/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, December 18th:
218 BC – Second Punic War: Battle of the Trebia – Hannibal's Carthaginian forces defeat those of the Roman Republic.
1271 – Kublai Khan renames his empire "Yuan" (元 yuán), officially marking the start of the Yuan dynasty of Mongolia and China.
1916 – World War I: The Battle of Verdun ends when German forces under Chief of staff Erich von Falkenhayn are defeated by the French, and suffer 337,000 casualties.
1939 – World War II: The Battle of the Heligoland Bight, the first major air battle of the war, takes place.

>News
CK2 Facts about Artifacts, Real talk about Relics
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/ck2-dev-diary-34-facts-about-artifacts-real-talk-about-relics.988111/

EU4 - 13/12
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/eu4-development-diary-13th-of-december-2016.988299/

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive (mods only)
mega.nz/#F!plMxFYTB!sn9MTrvJ0tYjWSHgM8CZow

#Where to get these games
hastebin.com/raw/moqugasume

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[HoI4] - More Music Mod
mega.nz/#F!v5wXURpJ!TvoBinBVQWJbaYJsluyoFA

>>[HoI4] - Après Moi, Le Déluge
moddb.com/mods/apres-moi-le-deluge

>>[CK2] - user Music Mod
mega.nz/#!TVA2RByJ!tuh0k4SR5gXPLtmxsMd4KZ0at9gY5s5_oV70ui8A4B0

>>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.6.1 - 27/11/2016
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V9
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

mediafire.com/file/a8oqc79fa5noin4/Kaiserreich for DH 1.7.rar
mediafire.com/file/xrb34kw47r6xjrh/Kaiserreich for DH 1.7. - Hotfix 1.rar
youtube.com/watch?v=zLRPDovCpmM
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/37_Days_(TV_series)
youtube.com/watch?v=Y9-mYg5VDzQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

join our kr mp reee we have players but a few more to fill out the major powers would make it epic

it works have tested before

Fucking based.

W&B.

Remember to pay for the games you play

Why is there constant shitposting about multiplayer now? I thought that Steamgroup shit was supposed to be reported and ignored.

what else

will genocide kill my industry?

>will genocide kill my industry
>shows soldier pops

Take indonesia, you better not have sold the flores

I thought the Danubian Confederation was supposed to be difficult to form.

i haven't sold the flores but i like the netherlands :(

Is it possible to mod in a NF to boost jingoism?

Whats a good country to play in MEIOU ?

inb4 memery

If you're talking about the score, no.
If you're talking about the economical crisis you and the world will suffer due to less Chinese artisans, miners and farmers, absolutely.

Just genocide the flips, they're the worst. goddamn island gook niggers

R8 my europe

There's 2 different Danubian Federations: the proper union and the republican A-H, which is just a name change, really.

Wew, didn't even look at those pops before posting .
No, go ahead.

Nice France.

>what's your point?
So Jingoism having a certain % requirement to add wargoals is stupid. The player represents the people running the country (I doubt Willy II was the one picking where they should be encouraging bureaucrats after all), so the player should have full control in this regard

It makes sense for republics/const monarchies
but for absolutes/dictatorships its a meme

replying so i get this shit thread on thread watcher

>So Jingoism having a certain % requirement to add wargoals is stupid.
it isn't, it represents the decision makers willingness to go to war

>The player represents the people running the country
no he doesn't, you literally understand shit all about these games if you think you are playing an immortal ruler

>it isn't, it represents the decision makers willingness to go to war
Why is the decision makers' willingness to go to war tied to the general populace's willingness to go to war? We've already established those two have no necessary relation, so it's just silly.

new oc (c) 1453

>Thanks to a series of financial incentives aimed at young families, Russia now has a birth rate of 1.7 children per woman, which is just below the average global tally of 1.8.

How do I genocide in HP
I`m playing as Argentina trying to not commit the historical mistakes of the nation and the most notorious mistake was not genociding every native american on sight.

