/nosg/ - Nostalrius general

set realmlist logon.elysium-project.org

>What's happening?
Everyone is waiting for nost2.0 which will be hosted by Valkyrie and run by the original Nost team. We're currently waiting on server release.

>When is the release?
December 17th, (18:00 GMT+1/12PM EST) for the OLD server. 3-4 weeks after the NEW server will be released which we will be playing on.

>OLD NOST PvP and PvE(Name: Nostalrius PvP/Nostalrius PvP)
These will have all your old level 60 chars for nostalgia's sake. (no one will play here)

>NEW NOST PvP (Name: Elysium PvP)
Brand new server, will be released 3-4 weeks after old nost. (everyone will play here)

>What faction are we rolling?

Horde discord: discordapp.com/invite/jt3Xe

Alliance discord: discord.gg/TvDzTmX

----------------------------------------

>Server homepage
elysium-project.org/
>Vanilla WoW database
db.vanillagaming.org
>Leveling Guide
docs.google.com/document/d/1-Z2vplxWZACKmCpw1B8vexKQ2vwjRqFRjcJhHjAxxJg/edit
>Nos Pre-Bis
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1j81TgG0p_HrYKajiUiQfYIoSUx1culzy2u_Fc4wtiS8/edit#gid=329725463
>Leveling Specs
imgur.com/a/aNm8V#0
>Big Addon Pack
wow-one.com/forum/topic/3573-vanilla-112-addons-download/
>Easy to use vanilla bot
s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=00064813128547039517

tags: wpsg vag wowg world of warcraft

Old:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iDNSR12-trc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

jesus fuck

1st for hungarian trannies

Theres already a thread

I DID NOT BECOME A NEET FOR THIS

Fuck you man Focus on the raid not the rogue that will carry your sorry ass through it

>""""Grim"""" """"one""""

Might wana keep your tear glands ready for all the QQ youll do once you face me.

>W-WARRIORS ARE THE MOST OVERPOWERED CLASS, GUYS. COME ON. BELIEVE ME. THEY REK EVERYONE
youtube.com/watch?v=iDNSR12-trc

Warriors are shit. They need a healer to even be decent.

You being proud about killing a warrior is like being proud about being smarter than a downy.

>Dual Wielding in Vanilla PvP
>Is likely Fury

Deserves all of his shit. Mortal Strike and a good 2h Weapon fucking wreck shit, no questions asked.

Too bad someone who doesn't understand how Vanilla worked got literally autoattacked to death by playing some gimp shit-spec.

>wpvp
>heavily out gear victim
Holy shit you're FF-tier bad. Please kill yourself.

I was thinking about rolling a Druid on fresh, but apparently they're so bad at PvP you have to make a youtube video when you manage to kill a player.

Orc or Undead warlock?

>Mortal Strike and a good 2h Weapon fucking wreck shit, no questions asked.
Except Mortal Strike is only better in that it does more burst damage. In long fights with lots of chances to actually hit the guy, fury does more damage. There's a reason why you don't see people using Mortal Strike in raids. Even if he was arms, what was he gonna do? I didn't even need to leave bear form to kill him. Mortal Strike would make no difference.

I didn't heavily outgear him. I don't even have pre-BIS.

I just uploaded it because it is funny that this goon came to defend his poor friends and got ganked like a bitch.

When the server is up, come outside IF and watch me lay waste to everyone.

It's one of the few abilities in the game that has a 50% reduction to healing you dipshit.

>here's a reason why you don't see people using Mortal Strike in raids.

Are you a fucking idiot, damage in PvP and damage in PvE are two completely different things. Burst damage is king in PvP.

> didn't even need to leave bear form to kill him. Mortal Strike would make no difference.

Yeah, it's not like constantly reapplying a heal reduction wouldn't have made a difference, not to mention the fucking dank burst damage that would have helped his sorry ass.

>finalflash is bad even though he got to rank 14 and manages to easily kill several hordies at once and even makes money dueling people for gold
WHOAH IT'S ALMOST AS IF YOU ARE LYING

Quick! Try to convince me to play class of your picking!

>It's one of the few abilities in the game that has a 50% reduction to healing you dipshit.
So what? The only healing I did was like 1400 from frenzied regen. Even if I just got 700 he was still fucked.

>Are you a fucking idiot, damage in PvP and damage in PvE are two completely different things
Are you a fucking idiot, damage is damage. Whether you are attacking a player or a mob makes no difference. 500 damage against a player does the same damage as 500 damage against a mob.

