/nosg/ - Nostalrius General

set realmlist logon.elysium-project.org

>What's happening?
Everyone is playing nost2.0 which will be hosted by Valkyrie and run by the original Nost team..

>When is the release?
RELEASED

>OLD NOST PvP and PvE(Name: Nostalrius PvP/Nostalrius PvP)
These will have all your old level 60 chars.
WE PLAY HERE

>NEW NOST PvP (Name: Elysium PvP)
Brand new server, will be released 4-8 weeks after old nost. (nobody will play there)

>What faction are we rolling?

Horde discord: discordapp.com/invite/jt3Xe

Alliance discord: discord.gg/TvDzTmX

----------------------------------------

>Server homepage
elysium-project.org/
>Vanilla WoW database
db.vanillagaming.org
>Leveling Guide
docs.google.com/document/d/1-Z2vplxWZACKmCpw1B8vexKQ2vwjRqFRjcJhHjAxxJg/edit
>Nos Pre-Bis
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1j81TgG0p_HrYKajiUiQfYIoSUx1culzy2u_Fc4wtiS8/edit#gid=329725463
>Leveling Specs
imgur.com/a/aNm8V#0
>Big Addon Pack
wow-one.com/forum/topic/3573-vanilla-112-addons-download/

tags: wpsg vag wowg world of warcraft

Old:

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/UNArm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

First for blizztards won and nost is dead

What the fuck is going with the servers? Can't connect at all to PvE and PvP is just a fucking queue.

Fresh horde discord link.
discord.gg/UNArm

LAAAG

Wow, I feel bad for Nostbros.

So... this... is the power... of Nostalrius?

>elysium devs don't know what they're doing

how is this a surprise?

tfw posting in best thread

>being proud of welfare legendaries

It's a video game bro, who cares. All that is important is the gameplay and combat and Legion's is far superior.

Go shill somewhere else this is a Nost General.

>running mythic Maw of Souls+8 for the 786th time this week for a random piece of loot with a random ilvl upgrade
>superior gameplay
Sure.

REEEEEEE

any horde guilds on old pve?

I got in for a while, rolled a human mage on the Nost PVE server. Couldn't move for other players everywhere. Hopefully they will spread out later. Absolutely full servers. And the Nost scripts are excellent.

>waaah stop invading my hugbox!!

no

Don't even run Mythic+ more than a few times a week. Maybe you're just a cuck?

ree?

Gotta go fast to stay ahead of the plebs.

Think of all the countless hours you have spent going through the same spell rotations, waiting for BG queues, raids, dungeons, mob respawns or even worse, just sitting in the capital city of your faction and being bored, doing nothing. All those precious moments that have brought you nothing, because you have only been pressing the same keys over and over, watching a few digital numbers shift back and forth.

It's a cleverly crafted trap, that you find yourself in. And it is because it uses this mechanism of your body, making yourself feeling good, as soon as you fill that experience bar, get that random drop, or finish another purely digital objective. It is the same mechanism that makes us eat chocolate over and over again. Only a simple chemical reaction of our organism enjoying a certain hormone being released to our brain. And you fell for it. The game conditioned you to repeat this reward-loop again and again, making you subconsciously think, that you really accomplished something.

Yet, if this civilization would collapse suddenly, what is it that you can take from WoW, that will make you survive in the real world? After all those in-game hours, did you acquire any hard skills, that will bring you forth?

You can free yourself now and firstly you will need three things to succeed in this:
1) A thorough understanding that WoW is poison for you.
2) The cold withdrawal from WoW.
3) An honest resolution to not return back to WoW.

As you will succeed with this foundation, you will find yourself with more spare time. That's awesome, fill this time with positive things. Pick up those old hobbies you've had before WoW, learn new hobbies/languages/skills, create something, work on your weight, etc. We live in such wonderful times, where everything you want to learn is explained to you on Youtube. You really have no excuse to go back to WoW.

Legion is the reason I walked and played Nost / Elysium today. Also Garrisons from WoD were an additional factor.

>login with 6k online
>logout to fiddle with addons
>try to log back
>10k online
>5k in queue
wew

You can't tell me what to do with my life, you are not even my real dad!

Order Halls haven't been relevant to me for months

God you're a shitter if you still are bothered by them

Mothers Against WoW

>We do not need to launch the fresh realm

t. Slav Frog

Why are you retards responding to obvious underaged legion baiters?
Hide and ignore you fucking idiots.

No it was the pet battles and the legendaries in a box for snowflakes that did it.

>If we release the fresh server first the other servers will suffer from a lack of population.

More like lets make one irrelevant realm and one realm where +12k people are trying to log on to at once. what a fucking clownfiesta.

The date of the fresh realm launch will be announced on Christmas Day.

You think once Vanilla is stable and all the bugs of the emulation are fixed we might see community balancing patches that will make more than a single spec per class viable?

Updated Horde Discord link: discord.gg/UNArm

nope because you joined a community of autistics who can't let go of the past so improving vanilla in anyway makes it a funserver and therefore a huge no-no

not that any of the incompetent fuckwads developing nostalrius 2.0 couuld actually balance the game like Blizzard could

I cant even get into the 5000 person que.
I keep getting the old "Handshake Successful"..."Disconnected" meme

its ded?

