though. My car is lowered an inch and it's still ok. I also run 175/65R14 Blizzaks

I'm gonna be brutally honest and say I've never driven a miata. but just from apperances alone, the shorter wheelbase has me doubting.

are cars with diffs scarce at all? or will you typically find one as cheap and easy as any other miata?

sorry but i know fuck all about them

Short wheelbase does make it a little twitchy compared to something long, but the weight is balanced pretty well. They're better than an AW11 or SW20 are in the snow. Miatas naturally understeer a bit. And it if does oversteer while giving it gas it's pretty controllable with countersteer.

> salvage

As for the diffs, 90-93 either had open diffs or vlsd which sucks. 94+ had either open diffs or mechanical torsen diffs. You just need find out which trim package your car has and depending on that it may or may not be equipped with one.

miata.net/faq/Miata90-97A3.pdf

This is useful

Yeah, but from what?

>tfw can't find NA in a good shape
>tfw NA in good condition got more expensive than NB

where do you live nigger?

LOL so you're paying fucking $5k for a NA miata. LMAO and you're feeling sorry for someone else for getting "ripped off"

my fucking sides

>LOL

get out faggot

not really. PRHT was hideously ugly. NC was an unattractive model as a whole. RF is the most aesthetic car Mazda has made since the NA as long as its not in white. there's a reason they didn't go back to that bulge top.

fucking retard

ALAS BROTHERS WE ARE CLOSE.
ARE YOU A MAZDA FANBOY ENOUGH FOR THEM TO HAVE ACCEPTED YOU??

Also it worth getting un automatic? The dealer im with which btw is the o ly dealer in the country only offers it in automatic and as much as i hate that i really cant afford the soft top version

dude, your english is broken as fuck.

please dont get an autotragic, it takes all the fun away from owning a mx5.

To be fair there is a way higher percentage of fucc boi na drivers than any other gen, and yes I drive an nb1

Why do all of you favor the Miata over the Z4? Not trying to shitpost or anything, just curious.

>looks good, interior is superior imo
>multiple engine choices, bigger engines
>hard top on most models

BMW comes with BMW maintenance costs along with a higher entry fee too. One of the best things about Miatas is how fun they are despite how cheap they are to buy and run.

z4 is heavier, has shittier handling and isn't really a roadster
and for the price of Z4 in a good condition you could get a miata and mod it to be faster than Z4

also shittier looking but that's personal preference

Thank you

Also not really sure how I feel about the 2017 fastback. Doesnt it take away some of the freedom of a open roof that a regular cabriolet gives

I want to buy a miata as a daily. Its either late production NA or early production NC. Im from yurop and we have pretty harsh winters here and salty roads. I also wanna use it for some fun drives and longer trips, so driving comfort is a factor here. Which would be the better choice?

I'd love an E89 Z4, but can't afford one so I drive an NB miata

I agree though, if I was in the market for an ND Miata I'd just drop the cash on a low-mileage Z4 instead

A lot of people say that the NC is more comfortable than the NA. It is a more "modern" car. There's loads of threads over on miata.net that are worth reading, you'll see opinions of both sides.

Probably best to see if you can sit in both, though

I've sat in the NA. Im 6'1" and just barely fit in there. If I were to get the NA I'd probably install some low profile seats. Also for the price of a NC here I'd be able to get the NA and pimp it out really well to my likings. Tho further maintenance here would be cheaper on the NC.
I probably wouldnt even mod it. Also, does the NC rust a lot like the meme car?

I'd take a Z4M or 35iS over any miata. But the 3.0 barely has a better power to weight ratio than my lightly tuned NC 2.0l and is reportedly less fun to drive, let alone the slower 23/25/28 variants

I agree the PRHT is ugly but the removable hardtop model looks great imo

How cheap is maintenance generally? I'm curious about getting a cheap first car that I can keep up with over the years, and worried about my dad's old BMW or Mercedes costing me an arm and leg down the line since he's always been stingy about regular mainteneance and repair.

bruh no one here favors the miata over the Z4. The miata is just a more practical option because of its price. Don't get me wrong, I love my miata, but I would love a Z4 too and ideally I would like to own one of each.

DAAAAAAAAAMN

what are those wheels?

Because I want a light and rough car, not a comfy landbarge.

Will this fit on my '90 NA?

worcester.craigslist.org/wto/5893717124.html

bump...need to know

depends which one. i'd prefer a fully loaded ND RF over a base model Z4 2.slow, just as i'd prefer a Z4M over a rusty 90hp shitbox NA

>tfw no rotary BRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPP

youtu.be/Z_uXYQEYzW0?t=2m53s
>your engine will never sound like a podracer when idle

Hello tiny friends
Just curious. I've heard before that the RX8 might be considered a Hardtop Miata with +2 seats and Dorito power, but what Miata are people talking about?

The only one I know about is this tiny 2300 pounder I see riding around. That's like 750 pounds lighter than the RX8

Anyone have the WebM of the Miata speeding through curvy roads at night? Plus post

2001 NB, 86k miles, single owner, stock, full service history
$8200

Go for it?

>$8,200
Fuck no. I bought my 2002 with similar mileage in great condition for about $5,500 and even that was overpaying.

>$8200

Fucking lol

They're talking about the NC. They're based on the same chassis

Thanks bud, was curious. They're not as similar looking as I expected.

>the miata will ALWAYS be a shitty porsche 911

I don't think miatas and 911s are really in the same class

hi /mg/

are the stock speakers in an NA any good? cheers

>RF auto more $$$ then 6MT ST
>cant afford ST
nigga you need to step back and reconsider your options if you cant afford the ST ND but want the RF
go buy used

No, not really, headrest speakers make it better though.

>815hp out ofa 13B

uwot

Yes this is it! Thank you

Was sauce ever found btw?

So it seems like my hardtop will not latch hard enough. I have the latches fully adjusted (tight as possible) but it really doesn't latch with much clamping force. Idk how to explain, but it seems like the latches need to be unbolted and moved back, and then bolted down again. Anyone have any ideas?

>tfw never had a miata with working headrest speakers

Urgent pls

Guys, I never touched my tranny and he's wet. Do I got a leak or could I have missed with some lube while I've been working

Does it look right?

Another pic

Am I missing sumthing senpai? Babe was in an accident after all

Look at that fucking turbo size. It's fucking massive.

Guess who just fucking dropped their hardtop on their quarter panel and dented it? Wow im a fucking idiot. Scratched the paint a little too.