>Burst damage is king in PvP.
Only against targets that are hard to hit due to positioning or due to limited opportunity to attack the target. When you're face-to-face with someone for a whole fight, fury will deal more damage because it has higher DPS. There is no "lol its different in pvp"

>Yeah, it's not like constantly reapplying a heal reduction wouldn't have made a difference
It wouldn't have, as I have explained.

>not to mention the fucking dank burst damage that would have helped his sorry ass
Except that his DPS would be lower so he probably would have even died quicker, and good luck getting "dank burst damage" against a player with more armor and hp than a prot warrior. What's he gonna do? Crit with mortal strike for 7k? Don't think so, chump.

Play warrior. I want more easy HKs

play paladin and become a tranny

The druid didn't use bash. Didn't use any heals (besides FR). Didn't use nature's grasp. Didn't use entangling roots. Didn't even use barkskin.

There was no way that warrior could have ever won with any spec.

*dies multiple times to rhox*

I've seen the GDR crit(lmao) but what were the other times?

My questlog isn't working. Nothing is showing up.

So... what happens after the server progresses to the last patch? It stays there indefinetely?

Will Nost update to tbc? They had plans for it before the shut down.

Why are the download links still down?
I just wanna use the mega one and get it over with fast. Don't want to get in the whole torrent business just for this.

hello guys long time /wpsg/ lurker/player here, thinking about starting along with friends and everyone else on the fresh slate server

can someone redpill me if it's worth it?
i used to always play frost mage for aoe farm but i really have a strong urge to create a feral druid and get rich as fuck in vanilla.

but i've never really played a druid in vanilla, can anyone give me bullet point tldr of feral druids in vanilla?

PvE:
great 5man tanks, at raids OT at most. DPS is below real dps classes, but above other hybrids. DPS rotation is also somewhat engaging compared to many other classes. Not every guild wants feral, but many do bring 1 for raids. Absolutely great for leveling and sub-60 wPvP. Also there aren't that many feral items in raids, and feral dps will fall more and more compared to other dps classes as progress is made

PvP:
Warriors, rogues and retardins are imo quite easy due to insane armor in bear (assuming somewhat equal gear). Casters can be quite hard, and feral is quite dependent on crits/CC procs against casters. You will go oom very fast, which limits ferals quite a bit.

Druids are shit. Worst class in the game. Play something useful instead.

rip

anyway thanks, i'll think about it

i got the annual wow urge and after rewatching some nostals/vanilla vids

>druids are shit
Is that why they rape the most faces in pvp?

nice meme

feral is a fantasic leveling spec, probably only behind hunters in terms of speed and a little ahead of locks. they're fun in pvp and they're good against rogues because of faerie fire and mages because they can't be locked down. locks shit all over them and so should hunters but >>>/huntard/

However in terms of pve don't imagine for a second that you will play feral. I don't care what special snowflake delusions you hold, it realistically is not going to happen. It might -possibly very outside chance- happen once you are AQ geared as an offtank in naxx.

All that said a 24/0/27 spec is a good nonferal spec for pvp/pve at cap.

Druids are good against those who can't self heal in pvp, that is a fact.

innervate and rebirth, yo.

Also, HoTs are nice too.

Anyone can cc you and then bandage themselves up lmao

>SHUTDOWN
BLIZZARD WON IT'S OVER ;_;

>sit in queue for 40 minutes
>disconnected
>authenticating...
i dont know what i was expecting

slav servers

this is the next thread
real thread

>shitting up the OP again
Fuck off autist.

Kill yourself.

>pvp down

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

what is this lag that is going on

why do people keep changing the OP?

>insecure freshcucks
D
O
A

fuck off retard

When is Crestfall?

see

Slav kvality server cyka.

>reading the OP

stupid anime poster

Old servercuck that's triggered because his server will die.

>fighting over """real""" threads and the op again

never change, wpsg

position in queue : 1291

its been 5 minutes in the same position... what did they mean by this?

REEEEEEEEEEEEEE

server is down, leave queue

>he ques when the servers are down

:think:

complaining about anime posting in Veeky Forums wew

Stuck on retrieving character list forever, any suggestions?

D-DELETE THIS!!!!

Remember to ignore trolls pretending to shill retail. He's only doing it for replies.

>server is fine until 9-10k online
>BUT WE WANT NOST-LEVEL ONLINE RREEEEEE

>pve server
>6.2k online
>2.5k queue
b-but no one will roll on pve g-guys

c-carebear faggots amirite g-guys?

PVPKEKS BTFO ONCE AGAIN

B T F O
T
F
O

>finally in for the first time after 30 minutes of queue
>10 minutes walking towards the city to repair my randomly damaged gear
>dcd
Both Legion and Elysium are garbage

I miss the old Nostalrius.