>Why is the decision makers' willingness to go to war tied to the general populace's willingness to go to war?
because they are abstracted in the population, they aren't a separate thing, you don't have a cabinet or monarchs or pops to represent that

>Wanting more slavs born
eccchhh

fuck off back to your steamgroup

Id like more Europeans but id leave pipe dreams home if i were you next a Mohammad potrait.

slavs are cute

>because they are abstracted in the population
How? 5% jingoism means 5 out of 100 working age males are jingoists, nothing more.

Ok so a fuckton of Japs will run off to Korea's 4 states and the 3 flip ones. That'll be seven more states to industrialize, but will my factories and rgo output back in my original states get fucked by the exodus of japanese

you don't understand how an abstraction works?

prank of the year

Does someone know where I can find HoD 3.04 for the HPM? I'm seeing just 3.03 in the pirate bay.

>play ck2
>some country in europe always has some fucked up exclave in mongolia
why

Beta patch on Steam.

Romanians are the most religious nation in Europe, these abortions are mostly made by gypsies and hungries.

Provinces in the east are bigger. The AI treats Finland to Mongolia the same way it treats Normandy to Italy.

Believable Worlds.

Romanians, Magyars and Greeks should Russify so we can have global slav union.
Cheeky Breeky Confederation of EUSSR Slav States

Should I whoop their asses again and have them release another state or do I save my infamy for annexing Korea?

Reminder that the MEIOU & Taxes modders are deaf to the voice of reason.

Not in the way you seem to be using it, no.

The Historical Immersion Project modders also seem somewhat hard of hearing.

>Abortion rate is highest in Wallachia
>rate is lower in Hungary
Considering Roma is 3.3% of the population and Hungarians are less than twice that their pregnancy rate would have to be something like 30x that of Romanians for your claim to make any sense

>HIP
The mod was started by supreme cuck Meneth. The vibes are still in it to to this day.

How hard is a Boer nation -> south africa run?

Become more grob and console away infamy gained from getting caught fabricating CB in order to simulate savescumming, which is legit and therefore not cheating

>defeat the major powers of europe
>in the process of making netherlands completely irrelevant for the hundred years
>I-I want in too!!

how does a great war capitulation work

We should be glad HPM didnt remove genocide option too.
Hell,he is going to revise it or so he promised to be more lenient.

>Persia
>1880
>18th
What are you doing?

what a cutie this one is

Makes no sense on the game's timeframe because 95% of the immigrants will be white since shitholes will remain uncivilized or colonized for most of the game.

Here's the mod anyway. Instructions inside the RAR file.

www filedropper com/immigrantmagnetminimodforhpm0361

Archive bro, feel free to put it on the archive or not.

Széklyshithole has higgest abortion rates, and it makes sense if we are talkings about "romas".

HPM may be a fat shitskin but at least he's our fat shitskin, and that makes him pretty based 2bh

Not that hard. Money will never be a problem once you take the Transvaal and Natalia starts with Britain's techs, you also have a decision to seize the British Cape if you occupy all of it. Make about a dozen ironclads and commerce raiders and you'll be able to sink anything the AI sends you, and the British don't usually have soldiers in the Cape as they all die in the Xhosa War (low pops, mountains and no medicine tech)

>HPMeme
>based
Sup Grandi Youth

Their army is still in a sorry, unorganized state after the civil war, I'm more or less just slaughtering endless infantry with tanks and artillery.

Someone do it with sikkim a released israel

Hosting Darkest Hour 1.4 with Kaiserreich 1.7

Checksum: CARE

IP: 68.226.105.20

Need KR 1.7
mediafire.com/file/a8oqc79fa5noin4/Kaiserreich for DH 1.7.rar

with the hotfix
mediafire.com/file/xrb34kw47r6xjrh/Kaiserreich for DH 1.7. - Hotfix 1.rar

>Makes no sense on the game's timeframe because 95% of the immigrants will be white since shitholes will remain uncivilized or colonized for most of the game.
Not only that, even if an African nation like Madagascar, Ashanti or Ethiopia westernizes before being annexed, they won't ever get any emmigrants because HPM only allows Sub-Saharan African pops to move to other continents if they are all states of the same country.

