/assg/ Asymetrical Slasher Series general: Sackhood Jason Edition

Friday 13th, Last Year, Dead by Daylight

We are transitioning from a singular game general to a collection general. Please excuse the OP information as more will be added through in the next few thread cycles.

As of right now still using the Dead By Daylight information.

>What is Dead by Daylight?
Asymmetrical Online multiplayer. 4 survivors scramble to fix 5 generators, while 1 killer wants to sacrifice all of them

>What is Friday the 13th?
a upcoming slasher game featuring Jason and counselors. 7 counselors with different stats and abilities try to escape the camp while Jason kills them one by one

>Official Wiki
deadbydaylight.gamepedia.com/Dead_by_Daylight_Wiki

>Discord Chat
discord.gg/Eb3WFHz

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/dbdgeneral

>Latest Patch Notes (v1.3.1)
steamcommunity.com/app/381210/discussions/0/154642901285984203/

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GgzrYwKOeok&t=757s
youtube.com/watch?v=9yYp8ZeQ-I8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Jason is cute. CUTE!

Jason is for _________

>Still didn't put Damned in the OP
>Each Jason can have 4 Grab kills, has 3 Strengths and 3 Weaknesses
So I assume it'll be 6 skills and you get either a benefit or a drawback to each skill based on personal choice?
>Shift as a Weakness either means you can't shift (unlikely) or it has some drawback, such as longer cooldown, limited use, or something

Nobody plays Damned because it's somehow worse than DBD.

It's actually not. The problem is solely it has no userbase and was riddled with problems during its stint in Early Access.

i think all Jason's will be able to long range shift because the maps are so huge, but not short range. since running jason is mobile i bet you are right though

Frogs. You gave money to frogs. Frogs that insist infinites take "so much skill" while implementing a perk that stuns the killer if he dares to pick a survivor up.

>somehow
I think I would prefer to watch paint dry rather than play Damned.

>it's actually not
It's fun for an hour and then you never want to play it again. And even then the only fun part was listening to my friend scream in terror every time he saw the ring chick near him.

Long-range Shift is Morph.
>Sense is heat-vision
>Morph is your long-range teleport
>Shift is your short range teleport
My other postulation is that each Jason will have a unique skill set in terms of Strengths and Weaknesses, benefits to 3 skills, drawbacks to 3 others.
But I just don't know.

Alright reposting from last thread.

Dude what in the fuck is going on in Dead by Daylight?

Every other match it's "failed to join game," then you have to either restart the client or get an infinite pulsing loading screen, which makes you restart the client. I have literally had to restart the game 5 times through task manager to find one game.

This piece of shit is literally unplayable, and the devs should be jumping out of their ass talking to the players and working on a hotfix immediately, but they haven't said SHIT, and this is during/right after a FREE WEEKEND.

What kind of asshole developers did I just give money to?

I'm seriously considering pre-ordering Friday the 13th just because I know it can't possibly have servers and matchmaking that are this bad. I've never seen a game pull this shit, ever. These devs must be fucking morons, they gained and lost a player in less than 8 hours.

I wonder what the Tom Savini skin will be.

also, anyone else want a NES skin? like campy as fuck looking blue mask and everything.

Why can't you fags just make your own general?

Working as intented

Sorry for repost, thanks for the answer.

Goddamn it all to hell.

I'm new to DBD and I've only played as killer.
If someone sabotages all of your hooks and then runs to the edge of the map you're in the right to drop that spastic piece of shit on the ground and just stare at him all game, right?
I just had a game as myers where two raging shitcunts destroyed all of my hooks in a minute and it was just a clownshow from there on out; to the point I drug the jake that kept trying to save them to the exit just so they'd bleed out.

I'm an inch off of buying Friday the 13th for similar reasons and because I got nothing better to do with my time or money.

