ITT: STRONK

POST DURABLE, STRONK CARS

>4v engine
No.

If you had posted a standard Panther you'd have been right.

The God machine. Literally unkillable fucking engine you can run cement mix as lubricant and nacho cheese as coolant.

The amc 242 straight 6

of all durable and reliable cars, this is probably the most beautiful of the bunch

I miss when volvos didn't look like dad/alcholics cars

Only if you're the first owner and not car-illiterate. Otherwise it's a beat shitheap in 95% of cases.

unless you are a bmw mechanic, being an Veeky Forumstist does not help either, these POS are overengineered so you cannot into maintenance

For Burgers, everything but a 70's pushrod V8 is overengineered

Someone post that Volkswagen engine cutaway for this guy

gas and oil
fuck da joos (water)

That meme again. Yeah, you can keep it.

>gears and chains are scaryyyyyyyyyy

>was bulit specifically to not suffer from planned obsolecence and wear, just to stick it to the west
>now we're stuck with over a million of them and they all refuse to die
checkmate, capitalists

over a million

imblyign there are still that many around

2.8 millions to be exact.
And since there is no simple way to get rid of their bodies, a lot of them are still arround, but not used.

interesting... didn't expect that many of them to be still around

A good lot of them ended up in other parts of the eastern bloc, you can still find some in Poland, HUngary or Chezchia.
Still, they really aren't hard to find, you constantly have at least a good dozen of them for sale online at any time, and the main things you need to worry about are the interior (not easy to find replacement seats, no newly built replacements because clearly they are not up to yuro safety standards) and the chassis (made of pure eastern carbon-heavy steel, the main part of the car that can really age poorly). The rest is fine, there are still masses of spare parts and the engine is so small you can easily take it all apart by hand.
Plus, it's a two-strokes engine so I imagine you could easily swap it with a bike engine.

My daily, a 1980 Honda CB250RS I have had it for about 8 years now. Im not poor though I just really enjoy riding it and will only take my car if its neccesary. It had 167k on the clock when I bought it and its now up to ~450k and I constantly thrash it. Any breakdowns have been extremely minor (hydrolock once, got a crack in the sump because a guy crashed into it and knocked it over but nothing worse). I am very particular about maintainence and I keep on top of everything I can. She has had two rebuilds and I just cant believe how damn reliable it is.

>you will never go on a road trip from Sakhalin to Moscow with your buddies Ivan and Dimitri in a bunch of Nivas sustaining yourselves on vodka and kvass only
end my suffering, comrads

This

like 4v/cyl? Was it flawed somehow on those?

Mr Bond

FINALLY a thread for me

Dectuples...

was like 2 weeks ago, pretty cool eh?

shit, cat

>gm is nowhere to be seen in this thread

more proof that gm makes shoddily built shitboxes that aren't worth buying