Sup cobra

>contained

Is it possible to free rightful Mongorian cray too lad?

What are some strong things I can do as USA in HPM?

I never play the big boys and kinda wanna end up #1 and have the most land.

Also how do I get good at colonizing? Can someone explain what year you can really start colonizing in Africa and what is the use of Navy for it?

no point New World pops never migrate to Africa

Not him but Mongolia doesn't have cores there, he'd have to free Inner Mongolia and they can't unite in NWO.

Your pops never move overseas btw.

>allied A.I still can't resist making pointless naval invasions and senting their fleets within the range of the entire might of the luftwaffe
atleast paracuck promised to make the A.I more reluctant to send it's troops and navy into suicide missions in the next patch

Well, it makes sense considering that no single African nation westernized during the 19th century nor had great emmigration waves.

>because HPM only allows Sub-Saharan African pops to move to other continents if they are all states of the same country.
Pretty sure HPM doesn't change anything for overseas migration from nnm.

>next patch
Its the issue since HoI2 and they never addressed it.
They probably have no idea how either.

Shit is going down in the communist United States

continentals sure showed me

How do I learn more about pop specifics, how could I have ever figured that out?

US is not the nation to do that with
Choose a minor nation of Europe, like Spain/Netherlands, or if you want to go full gross
kuks

Also, how you integrate states is
>Look for a state with 1% of your primary culture
>Encourage bureaucrats
>at 1% crats, have a SHIT TON OF COLONIAL POINTS
>integrate
How to get colonial points
>Upgrade navel bases to highest level possible
>Spam ironclads/monitors until you cap out

I made Cuba a state in the early 80s as spain for example, though it didn't do very much since the place didn't have a ton of pops since there was no men for the colonies triggered for it yet. Speaking of which..

What triggers the men for the colonies baby boom? Also how to increase colonial migration? The pushes for it, seem like shit.

They can, you just need to make all RGOs filled to the max in every single one of your New World provinces and have industrial unemployment in each state.
t. Commonwealth of the West Indies pro

>expecting HOY4 to work ever

forgot picture
this happened in 2 minutes, what the fuck balkanization in progress

>Paradox
>ever admitting their fuck-ups
>ever trying to learn from their mistakes

You can release Inner Mongolia, but it's just a single state with some 3M~ pops so it's not really worth it compared to more densely populated regions with better RGOs and pops.

Fact: If Britain stayed Neutral in WW1 and let Germany win it v France and Russia the world would be a better place.

Post good music /gsg/

youtube.com/watch?v=zLRPDovCpmM

thats nice lad, now join

I still have no idea how Germany could be surrounded on both sides and still BTFO of both of them.

The main problem is that I can't spread my Madagascarian seed all across Asia.
It does increase pop growth though, since you can just keep postponing voting rights and all the people mad at you can't run away in the thousands.

Then it must be either from NNM or even vanilla. Regardless, I still think it's worth discussing this with HPM. Maybe Sub-Saharan pops being able to emmigrate normally once they achieve 70% literacy would be a good compromise.

Britain could have joined and Germany still would have won if the (((*SA))) didn't join in

what the fuck does this even mean

There is a good British miniseries how the war started. It has shitton of diplomatic gymnastics in it. Also it clearly states why it was important to wreck Russians early on.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/37_Days_(TV_series)

SEND HELP
WHAT TRIGGERS MEN FOR THE COLONIES

T.reddit

Fact: If Doxxlad stayed Neutral in The 2nd Great Shitposting War and let Radical Yugoslavia win it v The Report and Ignore coalition the world would be a better place.

Fire event 18540 in the console and see for yourself, I'd do it for you if I was at home rn.

youtube.com/watch?v=Y9-mYg5VDzQ

I just can't get enough of the nationalistic, low production quality songs from the Yugoslav wars. This one's probably the most catchy one.

I wish I knew what the genre this is so I could find something other than Serb/Croat/Bosniak songs.