>hey dudes after a long night of thinking and smoking DUDE WEED ive come up with a new general name
>"Well what is it?"
>ASS general haha get it ITS A HORROR GAME GENERAL
>"Brilliant, amazing 10/10"
I didn't vote for this and I don't know why any sane person would either. Last Year? Nobody knows what that is or plays that. F13? Fetish game probably DoA and not even past the beta yet, let alone a released game.
Why the fuck you fags changed /dbdg/ into this mess is a mystery to me, all you did was kill the general even quicker by confusing people.

Last year isn't out yet. We voted on this months ago, but we've been revoting as of late but last I recall ssg was winning, not assg.

To get fags like that to the basement you'll need to be running atleast Irongrasp2 and Agitation1

>Fetish game
If anyone gets off to Jason or the death and dismemberment (Enjoying it for those satisfying thunks and crushes is fine) probably should go see a psychiatrist.

All I got is save the best for last 1 and irongrasp 1
This, while being fun, is very frustrating to play with all this cheese.

Make a poll, at the end of the thread we will have the decision of the general.

>i didn't vote for this
too bad we did.

If someone starts destroying your shit try to catch someone while there are still some hooks left, them facecamp.

It probably won't even be in the Beta yet.
While it'd be stupid, I'd like a Kawaii Jason skin decked in pink with a unicorn sticker on one of the mask's eye holes.

Digital Pre-order is enough for the Beta on Tuesday, yes?

There has already been a few polls before this last one and /assg/ barely made the cut after probably being played by bots.
I say just leave it as is, continually messing with it will just as the first guy said confuse and make people leave.

the devs are cool with skin mods that dont affect the game

Can't wait to brutally kill this qt 3.14.

this

I am the user you replied too, i agree with you.

Well then, I know what I'll be doing post-release if the game isn't dumpster.
>That fucking slow ass speed
>Is also too dumb to be able to fix a fuse box, maybe even to call the cops
>Doesn't get scared easily and will probably find Jason's own weapon in a random drawer with that luck
10/10 actually balanced.

not if i protect her

Then I'll kill this qt instead.

they're worried about polish

Can't wait to edit the files day 1 so that all the playable characters have their built in newd models and wank my fuckin' dck to this crapola

>Google Kawaii Jason for no particular reason
>Fox-boy Hitler is the 3rd result in Google Images
That's enough Internet for 1 day.

It's the way it's meant to be played, really.

If you can find her.

>problem hair
go ahead

Joke is on you friend, I'll be protecting her.
You won't even fucking find her I bet.

>Naked Jason slaying naked campers at Came Crystal Lake, which is also naked

Yes.

Thank you.

>yfw all their genitals are the mannequin style flat surface and no nipples

I wouldn't recommend that, who knows what kind of bugs this one could have. It's sad but that's how the videogame industry works nowadays.

Wait for the game itself, not the beta, then decide.

It's really hilarious how every stream they mention carefully making changes in the game so they don't fuck up and make people unable to play. One patch and freeweek later, everything is in shambles. So much for their half assed excuses.

They just extended the beta by a day because they've been having trouble getting the server running today and the beta hasn't started yet.

BETA EXTENDED A DAY
EVERYONE GET IN HERE

Neat, so that means F&F 18-20 and Pre-orders 20/21-24 or something?

yes

>that hair

Right after you.

I think this is wise. I haven't pre-ordered a game since Skyrim and I don't really plan to start.

Company making F13 sounds like a small group, too. I hope they don't bite off more than they can chew.

>this outfit won't be in the game
DLC, i guess

Which one is that?

For anyone wondering this is one of the bugs delaying the beta, imo they made a good decision deciding to fix it first instead of opening the beta with it in.

Freddy vs jason and 2009 Jason are the only two they dont have rights to

>transparency
>Delaying the inlay of funding and extending given allotment
>Bug-fixing
Already 3 times as good as DBD.

And so it begins.

