Car feels general

Post your car feels, niggers.

>worked part time at Jamba Juice throughout high school
>be 18, saved up enough for a car of my own for college
>dad makes me buy his camry with 140k mi. off him so he can justify upgrading to a Lexus
>camry's been with us since it was new, but I wanted something different
>tfw had my eye on an old GTI, but family discount
>suck it up and take the Camry
>1 week later, hotboxed it with the bros for the first time
>have to drive to get food bc munchies, but paranoid as fuck so I drive 10 under the speed limit
>cop blasts by not giving a fuck bc camry's are invisible
>huh, guess this shitbox ain't so bad
>1 year later
>have learned to work on it myself bc of seeing my dad get overcharged at the stealership for dumb shit
>have learned to drive it spiritedly on local touges
>could only go slow, but still somewhat enjoyable
>have learned all the intricacies on how to get the best mpg's, the best line to take during turns, how it behaves when pushed to its limit, etc.
>camry's been with me through a very tough breakup (went on a mini road trip out to AZ to clear my mind)
>shit, I'm now seeing her as more than just a car. Start referring to her affectionately as Cameron.
>present day, 200k miles
>countless surf excursions up and down CA
>countless snowboarding trips to Big Bear, Wrightwood, and Mammoth
>countless road/camping trips up and down CA, up to NV and UT, and out to AZ
>she's gotten me through school, to and from my first real job, and then some
>never broke down and left me hanging once. We took care of each other.
>Cameron is now more than just a friend. She's a part of my family.
>tfw one day I may have to part with her...

pic related: my old 2003 XV30 on a camping trip out in Anza Borrego.

This begs the question, if you need to rebuild the engine, is it still the same car?

of course.

>mfw my name is Cameron
>mfw I'm a dude
>mfw this story got really weird for mW
>TFW picture myself as your car
>TFW I'm actually a dude and you think I'm a chick
>nomeansno.webm

>mfw I have no face, I am a Camry

Yes, you're not swapping the engine.

>being a guy with a girl's name
>not blaming your parents for their poor choice

> be idiot who buys old cars which I think are cool
>79 camaro 84 firebird 99 wrangler
>dad usually bitches me out for being irresponsible and not just getting a civic for 3k
>parents go out of town for business
>get drunk one night and check out a bronco on Craigslist
>buddy and I drive up there while drinking in his car
>test drive and buy it
>I now own a bronco

Fast forward 2 weeks
>picking up parents from airport
>"so what's new son?"
>*gulp* well I ughhh bought a truck dad
>"oh really? A tacoma ir Dakota? Something midsize and economical?"
>ummmmmm no its a fucking full size bronco xlt
>expect epic ass chewing
>dad's eyes light up
>"oh. My. God! I used to have a bronco Waaaaaay before u guys were born in fucking love those trucks! What year? What engine? Is it two tone? What colors is it m what size tires you got?"
>etc etc etc
>the old man is ecstatic
>talk about broncos for an hour and a half

Feels fuckin good Bros, last time I seen him this happy was when he found out I had a 84 firebird, he owned an 80s iRoc which is basically the same car

Sounds like a really chill guy. You should buy him a classic someday.

nice blog post, you brain dead stoner.

>have badass name that came from king with a bent nose
>girls name
Noty fault some goof thought he should name his girl after a mighty king.

He's got a 70s ford f250 in Mexico that my grandpa left the family when he passed away. Pops usually is all about 4 banger econoboxs that run to 300k with nothing but oil changes and water pump/timing and does not care for anything flashy or sporty whatsoever, won't even look at a car if it's not automatic but I guess when he was younger he was quite the enthusiast. Even had Harley and a 5.0 fox body at one point according to my mom and everything was manual but I guess the 3 of us being born basically fucked everything up for him and he had to settle at like 21 to raise kids and have a wife.

Ayyy looks like another socal bro.

>friend and I both own miatas
>most people we know were out of town for EDM that weekend
>local touge was closed due to road construction
>decide to cruise pch instead
>very mild day, about 72 with light sea breeze
>sun slightly obscured by marine layer
>drop the top, bitches
>play Radiohead just loud enough to hear over wind/engine
>comfy as fuck

I feel like not as many people go for drives just for the feeling anymore.

