/r6g/ Rainbow Six General

Christmas Spirit Edtion

>/r6g/ FAQ, Guide, and Links (Newfriends, read this!)
pastebin.com/Wi0PwtYw

>/r6g/ OP Pastebin & Groups
pastebin.com/gWcgwQyJ
Steam: steamcommunity.com/groups/R6GO
PS4: Add dazint8
Xbone: Add IMadSpykeI

>/r6g/ Drawfriend Galleries
r6gdrawfriends.booru.org/
imgur.com/a/rVmZG

>Teamspeak for /r6g/ operations
OperatorOperations.teamspeak.host
The password is: Operations
IP address: 159.203.29.41:9988

>Official News & Known Issues
Year 2 has been confirmed. New CTU's will be Spain, Hong Kong, Poland, and South Korea.
rainbow6.ubi.com/siege/en-GB/news/detail.aspx?c=tcm:154-275000-16&ct=tcm:148-76770-32
Season 4 - Operation Red Crow is out. Patch 5.2 - Mid Season Reinforcements Live.
youtube.com/watch?v=12hNVzz4CYY
rainbow6.ubi.com/siege/en-us/updates/redcrow/index.aspx
rainbow6.ubi.com/siege/en-GB/updates/redcrow/reinforcements.aspx
forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1535236-Patch-Notes-Update-5-2-Red-Crow-Mid-Season-Reinforcements
forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1332624-Top-Priorities-and-Known-Issues-Updated-11-21-2016

Other urls found in this thread:

dota2.com/700/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Page 10 already?

Second for Acog vignette mockup
Again, I know, but give me actual criticism this time.

>we'll never get a christmas elite Sledge skin where he swings around a giant candy cane

OP made the thread an hour ago for some reason

xth for K11

FOOKIN

>broken "embed" buttons
>someone else had to link to the new thread
>no link to previous thread

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

DO IT RIGHT

THERE'S AN OP PASTEBIN LINK FOR A REASON, SO YOU CAN JUST COPYPASTE FROM THERE

AND NO LINK TO PREVIOUS THREAD TO TOP IT OFF

IF YOU'RE GOING TO MAKE THE NEW OP PLEASE LEARN HOW TO DO IT BEFOREHAND JEEZ IT AINT THAT HARD

JUST USE THE PASTEBIN THAT'S WHAT IT'S FOR

Have you considered that the very reason why it wasn't linked in the other thread was because he fucked up and didn't want this thread to be used?
You can't delete threads on Veeky Forums, you know.

calm down. have some dip.
i agree though, please learn2OP, OP

nth for OP is a dumbass newfag redditor

Choked Defeat:

>doesn't make a new thread
>lets someone else makes it
>they make a mistake
>OMG FUCKING FAGGOT MESSED UP
do it yourself next time maybe? or is your brain damage too strong?

>how's this for a six inch blade?
>*gulp* t-that's not six inches, is it?
>Mhm. Six inches...thick.

He made it an hour early, people tend to respect the first OP rule is all

>He thinks it's the same person making them every time
I literally just fucking got here m8.
I expect nothing and I'm still disappointed.

hey OP you're a dumbass

Alright alright. Settle down. They'll get it right next time.

Post dream future patch notes.

perhaps it would be better if the entire surrounding area was blurred rather than having vignette, but imo the issue can't be changed with visual tweaks. The DMR rule sounds like a better deal, and would certainly give players a trade-off with their playstyles, while giving the other sights a chance to shine on automatic rifles/SMG's.

>makes a mistake
>hurr durr no one else would make it so why don't you step up to the plate
This is why I never make threads OP. And also why you shouldn't either.

>it's another "let's make a map with a great interior that people will never see because they'll spend half the round on windows or get immediately spawnkilled" seasonal re-run

Does the Teamspeak server welcome people with 200 ping from shit countries?

Close moments in Siege?

