Why does Veeky Forums hate manual transmissions?

Why does Veeky Forums hate manual transmissions?

Because most of them are under 30?

You speak as if Veeky Forums is one entity

because most of them are benchracing/busriding scum who have only played car games.

They think automatic is best because they don't have to learn to drive other than turning the steering wheel and pushing on the gas/brake

Might as well push the car yourself too

I hate it because I can't own one, I've been looking on craigslist but all these fags own auto.

>having to revmatch
>having to shift at all
mannycucks BTFO

because the majority of Veeky Forums is american

>guaranteed replies

>I want to drive while I drink my hipster coffee manuel tranny suxxxxx!!!!!!!1!!!11!

Veeky Forums is the reason i started driving manual and servicing my own car, idk what youre talking about

>tfw my dreamcar I want to drive one day is 99% manufactured auto
>only during the first couple weeks of production a couple manuals were made
>can't find them ANYWHERE

fuck everything...

>I-I am m-more of an enthusiast because I drive a m-manual

every single car that costs want to pull out of a drive way using an automatic of a friend
>dense traffic... wait... wait... wait, fuck that spot was good, would have already used it on my oldass manual car going 5k rpm out
>wait... wait... wait
>finally get a safe opportunity
>hit the gas full force
>*smacks lips and shakes head from side to side* OH BOY YA LIL NIGGA TRYIN TO HARM DA ENWHYERNMENT WITH YO SPEEDING?! IMA BIG STRONG BLACK BMW THAT NO NEED NO CRAZY AS NIGGA WASTIN MA GAS IMA PULL A CAP ON YO TORQUE DOWN TO THE LEVEL OF A SOVJET TIME NUKE WARHEAD TRANSPORTER!
>almost get my ass hit as I crawl onto the street with 600 diesel rpm

thanks automatic!

Just got my first manual car Saturday. I like shifting and being able to rev as much as I like. But holy shit reversing is the worst thing ever. I was trying to practice yesterday and stalled at least 10 times trying to pull out of my driveway

Because Veeky Forums hates literally everything, except for the act of hating everything itself. Veeky Forums LOVES doing that.

Really? When I was learning reversing was by far the easiest part. just feather the clutch senpai.

>BMW
Your fault.
My AW4 responds as soon as the I6 starts revving.

>i am an enthusiast
>i hate changing gears
>i hate doing work on the car
>i love watching my boyfriend getting rammed by Tyrone

I hate autos because you can't control the gear changes and most slushboxes with paddles take a season to downshift.

>be driving me mom's X3 slushbox
>get on highway cruising at 60 MPH
>decide to slowly get up to 70 MPH
>press pedal halfway
>car downshifts into 3rd
>feel like an asshole BMW driver that overrevs his car everywhere

this.
>auto rav4 gen2
>can't pass on motorway since by the time it downshifts I've been helicoptered to a nearby hospital
>Can't doriftu in snow unless lock into second gear
>can't go straight from doriftu to racing because it needs to be changed to D and overdrive disabled
>can't race on track from stop launch since it takes ages to get going from standstill with full throttle, literally 2 seconds
>Have to shift to neutral at stop
>switching from neutral to drive once it gets yellow takes long enough for people behind me to stop honking
>engine gives me power when it wants as opposed to when you want with a manual
>car changes gears whenever you feel like it. If you want it to change gear you have to let go of gas
>not enough gears to be economical on highway
>takes more care to not break an auto as opposed to manual which you should just not money shift
even in my brothers quashquai with auto/manual it's shit
>doesn't let you shift up to be more economical half the time
>doesn't let you shift down unless it's allready far out of the powerband
>gearchange is somehow slower than manual
>nowhere near as enjoyable to shift gears as in sw20 manual

They're just irritating. I enjoy stop-start traffic in manual FAR FAR more

Because they suck when your trying to drive your luxobarge through town

I have never driven an automatic car

I couldn't find a standard trans in the car i wanted for a few months so i said fuck it, but im swapping it in later.

It doesn't matter how long or how short the shift time is, it's not what you wanted. When you're doing it yourself it's exactly what you wanted every time.

I dont because i dont suck at driving

Underated post

What is your dream car?

you couldn't be more wrong kek. Veeky Forums loves manutragic transmission even though auto's are way faster. oh and z06's are better then shit tier gtr's.

More like hates automatic transmissions.