Okay regular car review guy

Where you guys at in socal? I'm right by San clemente

>name of highland chieftain with a jew nose who got pissraped by the Normans
>David Cameron, cuck politician
You must be very proud of yourself.

Tustin. Do I hear an OC thread comin round?

>be 19 sleeping on the floor of a warehouse in California
>working panda express trying to get an automotive job while shopping for a new car to drive
>sister had a 1996 dc4 Manual integra when she was my age, fall in love with the body and style if the bugeye 3rd gen
>finally find one down the street from the ware house I was sleeping at
>1994 with 130K miles for 1600$ middle class white guy owned it with kids
>bought it instantly wife cries as she sees me sign title husband shakes my hand and her small kids wave goodbye to it.
>have a blast racing people and stomping Bitch Ass miatas and 240's
>fast forward a year and I'm homeless but working 2 jobs.
>integra is my only shelter shields me from everything
>sitting in parking lot one day and look down I to e brake boot I see a small piece of paper
>child's ticket for the subway from 1996 valued at 1.10$
>run car fax found integra was purchased in Brooklyn new York in September 1994
>found its way to me years later In California
>finally stack enough paper and get own apartment at 20 with new Gf
>get new civic she drives the integra to work
>I have now owned my integra nicknamed "Brooklyn" for 3 years
>200K miles needs new axles brakes new tranny fluid and a bunch if shit
>me and gf break up she demands to keep integra because she has no way to work
>say fuck off and keep both cars and apartment
>she moves out whatever
sold it after 3 years if ownership because I drove the civic all the time and it just sat.
I wish I never sold it

Lol sorry dude, but that's what I've named her.

Woops I mixed up timelines I bought it at 19 sold it at 22

pretty sure I win car feels, faggots:
>mom buys new suburban after i'm born in 1994
>3 miles on it
>pictures of me from infant to now in it
>its my daily and has 253000 miles now
don't plan on ever selling it

I used to work at a panda in socal, Is your name mario?

>have shitbox
>iz daly
>1998cc AWD econobox
>fucking about one day
>find random beach
>4x4 vehicles only sign
>challenge accepted
>start driving down track
>ayy this easy
>almost bottoming out in some tire ruts
>get to 'the sign'
>"EXTREME DRIVING DAZARD!"
>oh yea, doing this or dieing.
[pic related]
>cleared hazard
>drove back wearing the biggest shit eating grin.
I know it looks 'meh' from the outside but doing that in a stock non dedicated off roader was an achievement for me.

That's sick.
I'm not beaner I'm white. Plus I'm from NorCal

Where is this at? I want to Know

'red rocks' wellington, new zealand.

Right on man. I knew a kid who lived out of his car while working with jobs (1 was panda the other warehouse stocking) while going to university for engineering and sending half his money back to Arizona or some shit to support his single parent mother and elementary school aged siblings . I was hoping you were him so I could see if that motivated mother fucker made it through college.

I feel the same every time I take the Camry off road and survive. Last time we were in the desert in 115 degree heat (around 45C) and got stuck in deep sand with a quarter tank of gas left. Fortunately, we just needed to get everyone out of the car to lighten it up and give it a good push to get it out. Ahh the days when we were stupid...

One of the more interesting things about being in Japan is that there is an insane amount of wealth in certain areas if you know where to look.

I remember walking around at about 7 AM somewhere in Ginza and this absolutely stunning Pagani Huayra races by me.. The AMG V12 is truly a sight to behold and hear. Walk down the street a little bit more, and you end up seeing an assload of S classes, AMGs, the works. The Japanese love their damn Mercedes. They treat them with the utmost respect to. Not a single one was remotely dirty or tarnished.

From there, you see all of the halo cars that Americans only dream about. The R34, S15, Stageas. I remember one girl wondering why I was going ballistic over this POS station wagon. It was a proper RB26 Stagea.

Not so much car feels, but seeing a few of those cars and believing that some day I can take the keys and papers for them keeps me going.

One thing that really hit me however, was sitting in a USDM Tacoma in one of the Toyota shops there (wasn't for sale of course, but just a display) and just thinking about home. One of the few times I truly felt homesick.

Got any pics of it senpai?