>being a pve cuck
>ever

Fresh server cant come soon enough

DAMN FEENIX/ CRESTFALL /BLIZZARD IS DDOSING

its still in launch state.

WHAT THE FUCK IS THEIR PROBLEM?

Hey user, think of all the countless hours you have spent going through the same spell rotations, waiting for BG queues, raids, dungeons, mob respawns or even worse, just sitting in the capital city of your faction and being bored, doing nothing. All those precious moments that have brought you nothing, because you have only been pressing the same keys over and over, watching a few digital numbers shift back and forth.

It's a cleverly crafted trap, that you find yourself in. And it is because it uses this mechanism of your body, making yourself feeling good, as soon as you fill that experience bar, get that random drop, or finish another purely digital objective. It is the same mechanism that makes us eat chocolate over and over again. Only a simple chemical reaction of our organism enjoying a certain hormone being released to our brain. And you fell for it. The game conditioned you to repeat this reward-loop again and again, making you subconsciously think, that you really accomplished something.

Yet, if this civilization would collapse suddenly, what is it that you can take from WoW, that will make you survive in the real world? After all those in-game hours, did you acquire any hard skills, that will bring you forth?

You can free yourself now and firstly you will need three things to succeed in this:
1) A thorough understanding that WoW is poison for you.
2) The cold withdrawal from WoW.
3) An honest resolution to not return back to WoW.

As you will succeed with this foundation, you will find yourself with more spare time. That's awesome, fill this time with positive things. Pick up those old hobbies you've had before WoW, learn new hobbies/languages/skills, create something, work on your weight, etc. We live in such wonderful times, where everything you want to learn is explained to you on Youtube. You really have no excuse to go back to WoW.

>being a pvpcuck
Have fun ganking 40's on your 60 ud rogue, xxSasuke69xx

>When you have a great name for the fresh server but can't say it or someone might steal it

Stay away from my name you thieves

Planning out a fresh character, and I'm not about to yolo this. I can't think up good reasons to roll on fresh though. Help.

Nost PvP
>+has ZG, soon to have AQ20 (huge)
>+month headstart
>+has many of the more prominent guilds on it
>+best chance of seeing Naxx
>-half Chinese (will die off if Elysium is more popular)
>-already has people in good gear
>-might die off with Elysium release
Elysium
>+fresh start, everyone on equal footing
>+/-will have the most Veeky Forums
>-need to wait a month
>-MC and Ony for months (huge)
>-Chinese will mass immigrate if it becomes popular
>-full of people that jump from new server to new server, might die when Crestfall comes out

Which server is the least shit atm? PvE or PvP

>greet friend I haven't seen since shutdown
>Who are you?
>W-We leveled almost all of 50-60 and joined our first MC raid together
>Huh? Sorry dude it's been a long time I don't really remember.
>Offline

Giant DDOS is happening

So is it freshcuck or newcuck?

>+has many of the more prominent guilds on it
This is wrong. A lot of the top guilds on old nost said they were rerolling on the fresh server.

everyone on my friends list remembers me :&)

shit it's totally stuck.

Or you could just learn basic time management skills like an adult.

>-full of people that jump from new server to new server, might die when Crestfall comes out
I would assume most people will stop playing before 2025 anyway.

>Link to botting software in the OP

wat

>2016
>They still don't have DDoS protection

posting euro / east euro waifus til server is back up

>You must use the same IP to generate and consume the token.
Holy shit, this is infuriating. I even disabled IPv6 and nothing fucking works.

>outgear the warrior this much, have to blow every cd and still barely win

>-already has people in good gear
>-might die off with Elysium release
If you ignore the carebear meme and roll on the PvE server, those problems are nonexistent.

People aren't running around in full t2 because the pve server is still on mc/ony patch, bwl releases in january, so it's easier to catch up before most guilds have everything up to aq on farm.
It's also less likely to die off when fresh launches, since people who avoid pvp servers won't just hop to the elysium one. And those already playing won't give up their 30-40 lvl character only to raidlog onyxia for another year on elysium.

Or you can just disregard my entire post and call me a carebear nu male, your choice.

Servers down again? Stuck at connecting...

PUDDI~ ;3

>Yet, if this civilization would collapse suddenly, what is it that you can take from WoW, that will make you survive in the real world?
I'll know how to fight a dragon
BTFO'd

So how long was PvP up for that time?

JUST

deal with it

my sides
are nostcucks doomed to be eternally btfo ?