Genesis G80 or Buick LaCrosse Thread

What would you go for?

Genesis G80 or Buick LaCrosse?

>Both have the near same price tag.
>Both can be equipped with AWD.
But the LaCrosse is FWD standard and the G80 is RWD standard.
>LaCrosse seems to be more spacious.
>G80 seems to be having more upscale interior materials.

What do you think? Which is the car you would go for if these two were your options?

Interior Compare

Shift knob compare just because yesterday people were shitting on LaCrosse's saying it's a complicated and annoying system to use. I agree but just compare these two and say which is better to you?

Rear Styling Compare.

Buick as AWD. I just don't dig Korean cars.

Is that real wood in the buick?
That interior actually looks pretty good for an American car, if it's as good in person I'd probably go with that.

Those fronts are eerily similar.

I like the g80 styling but here in Australia it doesn't come with the v8 only v6, so if the buick is v8 I'd go with it instead of the hyundai.

The Buick has a smaller V6 than the Genesis, even.

Neither. I'd get an old benz or E38 if i wanted a luxobarge.

>La Crosse

lol

Oh well fuck that then.. I think they're looking at adding a new motor to it in oz, twin turbo v6 apparently hyundai have ruled out the v8 for the Australian market but everywhere else gets it..

Just from the picture you can tell the Hyundai is better built with less panel gaps.

Look at the exposed seams on both the steering wheels. The Buick looks like it was sewn together by Stephen Hawking.

Why is America letting Korea leapfrog them?

I like the g80 back more then the buck, but the Buicks interior quality seems much better. I'd assume it'd ride just a good

buick, becouse fuck asain cars, always buy german or american

American yes just not anything GM. Their reliability track record has been atrocious.

they look the same and are both good enough for my grandfather so who cares?

Korean garbage vs American garbage marketed towards china

hmmm I guess I take the gook one

Because Koreans copy the Japanese, while americans outsource and build everything in Mexico.

Get the buick

used LS460

Why is this even a question?!!?

G80
>twin-turbo V6 and 5.0L V8 engines
>rwd and rwd-based awd
>Audi/BMW level interior quality
>0.86 g
>70-0 mph in 167 ft
>0-60 in 5 seconds flat

LaCrosse
>generic turbo 4 and 3.6 L V6
>310 hp V6 is largest engine
>fwd sedan with fwd-based awd
>interior is actually pretty decent
>0.83 g
>70-0 mph in 173 ft
>0-60 in 5.9 seconds = slower than a Camry and Accord

If Veeky Forums actually likes to drive (which i believe it does but lately this belief has been challenged) and not look like they just turned 65, they would pick the G80.

For Kek's sake the LaCrosse is a rebadged Chevy Malibu that can't brake or turn. The G80 is better in every single way. The only negative i could think of is GM shills throwing the "chink reliability" meme but that just shows they are grasping at straws

This so fucking much better than those 2 turds.

Yeah this. I'd have more pride in the Hyundai desu

I'd rather have the Buick since I trust Opel way more than Gook'yundai

>I'd have more pride in the Hyundai desu

now this is something i'd never thought i'd see

i'd rather get something else but based on looks
Buick >>>>>>>>> that other thing

>that gookdai interior

Genesis all the way. 5 liter V8, rwd. Buick is made for Chinese chinks. Korea hates the Chinese.

^this desu

I think the Buick looks better outside
and better inside
I dont really like either of the rears though

If I had to get either, I would get the Buick. But I wouldn't be too excited about it

One would easily get mistaken for a big Lexus or Audi.

One would easily get mistaken for a big Chebby Malibu.

If you're over 60 I'd go for the Buick

it doesn't matter. Yes, the Buick has a smaller 310 HP 3.6L V6 and FWD vs the Genesis' 330+ HP 3.8L V6, but the Genesis also weights more being a RWD barge.

All in all, I'd take the Buick. You Australians may still get the Buick as the new Commodore Calais or a new Caprice.

the buick is just a dressed up impala, aka utter GM shit. the Genesis is much better in almost every aspect plus its a new brand in the US and most people dont even know what the fuck it is. I say the genesis wins

>still a Hyundai
the build quality is worse than the Buick and the reliability is questionable at best.

>GM quality vs. Hyundai quality

their both equally shitty, but the genesis has better engine choices and still isnt a rebadged impala. also hyundais quality has been improving over years while GM stay the same for decades