/msg/ - Maplestory General

HAPPYVILLE EDITION

Patch Notes:
maplestory.nexon.net/news/19553/v-179-v-5th-job-patch-notes
-
READ THE PASTEBIN

pastebin.com/BAi9nL3e
-
Discord: Ask in the thread for an invite link.
-

POST YOUR IGN IN THE THREAD ALONGSIDE WHAT GUILD YOU'RE JOINING OR IT WILL BE IGNORED

>Aries
8x/4x/6x v177+ (Updates alongside GMS).
Miss me with that gay shit.
aries.elluel.net/

>GMS/EMS/JMS/KMS
EVERYONE WHO PLAYS THE OFFICIAL SERVERS IS SPREAD OUT. POST YOUR IGN AND MAYBE YOU'LL FIND SOMEONE TO PLAY WITH.

WHISPER ELYI ON REBOOT FOR A GUILD.
Waifus on Windia
Whisper ObtainBooty/Tonu on KHROA
Whisper Chow/Gaby on Bera

>Legends
2x/1x/1x/3x [Quest] v62 Nostalgia server. /msg/ approved.
maplelegends.com/

maplestory.nexon.net

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0QNAQuz2yY0
reddit.com/r/ElliniaMS/comments/5j4b21/donation_options_btc_if_the_server_updated/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

OK friends lets all hold hands and accept that we are all playing MapleStory no matter what server

I'm having fun.

royals

Does hero mobbing get better in 4th job? 3rd job has no range on anything except shout but that's on a 10s cd

It's Christmas week, happy holidays guys.

nope

no

lmao

>Try to cc for that delicious 100% burning
>Maplestory.exe has stopped working

YAMERO

you are like a little baby
watch this

nice bypass bro

it's not really that nice, could be better

>let's stop being autistic
You ask too much of us.

Tbh it's only the autistic pepe poster, most this general plays reboot and don't reply to him, it's just amusing watching how salty he is over people choosing differently than him.

Yeah but the lag is still fucking me in the ass

just wait until 2x is over

Are we forever doomed to an eternal war with /v/?

You're probably the only person in this thread that thinks we're at war with /v/.

Each patch the lag gets worse and worse. Why do I still try playing this game

Stockholm Syndrome.

Right now, I'm really digging DW's 5th job Shadow Partner. Should I just dump all my spare nodes into it?

Why does NA get the cute girl while Europe has the stinky boy?

i just want to do the questline

the HACK REASON

I didn't even know that could happen.

Yeah, we can get Elite area bosses too.

We have like two shitposters from Royals who keep flinging shit at each other here. Not what I'd call a war.

Why would I play on Reboot over any of the other servers?
Red pill me

Free cubes, and overall less p2w, but you will need to grind your ass off for mesos to buy cubes. As compared to just logging in for two hours per day to do your daily events on any other server for free cubes.

basically this, nothing affecting stats is obtainable with NX, only meso, like cubes and miracle circulators
you gotta grind a shitton or just bot

RIVETING 5TH JOB GAMEPLAY.
BRAVO NEXON, BRAVO.

How did you get 200 so fast

>keep dying at gollux eyes
This is so unfair on melee characters

how much status resist do you need

snail expired

should i pet or should i not

Tot gives a free sheep that lasts for a few days.

reboot

Tot is still there, I believe.

no

just keep doing normal hilla until the pet drops

or find someone to carry you hardmode(unlikely)

>unlikely
not if you're in reboot, post an ign and I can carry you tomorrow or someone else can probably carry you later today

How long is the vanishing journey questline? I'm doing it on a shitty v tracker mule and it takes me forever to kill one of the mobs, let alone collect 30 items from them

Just do it with others senpai

it takes a while, there's 3 parts and each one has 3 or 4 quests like that and it gets progressively harder
ask one of your buddies to carry you

night

youtube.com/watch?v=0QNAQuz2yY0

you can't mob with enraged raging blow until 170 though

Just realized most of the lag I was getting during 2x was because of loot, even if I didn't turn on pet loot. Apparently if you filter out everything client-side except for the nodestones and symbols the lag disappears.