>devs actually fixing things
im not used to this as a dbd player

It's Friday 13th 2009 outfit. I would be fine with Freddy vs Jason outfit as well. I just like this look.
A shame, really

Is F13 better in play than it looks because I just watched a shitload of gameplay and it looks like ASS (no pun intended)

No one knows yet.

I want to kiss meg and jenny

there's very little out yet.

what language is this?

We DO know. Check IGN's channel.

It's the beta so you could expect most of the features in it are going to be in the final release. Still, they said they're going to release a shit ton of patches but I wouldn't trust them too much. This could be the next disappointment of the year.

It's in beta!

Meg > Jenny

youtube.com/watch?v=GgzrYwKOeok&t=757s

holy shit this looks fucking awful

>one video from shitty journos means it's bad.
youtube.com/watch?v=9yYp8ZeQ-I8

We got him out.

If this was our beta we would not delay it, it's just a little bug that's all!

We could probably argue this for a while, in my honest opinion, it looks decent for a Beta.
And I mean that in literally a "content incomplete, expect bugs" type of Beta, not a "The game is full and complete, we're just letting you preview it" way that many companies nowadays do.
I can definitely see myself getting my $40 out of it assuming they keep up the good work.

I never said it's bad geez!

sorry babe
it was meant for

Sorry, user. You've already been cucked by the BBC.

>they tell people private matches are P2P but quick is on servers
>reveal the beta is so short because the servers cost almost 8000 dollars a day and they dont want to waste their budget
>wont allow P2P private games after the beta anyway
Why is this allowed? id rather play with my friends for the next few months than play QP in the first place let alone an extra day

Which killer should I be spending my blood points on? I've been spending it on Myers but I hear he's not that good.

That's just how betas go. I imagine there's still server business going on even with private matches being P2P. Did you seriously think they'd let you do private matches until release?

Whichever one you enjoy. Trapper has the best teachables, but you can get those in the Shrine.

>shitty journos are why the game looks so unexciting and also why the animations are terrible

yeah okay

>inb4 it's a beta

we all know that nowadays beta means "we will fix some bugs but otherwise the game is basically done"

Thank fucking god since the thing is 10 gigs and my shit internet needs all the time it can get to download the thing

what are you after when playing killer? outskilling survivors? 4 kills? bloodpoint gains? fun?

>shitty journos are why the game looks so unexciting and also why the animations are terrible
Looked pretty exciting to me. Animations are terrible because it's a low-budget Kickstarter game.

>we all know that nowadays beta means "we will fix some bugs but otherwise the game is basically done"
When the beta happens two weeks before release, yeah. Not when it happens months before release.

no but im getting 10 keys and would love to play it til release

except those betas are the whole game usually

these guys havent finished the maps and models of the ones that aren't in the beta AND still have yet to finish the content in the game.
This is an old fashioned beta senpai

What the hell? Myers is fine, in my opinion he's probably one of the easiest killers in the game to play as.

Still, I'd recommend to spend some points on Trapper and get his Teachable Brutal Strength. It's quite useful since one of the main objects survivors use to distract you are the pallets.

Fun, mostly. which means murdering.

well, even though they've removed some of the fun from Billy, you should go for him

nurse if you can tolerate the stuns after blinks

Which Jason and Councilor will you play first?

Sackhood and Deborah Kim (bookish girl)

I imagine you'll have to unlock some of them, but assuming they're available, Part 2 Jason and either Jenny or AJ.

Sack and whoever my friends don't take and is male.
Speaking of, I'm curious if the game will support queuing up with friends for quick play.
The game already has VOIP so that doesn't matter much.

well you can level up to 30, i assumed perks would be most of what we unlocked, since outfits aren't in this one.

A.J. as counselor and Part 2 Jason is my favorite.

>I'm curious if the game will support queuing up with friends for quick play.
yes it will. private matches or p2p but qp is on their server and you can get XP, your friends can join you or you can party up and start a queuing for a match

sackhood confirmed best jason?

Great, thanks Insider-user.