>no parking sign
>parked there anyway

>be 20
>know nothing about cars at the time, except that Toyotas are tanks and easy to wrench on
>been driving dad's old Toyota Pickup (learned on the truck, was a stick) or biking to work
>buy myself an old Corolla (pic related) off neighbor bc wanted own transport to/from school
>neighbor was an old lady who almost never drove the car
>tires were dry rotted to shit
>spark plug wires and vacuum lines all rotted to shit
>okay, wasn't expecting much bc paid $2500
>friend introduces me to this magical place call Veeky Forums
>what is AE86
>what is 4A-GE
>consult autists on what/how to fix
>order parts, spend a weekend fixing it up
>car runs like a champ
>ffw a few months
>been watching inishiaru D thanks to you faggots
>took the 八六 on the touge a few times at lowish speed to live the meme
>holy shit, was actually fun
>start looking at mods and driving it harder
>present day
>a set of coilovers, new bushings all round, stickier tires and a sway bar set later, I'm fucking in love with the car
>every now and then I have to go look at her in the garage just cause
>can relate to the scenes where dagumi and itsuki have a feels moment with their cars
>mfw you faggots turned me into a car weeb

Anaheim checking in

>be me 16
>need a car because sports and my mom started working
>dad is a Volkswagen freak (owns an 83 vanagon and his dd, a brand new '08 passat
>I try to assure him that he can get a shitbox because I want to have something I can wrench on and learn
>buys $3500 03 passat wagon, I thought that was too much to spend
>drives great, really great interior but slow
>absolute nightmare to work on
>brings me to hate working on it
>dad doesn't want me working on it by myself and doesn't trust me

My early driving years were shit. Now I'm 24 and still driving it though because I'm poor

I've grown attached to it, but then again I'm not just because of the shitty engine bay

Pic related, took this last year

>high school student who also worked
>parents wouldn't get me a car because they're fucking cucks even though I had the money to do monthly installments on a shit box but whatevs
>get into cars when looking into shitboxes
>really dig BMWs and Mazdas (don't know why I liked those two brands more than any but whatever)
>summer before college and I get all my scholarship money and I got like 1.5-2 grand for myself, away from books
>aw shit nigga project car time
>jk family car dies and my dad retires and is on a strict budget
>forced to buy a reliable shitbox
>get a 2001 Saturn sc2 with 170k miles
>it drives
>6 months later I get really attached to it, hydroplane at 25 mph (probably super duper worn tires at the time)
>start freaking out because I thought the car was damaged and start tearing up a little
>car is fine and I move on to the rest of my work day
>fast forward close to the year anniversary of owning the car
>driving to school, the RPMs get stuck at 3,000 for some reason, makes a stupid loud noise, then goes down to 750 and starts making even more noise

>take to mechanic
>"catastrophic event in the engine" "would cost more than the car to figure it out"

Balled my fucking eyes out, I fucking hate being attached to that shitty car, but it was mine.
Now I'm saving up for an EVO so fuck it but still, pretty painful. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Get out of my town you cum guzzling faggot.

Lol what do u drive?

he unironicly thinks this shit guys HAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAA

>Be Me
>Owned nothing but normie boring cars
>Finally make good money
>want fun new car
>Shop around & almost fall for the mustang meme
> Seems like its great car and enjoyed testing it
>On a whim decide to go to Mazda dealership
>See ND miata
>fuck it.jpg
>Test drive it and fall in love with it immediately.
>Not as much power as muscle car but way more fun
>Negotiate for several days, lol at goobers that buy cars same day
>Finally finalize it and buy
>Driving around like a madman top down around town
>Take it up PCH, have so much fun on it and lose track of time
>Drive more miles than I wanted
>End up in malibu beach.
>No fucks given

I never in a million years thought I would buy a miata. Wasnt a miata fanboi either just went in their a blank slate and tested the car out. Dont fall for memes about what cars are good, go out and test drive them for yourselfs.
I have been in some really fast cars, some of them heavily modified and can tell you that I have had more fun in the ND than those cars.

Pic related

Nice car, been wanting one so I can be like dagumi.

If I do get one it will be my project car and will be modded heavily

Long Beach Checkin in

Torrance

Turdland Corona checking in

Fucking nice. My story is similar, only I got an S2000 instead of an NC. This was back in 2009, and the S2k is still my DD.

