/fhg/ For Honor General

Likely the final thread until mid-January edition.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/tOSKl8pdBgs?t=59
youtube.com/watch?v=PMZhrvTeQAM
youtube.com/watch?v=y50tVaWg618
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

You want cringe?

>People who slowly walk away from you after they beat you in a Duel

pssssh nothin personel kid

first for mordhau

Make a mordhau general you autist.

This game's 4vs4 mode is laughable trash. Are they really going to ship with this dogshit?

>first
>couldnt even get it right
>shilling some garbage nobody's heard of
>playing dominion or kill
the game is all about 2v2 and duel

Did you wanna play some, then?

but then who would visit to call me autistic?

>he tried to fight 3 to 4 people at once

first for how mordhau will look after autists get their hands on it
youtu.be/tOSKl8pdBgs?t=59

Dominion is great, it just requires a different mindset from Duels.

Im 100% sure now that berserker is low tier in this game

He is all reaction and now action himself
He can only make use of his trait if the opponent is attacking
And good players will never let you get your infinite going
It's not even a real infintie since it can be broken.
ON TOP OF THAT HE HAS NO FUCKING LIGHT ATTACK

lf Eurobros to duel

SongSmile

But that's not first person

aren't you supposed to be BANNED

Thread just moved so I'll ask again here.

Is this going to be one of those "there's a story but it's just a fancy tutorial for the multiplayer" games or is the single player getting a decent amount of attention too?

I get that it might be too soon to tell but I'm just asking in case there has been any official info on it.

this

it's about building pressure and then when the breaking phase comes it's all out

I'm playing on private server, pm me and I'll help you set it up

it'll look exactly like that for people looking at a fight and for people fighting it'll just be a mess

all these games are like that

devs can't do anything against autist power

probably the former

the trick is to get the combos going until the moment when you know your opponent is going to parry, feint the next hit and deflect into a guard break into a juggle, mixup from there until the person is dizzy

a character that requires you to be constantly thinking ahead while dashing all over the place like a crazy person, a good one is scary as fuck

>the trick is to get the combos going until the moment when you know your opponent is going to parry
but how?

All it requires is 1 block to stop your momentum entirely

How does one feint?

press the feint button during heavy startup

this plus the fact you can cancel your heavies into a dash mean you should always be able to find an entry point

If Raider zone attack would cost less stamina, he'd actually be viable

Holy shit there it is on the controller map, "Cancel Heavy Attack".

Thanks user, I'm a retard.

so, does that mean as soon as I execute a dodge attack I'm at full momentum?

it's the same button you can use to slide down ladders

There is no mixup with Zerker since everybody knows that you have to use at least one light to get the chain going and you are gonna try to end with a high for most damage

>dashing all
Yes another big part of his kit
To bad it amounts to jack shit if you are in a tight place and can't use it.
I swear to god certain maps did not piss me off before i played Zerker.
Once you take away his sidedash everything just starts falling appart

It also baffles me that a character named berserker is one of the most defensive oriented classes in the game

most classes have much better feints than the regular feint

valkyrie and warden can dash forwards, conquerer has a full guard he can go into, berserker can feint using his dash to interrupt his heavies

make sure to look if your class has those instead of the basic B one, because they are usually better

youtube.com/watch?v=PMZhrvTeQAM

I love this music so much, the choir makes it.

It means that you have at least 3 different ways to start your chain, yes

then come the feints

>Not Winning 2v1

This is from the first Alpha

I still don't get how it works tbqhfampei

Did they remove the shield bash from Conq when the opponent blocks a heavy in this version or am I just remembering my games wrong?

you start with a heavy to probe for behavior, if they are the type to parry often you dash into them for a deflect to initiate a chain there, if they don't you either follow through with the heavy or cancel into dash attack at a 50/50 rate to confuse the opponent and initiate a chain from those

My favorite moment in this test was winning a 3v1 as the fat jap guy. Hit my revenge and it knocked down all 3 guys at once, then i did my charged up ublockable side swing and killed all 3 with 1 hit.