I know you want this, but this is never ever going to happen

I mean, as long as you can speak english I don't see why not
Some people might be a bit touchy about playing ranked with you if you get a lot of connection errors, but you should be a-okay for casual at least

I want it to be revealed that the reason certain issues haven't been changed and the reason it feels like a skeleton crew is because the majority of devs have been working on moving the game to a new proprietary engine built exclusively for R6:Siege.
I would also like them to retire tachanka and offer a fledgling spetsnaz operator codenamed Krokodil whose ability might have something to do with acid.
I want ACOG's moved to exclude automatic rifles and smg's, only fitting on DMR's and giving Glaz his old recoil and an ENVG scope

where are you from?

t. a guy with 200 ping from a shit country

I know you're worked on this idea for a while
But honestly I don't think it's a good idea

If any nerf were to happen to ACOGs, I feel like it should be removing them from all non-DMR weapons. But that's never going to happen

They could try to improve the 1x sights to make them more appealing instead, but the zoom advantage that Acogs give you is just hard to pass up on most of the time, it hardly comes down to a matter of preference, and very rarely ever ends up being a situational choice.
If you think a visual change wouldn't be significant enough though, what if movement while aimed with an Acog had a slight acceleration to make jiggle peeking with them less powerful?

>implying the devs would let you turn a balancing factor off
>you can't turn off Echo's stun effect
Don't be dumb now

Yeah you're probably right, but there's no harm in playing with the idea. Close to 0% chance of it happening if no one puts it out there, but probably higher than that if it at least gets mentioned.

This. All the artificial vision game-y garbage needs to go and stay go.

I'm looking at you Caveira stealth walk green huehue tint.

That's fine by me, I don't play Ranked much, seeing how I have pretty poor map awareness no matter how much I play. Thanks dude.

Pls no hate.
Brazil

Yeah I've never been a fan of vision overlays
Just show me the unaltered picture, my eyes will obviously concentrate on the scope while my peripheral sight in real life can actually identify targets while looking at the scope

Don't worry, we already have a resident BR on the TS so you're fine

Like you said, there isn't much that could be done to 1x sights to make them stand out against a 3x(?) magnified scope, and the movement tweak you suggested seems like it would end up being so unwieldy that people would drop ACOG entirely but maybe that's for the best

Hey /k/-friends

What games actually get optics RIGHT?

I feel like I see you complain about Siege's all the time, and I'd really like to try out a game that actually does them right, for reference.

Do they seriously have siege threads on /k/

that sounds terrible

I don't know if they do, I'm appealing to the /k/-friends that come visit this general

The green tint has cost me a round before because I genuinely couldn't see someone against a black wall on the edge of my screen through the dumb fucking hue change.

>acog op ubi pls nerf
I'm so glad Ubi doesn't care about /r6g/ crybabies.

but they do care about reddit crybabies. Expect a nerf soon.

I don't complain about it being OP, I complain about the other optics being worse in every way with no real reason to use them

It's the same reason I complain about the Vertical Grip - there's no reason NOT to use the damn thing, so there's no interesting choice to be made. Angled Grip is shit and doesn't make a lick of difference, and should only be equipped when there's no other option

All I'm asking for is for options to actually be interesting mane

*esport crybabies

Which map are you talking about

hmm I wonder which map was released last

Is Caveira any fun to use? How effective is the sneaking?

It's not an effect meant to emulate realism.
The whole point of the effect is to make Acogs less viable as all-around sights, and more focused on holding angles or peeking precise areas rather than being fine for quick CQB reaction shots too.
I don't know if there's a way to do this without it being clunky, ugly, or just no longer fun for Acog users (which I actually do care about, I'm not anti-acog by any means) but I still wish there was more balance between them all.
If they won't do any of this, I'd at least like some more variety in 2.5x sights like I said last thread.

>crying
>OP
Learn to read dude, no one's crying, and nobody here is saying it's OP.