>can't revbomb scrubs
>objectively worse at predicting downshifts
>less fun

Go watch a video of Ayrton Senna and tell me you don't want to do that.

Reversings a right nig at times. If it helps there's some good videos online for us britbong learners that show the pedal work along with some general advice for it. My advice is just to go find an empty car park and reverse into spaces until you nail the pedal work, it's how I got taught reversing.

This, I prefer manuél for real cars but auto for racing games because I'm too much of a poorfag for a steering wheel/pedal setup for the games, and shifting sucks on a controller. If I could afford the steering wheel controller I would use manual.

I would like manual transmissions a lot more if my engine mounts were not fucked and made every shift gay as fuck.

It's like first gear but you go backwards. What kind of trouble could you have with that?

Not really like first. You usually slip and feather it a lot more. Full clutch out is a bit too fast

You almost never fully let go of the clutch when reversing in most situations. It is too fast. You keep it like half way or 3/4 down. While giving it a bit of gas. It's not riding the clutch unless you are going above like 2k rpm which you really should not be. It's the same as first gear if you are pulling away or going into a driveway etc. Fulling letting go of the clutch right away you would probably fly forward.

>Have to shift to neutral at stop
What the fuck are you talking about?

I only drive auto because I got an insane deal on my luxury toyboata

this

feels good to be european, never have to drive some auto cancer unless i rent a car in america

reverse gear is even lower than first gear, so you shouldn't be stalling but you will shoot off if you let go of the clutch

I'm Canadian and i drive a shitbox manual mazda 3. I can't stand driving an automatic car it feels extremely weird and i get anxious anytime i do. Would much rather a manual. Might be because its all i have driven in my first car.

Grid had the best controls for a manual in a racing game.
L Stick for steering
Left Trigger for Brake
Right Trigger for Gas
A for Upshift
X for Downshift

The H pattern shifter with the G27 is garbage, since it has no feel it's really no fun. Paddles are fine for racing games though.

Where do you all live? I live in LA so a manual cat is a bit of a bitch here in all the traffic. Especially going from OC to LA on the 405 and being back to back then 80 then back to back.

Kinda wish I had a rural home so I could have a nice manual and drive cozy

Play around with controls until you find what works for you, manual in games does help a lot.

it's like linux fags on /g/, proud and condescending because they choose to do the harder, more complicated thing

>PITA in traffic
>Literally slower than Automatics on the drag strip and track
>???
>Meme'd out of existance
>only prefered by oldfags and posers
Yeah nah 4sp 4l60e does me fine.

oh christ nah mayne its more like Nvidia and Intel shills.

I have the perfect trifecta to annoy the fuck out of /g/

>intel cpu
>amd gpu
>windows 10 os
literally baits them every single time

Americans who can shift behave as if it is some great skill and that their Civic is a race car. The rest don't like it because they can't do it.

Most posters on Veeky Forums are from America.

because Veeky Forums is populated by at least 80% by americans

that's like saying

>having to have a long dick
>having to fuck your wife yourself

Gtfo you sad little benchracing shitstain

US driver licenses need to have a fat red line on them stating "AUTOMATIC VEHICLES ONLY" unless prospective drivers pass their driving tests in a car with a manual transmission. It'll serve as good filter.

This way, when people apply to my company and send photocopies of their DLs I'll know exactly which to delete.

what is so big deal ? i drive a manual car because i can't afford a automatic one i never drove a automatic car but from what i heard it is more easily i don't have problems driving manual but i don't see the point why i shouldn't make my life easy if that's posible

>PITA in traffic
Not really. I don't even think about it when I'm driving.

I just love to rev match, the only time I would like to drive an automatic would be in an at least 3h long slowly moving traffic jam.

The thing that tringgers me most is this discussion I have some times:

>Fagboy: Damn I was going so hard yesterday with my new ride, shit is really a beast
>Me: Oh you leased that new car (200HP Audi A1), is it manual or auto?
>Fagboy: Auto obviously, it would not even be possible to manually shit this kind of power.

I actually don't know but this pisses me of. It can't be true can it? I see 560HP Turboed ricers manually shift, so why would it not be possible to shift this piece of shit.

Just tell me this cuntboy is a pussy who just can't shift.

Because the traffic I drive through is fucking stupid. It's not stop and go, it's a goddamn melee. I wouldn't be able to react fast enough to not die four times a fucking week.