Been shitting on people as conq now in 2/3v1 the past few games, definitely die more than succeed but you can take sooo much damage and block so much it feels amazing.

>first Alpha
Fuck, guars changinf speed is so fast, also after being hit he can block next hit right away.

What the shit are we playing now?!

Well the cinematic points to it being pretty story driven, and from what we've seen it focuses less on 'Here's how stuff works' and more 'Kill some shit'.

a slow ass piece of shit casual garbage

with artificial limiters on top

>a slow ass piece of shit casual garbage

I think your parents should have beaten you

my parents are dead

Would For Honor's combat fit in the next Elder Scrolls game? Skyrims combat is trash and needs an upgrade badly.

Fucking anything is a step up from Skyrim's combat.

you could get a modder to easily implement a version of the for honor combat with a lot less polish, it wouldn't change the surplus of other non combat related issues the series faces

This.

Chivalry is exactly the fucking same, I don't see how Mordhau can prevent it.

I really fucking hate the whole guard break feature

Breaking it feels like luck more than skill

Literally a casual filter.

Even For Honor has feinting

It's not the feinting that's the issue you fucking retard.

It's the fact that "high-level" play consists exclusively of attempting to stab opponents in the dick because neither M&B nor Chivalry provides you with decent options for guarding below the waist without having to look down at the floor alongside your opponent.

>that combo of horns and choir at 56 seconds in, making it sound like the vocals are reverbing hard

What time does beta end?

nah a tweaked fallout 4 is good enough. it already has press heavy atk at the right time to counter. unlike for honor, tes must be designed so your character can survive gang bang without a meter mechanic.

Whoops meant for

How many hours on chiv do you have? 50?

Getting dragged "below the waist" has literally never killed anyone.

Because it is. The window is like

git gud user
when you find an equal duel opponent to spar against it'll be near impossible to land a guard break unless you catch the off guard or after a parry

130+.

Still doesn't prevent autists from looking for any cheap hit they can. Shit, dragging shouldn't even be a thing in that game, it's fucking designed so terribly.

Like 22 hours from now. 5 PM EST 12/19

I find it to be a problem online but not a problem when i play with my bro or bots. Dont hit gb when it flash, hit it after they hit you with a gb.

try to guard break me
Uplay: readhed

The skill ceiling would be ridiculously low without drags, user.

Git gud.

if I wasn't stuck wrapping up finals, I'd rub your autistic face into the dirt.

P2P just kills any hope of this game being technical on any level. It's a crap shoot again faggots with Brazilian pings.

Like clockwork.

clock this, duel me
uplay: readhed

There's no skill in moving your mouse to the left or right to extend to length of your blow in a manner inconsistent with the laws of physics, user.

You're just a shitter, same as the rest of them.

Also most of my playtime's in DW, when that was considered its own thing on Steam and had hours count independent of the main game somehow.

>Fuck, guars changinf speed is so fast
this was dumb
you literally couldn't hit a good player because the guard animation/stance didn't matter
they just made it so the characters aren't super human now

>There's no skill in moving your mouse to the left or right to extend to length of your blow in a manner inconsistent with the laws of physics, user.

That's how you're stuck with a shitty combat system like Skyrim :^)

youtube.com/watch?v=y50tVaWg618

Shitters like you will complain about everything that takes time to learn in competitive games. I can already imagine the whining about feints into guardbreak in For honor.

like it matters. most people play the gank modes and tourneys are local anyway.

it's not about taking the time to learn something, it's about the combat looking retarded as fuck for the sake of aspies cranking out efficiency through broken physics or animations

>takes time to learn
>literally just swinging your mouse around in-time with your attack animation and some movement to extend the point of impact a bit

it took me all of 20 minutes, autist.

>it took me all of 20 minutes, autist.