>Be 25, accepted to medical school, joined the Air Force to pay for it.
>Have a 14 year old VW GTI that I've owned for 5 years, bought it in cash when I returned home from Iraq.
>Only my second car, first car was a 94 Golf.
>"Need" a new car because I'm getting a 20k signing bonus.
>Moving to Kansas where it snows like a motherfucker, practicality would dictate getting a Scooby or truck, but my heart is with VW.

What do? My car doesn't have any major issues, but it's old, the headlights don't work well, getting close to 200k miles, and I have no kids or anything else to do with the money.

>kansas
>snows like a mother fucker

is this a joke? I'm in michigan right now and theres fucking old grannys driving volvo 240s and dumb college girls driving sn95 mustangs in more snow than kansas will ever see

Really? I took a trip to Bend, OR last week where there was about 6 inches of snow and almost slid off the road several times. I didn't like that.

Just drive slow and don't be dumb
Be slow on corners

No, you don't understand. Kansas gets blizzards that they aren't prepared for, just like their "WTF tornados" thing. It's a product of being on the federal dole and state level budget cuts. They think they can make do without state taxes while also refusing free welfare on the federal dime.

The last time I went skiiing in Colorado the main problem we encountered was driving back across Kansas on I70. They shut down the interstate (seriously as in "get off here and try to find a hotel or go to jail") because they didn't have the resources to keep their roads open. We had to pull off of I70 and find a "cheap" $120 hotel because they didn't have the resources to keep the interstate open. FUN FUN FUN!!

It's something that people like us in the Great Lakes can't fathom. But it's Kansas, and it's why people need 4WD trucks and 6 months of rations living in the lower Great Plains.

t. Northern Ohio

Good to know. I have a friend who lives in Topeka and she said basically the same thing. Everything shuts down when it snows hard and nobody can go anywhere. I guess that makes me even more certain I need a new car.

>what is sportwagen 4motion

>be 18, buy attainable dream car
>now be 31, still have it
>learned how to work on cars with this car
>learned how engine mods work together for increased power with this car
>Took a car from newish and wore it out with this car
>taught my brother to drive with this car
>put 270k miles on this car myself
>seen both oceans, the gulf, and Canada in this car
>cars been wrecked multiple times and always buy a cheap beater and fix my car then sell beater
>on third engine fourth trans, fifth rear, upgrading everything every time something breaks
>everyone says "buy a toyota/honda" but fuck that I'm not a loser, life to short to drive a boring car
>put new koni/moog/HD suspension on this summer for her 300k mile birthday
>drive for 3 weeks, power steering pump that's been going out for the last decade gives up the ghost and pukes fluid into the alternator, killing them both
>fix with new ps pump, press on my aftermarket aluminum pulley (every. Single. Part. of this car has been upgraded) and higher amp alternator. Last week.
>car is perfect. Everything is HD, sd, or extreme duty wherever possible, better then new, this is what it should have been from the factory, culmination of all my work over the past 13 years is perfection.
>drive for 3 days
>woman I'm following isn't paying attention and rear ends a truck

That feel when you see the car that you're following come to an immediate halt 30 ft ahead of you and know it's the end of your car.

Been 3 days.

This actually made me cry inside. Sorry for your loss, man.

And one of the highest high-scores for an fbody I've ever seen. It had 306xxx on it.

Irvine reporting in. Lot of OC people on here, we should do a mini meet.

Uh, repair the shit that's broken? What the fuck is up with this garbage-ass normie meme that says you need to throw away the thing and buy a new one because some shit broke? Nut up you nigger and fix it already. Jesus.

I would love one but they don't have manual transmissions as an option. :/

>but my heart is with the VW
If OP is willing spend the time/money to keep a shitty Camry going, there isn't any reason why you can't do the same for your car.

dude that sucks I feel the pain, my headlight motor cries for you

If you do, don't crash it. They're rare enough as it is right now, let alone one relatively close to stock.

Shoulda gone for the S2000 instead

Dagumi is that you?

>They think they can make do without state taxes
Sounds like Greece where people find ways to not pay taxes. Their national debt piles up and one day the interest payments on it are big enough to swallow up too much of any incoming new money. Since USA states are not allowed to borrow money and enter deficit spending, that won't happen. They will just shut down services like what Kansas does because it doesn't tax enough.

I wonder how potholed their roads are