So is the 2series inofficially the modern E30?

Are they just as durable and reliable?
Are they still relatively OK to wrench on?

>modern german car
>Are they still relatively OK to wrench on?
Lol

thanks for saving my picture

N55s are proven, but it's still not as easy to wrench on as a e30. I wish my car was less pigfat though.

Does the 2 series have the exploding turbos or is that only the 335?

N54s had a hpfp,water pump and wastegate issue. n55s just crack chargepipes when you start upping the boost.

I remember my mechanic friend saying that the new 2 series should be a more reliable BMW since it doesn't have much electronic or tech shit like it's expensive siblings. But it's still a BMW and don't expect it to be Toyota reliable.

To clarify, all m235is come with n55s.

so if you leave a n55 stock you dont have to worry about shit fucking up?

I post on the 2addicts forum and the only guys that blew anything up seems to be from factory defects in the block. There's some owners with heavily modded cars and they seem to ok. Chargepipes are super easy to replace anyways if you do crack them. Keep in mind these are fairly new cars so I'm not sure if there are going to be problems 10 years down the road.

i literally bought a 335i less than 24 hours ago
>2011 335i
checked the service record and its regularly maintained
just curious do you know if the e90 335i engine warranties apply to the n55?
i read yes and no from many places

I heard the warranty extensions only apply to n54s. You might want to check with a dealer though.

what's the problem exactly? prove you're not a memeloving fuck and tell me why it's hard to work on that car.

>reliable
>wrench on
>bmw
pick 1

nice maymay

That's exactly the car I want. E90 or E92? Automatic or manual?

I'm thinking going full Elliot mode for mine.

e90 automatic with paddle shifters
its going to be hard to find a 2011 e90 335i in manual

I'd spend extra you get the 6spd

Get an e46 instead.

What if he wants something not more than a decade old?

>Are they just as durable and reliable?

Fuck no, modern German cars are absolute shit now. The eurofag car market is so fucktarded that complex luxury cars are now literally made to be used for 3 years with the lease contract covering all possible issues, and then recycled.
Unless you're super anal about maintenance (which includes doing stuff they don't want you to do, like changing tranny oil and tuning coolant valves), research known problems and apply fixes beforehand, 100-150k km is the best you can get before the price of spare parts required becomes outrageous.

Then he shouldn't want a BMW.

>not doing extra service if you own the car

>Are they just as durable and reliable?
The E30 was neither. So dont expect it from a newer car
>Are they still relatively OK to wrench on?
Not a bit
Ill tell you what they ARE though
>slower than a corolla

>inofficially

You gotta at least attempt to know what you're taking about when you're being retarded

You might have to do stuff that will void the warranty though (like hacking the thermostat so it doesn't keep the engine dangerously close to overheating all the time to gain 0.1mpg, or relocating some stupidly placed electrics so they don't get wet)

>The E30 was neither
Have you even owned an E30? They're not Hondas or lexuses by any stretch but they're still solid cars that can withstand a fair amount of abuse.