Not it didn't, moron. You wouldn't be complaining about it if you did.

>it's about the combat looking retarded as fuck for the sake of aspies cranking out efficiency through broken physics or animations
same thing happened in arena shooters, fighting games and rts. nobody complained. hell even professional sport teams buy advantages with money.
if you dont have the time and the will to practice or lack the reflex then just accept it grandpa. they arent op meta moves.

>you can't both understand and employ a mechanic and think it's fucking stupid

have time to educate a scrub, autismo?

You're calling it cheap and said that you understood it in 20 minutes. You clearly didn't.

Keep whining each time a game has depth.

>if you don't like the fact that both chivalry and m&b combat look dumb then you're obviously bad at it

sports look dumb as fuck senpai
what's this 20+ sweaty men run after a ball shit?

I'll be on later tonight, add me.

Keep digging that hole, retard.

Also, again, dragging isn't depth. It's easy bullshit, it just makes the game and every fight within look god damn stupid. Same with crotch-stabbing.

I understand why it's done, still looks like a whirling dervish of bad game design every time I partake - I mained viking with skeggox/hammer in DW, how do you think I got any fucking kills without dragging?

>20+ sweaty men run after a ball = knights in heavy armor spinning like beyblades

>dragging isn't depth.

It literally is. The game gives you way to be more creative with your swings in realtime, as opposed to being locked. It's not cheap either because you'll learn to parry it if you put in the time to learn.

>I mained viking with skeggox/hammer in DW

DW is trash tho

Well the main issue is Chivalry was meant to be a somewhat accurate representation of medieval warfare. Instead it looks like retard battle.

Somebody explain Shugokis uninteruptable stance mechanic to me

He has super armor, allowing him to eat one hit

After that one hit it's gone for about 5 seconds I think.

he has 1 instance of heavy armor at all times
if you light attack him once that heavy armor goes away and takes 5 seconds to recharge
during the recharge time he gets hit like any other character and takes increased damage

It has always been over the top. Just listen to the voice lines dude

The main game is trash. That's why For Honor is my new best friend.

You should really stop parroting talking points from that video, user - moving your mouse and sidestepping a little bit isn't particularly creative, especially if it's been done a million times before.

And I could parry dragging just fine, thanks. Fighting in Chivalry still feels and looks stupid compared to FH.

I'm pretty sure that kind of banter was dropped on the battlefield on a regular basis. The average conversation in my area of England usually contains at least three twats and a cunt peppered in there.

where do you see the community for For Honor going? console? pc?

more players on console
better players on pc

sounds like i should go on console and just spam r1 r1 shoulder as warden and become MLG

This, possibly.

I have an easier time with 360 controller than keyboard/mouse, though - that said, I didn't do more than the tutorial and one real match on m/kb.

I was having the problem where it didn't seem like I was able to change my guard unless I threw my mouse all the way across my mousepad each time. It's easier and faster for me to do it with a tiny flick of the thumb.

This is the kind of game where crossplay should be 100% introduced. There is zero reason when the gamepad/M+K differences in skill are negligible.

yes and cod:modern warfare is meant to be a somewhat accurate representatioin of modern warfare.

Any way to set up the charge on shugoki to be guaranteed?

Can't do cross play without servers hehe

Can you play on pc with a controller?

Not in a real match
The only way to do it is guard breaking them into a wall while they have no stamina then charging

Yes a lot of people do

crossplay fucks netcode
look at SFV, pc v pc the connections are fine, same players but pc v ps4 the connection is shit

Yes, that's what most of us are doing.

It fucks the netcode if you're shit at developing games. Rocket League plays flawlessly with crossplay.

Given that Ubi hasn't exactly done a cross-play multiplayer game before and their online services are notoriously fucking atrocious, I don't trust them to get it right.

That said, they are planning on including cross-platform multiplayer for all of their upcoming VR titles. If they get it working maybe it'll get brought over to FH?