Concept cars you're glad were never mass produced

Concept cars you're glad were never mass produced.

>powered by a nuclear reactor
>get in accident
>Chernobyl

>Buy one off the lot like a normal car
>proceed to drive casually to destination
>purposely run the car as fast as possible into a large facility full of people
>small nuclear explosion instantly kills everyone in the impact zone and gives radiation poisoning to anyone else near by

Good mass-terrorist attack weapon. probably still doesn't beat a plane.

o ty kurwo jebana

I think it's cute.

>twingo and uno
>netflix and chill
>???
hello mama papa

This concept always fucking bothered me. Concepts are supposed to look towards the future and show you what's to come or test NEW ideas. They're not supposed to be love letters to a time 70 years prior.
Fuck the Efigy.

I really like it when I first saw it as a kid but now it sort of looks like a boomer tribute project.

It looks like a custom boomer car from the late 30's/early 40's. I'll say it again. Fuck that thing. I hope they crushed that concept.

I would have totally bought that second hand, looks like a comfy beach cruiser.

>muh fushur
You mean the future where anything that isn't self-driving is banned because of "muh children"? Fuck yourself you neo-futurist cunt. Your kind is going to ban everything fun to stroke your virtue boner.

this would have been a pile of shit if it had made it to production.

only bought by niggers & boomers, god awful build quality, anemic engine, trash transmission, would depreciate 50% in 2 years.

pretty much what i'm saying here is that if a german manufacturer built this it would be 110% better.

>"muh children"
Thank you. I actually laughed at that. I'm a misanthropist. Fuck the children, and Fuck you. There's no reason technology and futurist ideas can't be used to enhance the driving experience rather than removing it completely.

Would probably see much more cautious driving

Try telling that to the nanny state.

>You mean the future where anything that isn't self-driving is banned because of "muh children"?
Literally calm your buttblast, you cunt. And stop putting words into peoples' mouths.

would have sucked anyway

The nanny state won't go away until we pass a law that completely changes the current driver education program on its head and makes getting a license both hard and expensive.

However, politically it's a horrible move. People will revolt if something isn't handed to them like that. People will not stand the fact their politicians called them too stupid to properly operate an expensive piece of machinery no matter how true it is. Until that happens, the self-driving car agenda will continue because it's more politically acceptable than telling everyone they're retarded and shouldn't have licenses.

I like how it looks, but this. It would never be a shitbox to hoon in.

What about both? Self-driving cars for the masses, while anyone who wants to drive themselves can still get a license that's much harder to get and much easier to lose because it's no longer so vital to have.
>Stacey won't rear-end you at a stop light because she was busy texting
>Chad won't try to impress his girlfriend with a hektik drift that ends up plowing into an entire kindergarten class waiting for a bus
>you can still drive if you want, as long as you're not retarded

(WAKE ME UP)

>yet

We'll, Chrysler is selling cars doing this.

No population will ever trust self driving cars, period. You people keep leaving out the fact most randos will consider it to be suicidal machine-voodoo that will just as soon careen into a wall as stop at a sign properly.

This will endure until, AT MINIMUM, 2060.

Could have worked if the grill was avant-garde too.

People like you say the same shit about every emerging technology which becomes an eventual standard. Christ you're fucking obnoxious.

We fallout now

Basically a worse Chrysler prowler type car. I hate the fact they tried to make cars like these

>nuclear explosion
That's not how radioactivity works.

fuck, this one was nice

>gives bad drivers cancer
Explain how this is a bad thing?

>bought by niggers and boomers
As opposed to all the other luxury barges bought by whom exactly? Opinion questionable.

>anemic engine
GM has some pretty good engines at the moment, especially in the Cadillacs. Opinion untrue.

>depreciates
Hold on, let me go find the luxury cars that don't depreciate at a similar rate or worse than caddies. Oh wait. Opinion discarded.

>German, at all better in any quantifiable way, especially in 2016
Opinion laughed at.

It was a panda with a bodykit actually
6 years of development for taxpayers' money that led to a fucking barely functional bodyshell on panda's chassis filled with interior bits from fiat 126.

Whats wrong with that? Looks sexy as fuck.

>americans

Can someone explain to me what's wrong with this? It genuinely looks like a nice car.

The moron got confused and posted a production car instead of a concept car

just looks like a C3 corvette

All of them. Concept cars are hideous and are so fucking FUUUUUUTUUUUUUUURE they all end up looking retarded. I understand certain design decisions have to be made to make progress in car design overall and sometimes risks have to be taken otherwise things would just look the same forever, but these massive design leaps that happen with 99% of concept cars makes them look absolutely ridiculous.

it is a c3 corvette with a mid engine
america has never made a good mid / rear engine car

It's the Chevrolet Aerovette concept IIRC. It used a prototype 4 rotor rotary engine in an MR setup back when GM was toying with the idea of rotary engines before abandoning the program.

all Corvettes have been mid engine since 1963

alright smartass ... mid as in behind the driver and in front of the rear axle

yeah i dunno as a aussie i am kinda torn on this

the wheels are lights are retarded but the actual body isnt too bad

That actually went into production dumbass. this is a thread for concepts you're glad DID NOT make it to production.

That isn't the Aerovette. That is the Corvette Astro 2. It has a backwards mounted iron block 427. It was considered for production for 73, but it had a problem of blowing up transaxles.

This is not a prototype, it's in mass markets years ago. I've test driven it. It looks like absolute shit but drives pretty nice.