>not that any of the incompetent fuckwads developing nostalrius 2.0 couuld actually balance the game like Blizzard could

well they could just take the Dota-Method
>fight unbalanced with unbalanced

>pet battles
>completely non-mandatory minigame for the people who want it

the mere fact that it exists is too much for you to handle? jej

grow up and learn to ignore the shit that doesn't actually affect you.

>implying anyone here would know what balance is, even if they had it

delusional self-prophets amirite

>Connected
*10m later*
>Disconnected

>queue time going down
>position in queue is static

Am I being memed or is this normal

why am i still banned?

this happened to me and then i got disconnected
now i cant log in at all

ur a cunt, m8

Yeah, I'm now stuck at "Connected". God dammit Valkyrie I planned on slaying dragons this evening.

Reminder that the server will die after the Naxx release in 9 months and if you started a new character now you will never catch up to the T2 thunderfury guys

>that glorious feel when i am a T2 thunderfury guy

Elysium Project
@elysium_dev
We want to thank @Alexensual for contributing to the project by helping to raise money for the Elysium Project!

thanks for the money idiots! oh you wanted to log in to the server? it's up, what are you talking about?

Go fuck yourself Steve

I dinged 60 when BWL was about to launch. Never even set foot there, and it in no way made me enjoy the game less. If the population would be smaller, it'd be disturbing, but when you've got >10k concurrent players, theres always people both above and below your gear status

You do realize that nost is filled with casuals who don't give a single fuck about being the top 1% in pve nor pvp

Do I queue for the PvP or the PvE server?

PvE = cucks
PvP = the real server

Everyone's running around with lvl 60 characters anyway, aren't they?

You have to make a new account on the fresh server when it comes out.

login still down?

Which one of you autists was healing the npcs ni Tiragarde Kepp?

me

niga

This is who I want to become.

This is who I really am.

Will this be a good server for a new player?

nice lag is gone

why cant i make an account?

>you have any other option

How long will this server last?
>tfw too popular to survive

I'm new. Seems cool. Met some nice folk already. Doesn't seem to be overly infested with adhd cunts so far.

les go boys

I want to level solely through grinding mobs
Can I do it?

No, not realistically. At a certain point, your XP bar will only move from rested XP because normal XP isn't enough.

Then how do I avoid the shithole that is the starting area?

u wot? are we talking about the same vanilla? i grinded from 30-60 on my rogue and while it's boring do grind 1-30 since there are quests you can do it

anyone know why my xp bar disappears whenever I turn on bongos?

>running Scholomance for the 786th time this week for a random piece of loot with +2 stamina upgrade
>any different at all
Sure.

enable in options

As long as you aren't playing a Warrior. Then you'll never make it past 10

>nost announced
>everyone says they'll go fresh
>atleast 2 months until that
>people quit k2 and shitpost vg having nothing to do
>pvp launches
>people level with 30k chinks on a server with massive lag, dcs, downtime
>on a server they wont play
This hype thing really messes up people

You just outed yourself as someone who never played vanilla. Fuck off.

lad...

What? Warrior is awful

>Run the same dungeon 786 times for a chance that the piece of loot you want will drop in Legion
>OH MY GOD THATS FUCKING AWFUL WHY WOULD YOU EVER WANT TO PLAY THAT?!
>Run the same dungeon 786 times for a chance that the piece of loot you want will drop in Vanilla (Nost)
>BASED NOST DEVS! FUCKING RETAILKEKS WILL NEVER UNDERSTAND!

RNG is RNG

>they won't play
Except they will.

>freshcucks getting this desperate
lmao

where's the option for it? I see the visibility option for bags, key, actionbars, etc. but nothing for xp bar

idk but its there, have seen people with it

Reminder that Kronos won.

fair enough. thanks anyhow

Reminder that the old server will die when fresh releases. Don't fight it.

Can we please stop the bullying in this thread?

google results are personalized

Except when you go inside a vanilla dungeon, you know exactly what items drop there, including their stats. When you finally get your BiS you can just fuck off as you won't upgrade that piece until AQ, and even if you don't get it, you don't need really need to grind it for weeks since you can get into pugs/semi-hardcore guilds without it.

Every piece of loot from mythic+ comes with a randomilvl upgrade. Pugs and guilds alike both sperg out about ilvl requirements so if you want to raid heroic/mythic you will need to farm this specific mythic dungeon until you get the specific piece of loot with the specific ilvl upgrade.

>Nost PvP: 10,000 online
>No queue

>Nost PvE: 5,000 online
>2,000 person queue

UMMM NOSTFAGS????

lad...

kick him in his ballsack so that he can never reproduce and then grab him by the hair and throw him out the fucking window and shoot my M1911 a few feet away from him so he knows what will happen if I ever see him trespassing on my property again.

Be a normal person and just wait until it dies down a bit. Alternatively quest in a less populated area.

>grab him by the hair
bit gay desu

fuck her

>if you want to raid heroic/mythic

You just outed yourself as someone that never raided in Legion. Fuck off.

you're fucking autistic. kill yourself

Why can't you play on both servers?
That's what pretty much everyone is going to do.

You don't need to play 24/7 on old nost when you're /raidready/.

WHOA there did you just assume their gender?

Who's more active here, Horde or Alli.

Also PvP or PvE server, or are they both the same population

Convince me not to play Legion, senpai