I figured nexon just halved the pick-up rate just to cuck people without pets even harder

what do you mean filter out everything client side
like no background, no mob reaction, no spawn/death animations, no combos?

Just started a new character on Royals.

Is it worth doing quests at all or should I just be grinding?

>royals

Item filter everything except for the nodestones and symbols. Biggest contributor to lag for me was the V Boxes and the Shining Santa ones.

>240/333 elites

I can't take this anymore guys

It's so easy. Just go elite boss hunting

is it possible to complete the leafre set?

someone told me dragon rider is glitched

nope
they don't want you to complete that card set anymore because it's too good

Hey guys. Just reinstalling I haven't played in a year or two. When I quit I had a lvl 200 I/L mage. I heard 5th job advance came out. Is there anything new I should know about or do when I get on? I think when I used to play I would just go looking for those events where presents would rain from the sky or some shit and you could get cubes and stuff to sell. Has much changed?

it takes 22 hours of waiting to get to 5th job
do you still want to do it?

So why can you buy a 3 month pet on Reboot but not Perm.

?

it's the only way they make money through reboot so just fucking deal with it
they give you a server where you can get all of their features for free and you complain about a pet?

damn you guys weren't kidding, i just finished the first part, and the second part is kicking my ass i need 50 arcane and i only have 30

m-maybe i need to get carried
its a v tracker mule so no bully

I should've waited for burning to make my hero. This is just awful

Are Dawn Warriors okay for unfunded players? I'm playing a new world to party with my friends so I don't have any other characters.

>people won't buy permies on reboot.
>MFW.

If you really want to be useful then you'll make a party buff oriented class like Kanna or a Priest.

you misunderstand
retard
why give people permanent pets when they can just keep buying one every 3 months?

We already have those, but not a DPS so I'm trying to decide one.

You dumb idiot you just said they need to make money and you're acting like people don't buy perm boxes on Reboot.

Of literal waiting? Or is it a questline? I'm alrdy 200. What's the catch?

Hero here, you're not exactly going to mob so well. This is why I killed Normal Zakum twice daily.

dw is very strong these days, just keep in mind that no class will really be strong unfunded if you want to do good damage you'll need to put in lots of time and/or money to do so, whether you play a very strong or very weak class

quests are bugged af. even job advancements are bugged. just pq and grind for days. leave ign or something for an invite to the guild.

I think leveling a hero has broken me enough to take a break from maple for awhile

>level shit class.
>complain
Uh?

thief classes are for low test beta cucks

was Alola a ruse

Where do you find Lantern Erda

>reddit.com/r/ElliniaMS/comments/5j4b21/donation_options_btc_if_the_server_updated/
>The 'shady' shit comes from October, if people are still willing to donate using BTC instead of paypal, the next server will not have October.

dream is probably burnt out
people are just shit and when it's high stakes like thousands in donation money vs constant drama and complaints just dropping it and forgetting it is the only way to keep your sanity although he did remain a jew to the end by not releasing his source to the public

just let me believe in an updated server run solely by rmz after paypal monkey titan gets fired
I need it

across the bridge dude

yes

Questline with forced waiting.
Basically:
Do X, get Y
Wait 2 hours for y to finish
Wait 8 hours to do the next X and get the next Y
Repeat twice

You don't have to be logged in for either of the steps but it's still tedious as shit.

Is it possible to name a guild 'Nexon'?

I remember joining one in Scania like two years ago.

where is every1

Waiting for burning so I can make a new braindead main because lul 1000000ms ping.

GMS/EMS merge when?

this is as close as we're getting, and its the best this way.
one server hosted at europe, others at ammurica. same version and "same" community

Or have they removed the regio(a)nal block yet?

It's been gone for a while now.

Literally why I'll never spend a buck on nexon. They just cannot do things right.

Shiet, did you just say they did? MY MIND IS FUCKING BLOWN TO PIECES

Damn, I just wanted to play some maplestory.

What does /msg/ think of MrJingles?

Was he a good leader?

Royals is accepted here now?