Yea, I had the same issue. Had to settle for a for a 2004 V6 Mustang. got a good deal on it though cause he couldn't find anyone that wanted manual lol.

>Why does Veeky Forums hate manual transmissions?

Is this bizzaro Veeky Forums?

I'm glad to see these coming back, I should start using the rest of those images I have stored up.

It's not true, tell the fuccboi to khs

>that cuntboy is a pussy who just can't shift.

>auto drivers dont know basic dos and donts of their system
more proof that auto drivers don't give a fuck about cars or driving and only use cars as a way to get from one point to other or as jewellry

u dumbass hoe we love them

The manual transmission is the most powerful race in the world.

>telling lies on the internet
>pretending people would actually talk to you about their shiny new Audi
>not telling us he's an A3 owner instead
>560HP Turboed ricers

Do you even own a car, user?

What the hell is rev matching? I've been driving manual cars for 15 years, and I've never heard of it outside the Internet.

When you downshift, you rev up the engine so the rpms reach where they should be in that gear.

What a fucking pleb..

>reading comprehension

Some old muscle from the 80s was too powerful to be made manual at the time, but that's not really a thing today

In most cars it is slightly higher

What does this even mean
You know a manual transmission at any time and age is stronger + simple than a torque converter auto?

They stuck autos in those because America loves them. That has to be the stupidest shit Ive seen said on here.

Probably clutches and difs and shit would blow idk.

Reverse is something people have a problem with? Are you all backing up a fucking hill? I just slowly let off my clutch until I start to back up, then keep it around there. I don't even push the gas unless I have to back out like a mad man.

>broke dick nigga bitching about how broke his dick is
Try not driving a shitass wore-out car.

Influx of redditors in the last couple years.

When manual is useful:
>no traffic, no police
>racetracks

When automatic is useful:
>normal, daily use
>if you want cruise control
>any other circumstance other than when manual is applicable

What is this manual traffic meme? I live in the GTA, greater toronto area and traffic is basically every hour of the day. It's really not that bad. All it takes is planning your driving around the conservation of momentum when driving so you can keep going easily. Don't tailgate everyone and you will have plenty of space to roll in traffic and not have to keep going on and off the clutch or from 1st to 2nd.

>cruise control
Manuals have cruise control faggot

Most games have a manual mode without a clutch which makes it actually usable on a controllet

>if you want cruise control

Never even been inside of a manual car in your life have you?

It's not as practical as auto for DD and I'm too poor to have 2 cars.

>not as practical

Drive manual for more than a week and your hand just moves on it's own. It's not a complex process, clutch goes in change the gears clutch goes out. If anything driving automatics unnerves me, my right hand reaches out and grabs air, or the passenger, and my left foot twitches whenever the engine hits a certain RPM.

Also the fact that the whole thing happens automatically and you have no control over it makes me tense. Like, the car will change gears whenever it wants and there is literally nothing you can do about it.

Essentially it comes down to personally preference, but manuals are objectively better for racing so get fucked.

git gud

Sorry but my shitbox just sails downhill unless I pretty much floor it when backing up uphill. That's the only problem maneuver for me in San Francisco.

You can fuck right off. There's

>woooowweee people arent autistic like me and use their car as intended

Google failed car jacking due to lack of knowledge on manual transmission.

>my gears are moving on their own oni chan

kek.

It's probably why the Apex niggers in Melbourne steal high end Euro shit. A pity it won't stop the Lebs from trying to steal Skylines.

Probably the same reason they hate pop ups, lightweight japanese sport cars, and love hybrid crossovers.

What the fuck are you talking about?

I have to buy automatic because they're cheaper on the used market
:(

>more proof that auto drivers don't give a fuck about cars or driving and only use cars as a way to get from one point to other
What the fuck are you supposed to use cars for, stupid fuck?

It's some stupid hipster shit that millennial "enthusiasts" do.

There is at least one recorded instance of a carjacker demanding that his victim teach him to drive it.

That being said, I continue to refer to my shifter as an anti-theft device.

Also I suppose replacing my knob with a buttplug has contributed to the effect.

You have perfectly described my X5

Why are you even on Veeky Forums?

I prefer manual but the TC-SST in my Ralliart is pretty good.
Although, gotta flush the fluid and replace the filter, but it's cold as ice balls out.

>Why would they waste that space on DL's.
So people who can't drive manual would be laughed at.

TOE GAY BATTLES YOU NORMIE SCUM