Requires you to have perfect map knowledge.
If you have to ask "is X good?" then you're obviously not at the point yet of having perfect knowledge of things. No offense.
Roam on Jäger or Valk instead.

If its barlett i always enter the building a bit further away from the objective and fight my way to it

THAT GUY time

Thinks House is a good map and it's his favourite
Thinks Jäger weapons are terrible
Brings Smoke Grenades whenever possible
Bobs left and right when pushing with Montaigne with teammates behind him
Refuses to play Castle or Capitao because actual stormfag
Doesn't use acogs ever
Doesn't think there's really anything bad about Ubisoft
Doesn't really care where he fortifies
Goes as far as risking team damage to kill drones

She's solely designed around fun. She's not a very competitive operator in high level play, but she's fun.

Her sneaking is effective but she really struggles against teams that have a semblance of teamwork, because there won't be lone wolves when they ID a Cav on the field, so you won't be able to get any interrogations off, in which case you're better off as another roamer.

A dead Cav that failed at her mission is dead weight
A dead Jager that failed at his mission still is useful to the team because of his ADS placement
A dead Valkyrie that failed at her mission still is useful for her cameras

etc.

>codename krokodil
a Russian ambush operator would be cool to see. Make him faster to differentiate him from his SlugOp comrades.

Dream patch notes :
>lighting FIXED (for realz this time)
>new spawns that limit spawnpeeking ability
>Quick arena flythroughs introduced to replace static loading image
>only valk is able to ping on her cams
>a wizard has been put under the employ of Ubisoft, he casts a spell to make latency 1:1, effectively removing peeker's advantage

>He doesn't bring Smoke Grenades when the other gadgets like claymores are covered
This one's you being retarded my guy

If I don't see this at least 3 times a day I'm not playing Siege.

Quite a misinterpration of what I said, but I guess I wasn't exactly clear.

He picks smoke grenade over ANY other gadget ALWAYS.

I feel like this game would skyrocket into stardom if they would just fix Uplay, or scrap it, but of fucking course they're not going to scrap it at this stage of the race

>this guy gets it
Angled grip buff/more grips when?

I've never seen matchmaking be so fucked up than before tonight. Every match I've been matched with the bottom of the barrel copper/bronze shitters and very low levels, while I'm the only high level (and decent) player on the team. On the upside the other team is usually the same kind of makeup, except one or two average players.

The things I've seen tonight:

Plenty of people using controllers
Defenders not contesting the objective in time
Reinforcing kids room on House
People not knowing what their operator does
People ignoring callouts or requests for breaching/gadgets
Nobody roaming ever
Nobody spawnpeeking ever

I'm now a firm believer that the new casual hidden MMR is not working as it's intended. I think I somehow ended up in the shitter pools despite carrying every single game, which is even stranger as I play casual almost exclusively and should have a low uncertainty to where I should be. The previous system based on clearance level was much better than this.

Say it with me: BAN THAT ASH

What Ash? There's no like Ash there.

Whats the other option? Breaching charges?
Come on, m8

Duct-tape mags and extended mags when? It would be simple implementing them.
>Extended mags
>slower reload speed
>Duct-taped mags
>first reload is faster than original, but second reload is slower than original

Now you're misinterpreting
You should take at least one claymore for example

>siege would be really great without ubisoft
yeah

literally all of siege's problems are ubisoft related

Shut the fuck up you retarded autists. You're the fucking cancer that spoil generals

Realistically speaking, who would you give Siege to then?
EA? Origin is just as garbage as uPlay, Season Pass now costs $50.
Valve? Steamworks is better than both uPlay and Origin servers but now all skins are random drops from loot boxes that you have to open with keys.

No, we're the people that make sure generals have a semblance of quality control, ya dunce.

Damn, I must be THAT guy, then. I've never taken claymores and always opt for smokes.
Of course if you haven't spent all your canisters by round end then you're definitely using them incorrectly.

Respawn

KojimaPro, who else?

but realistically I think Creative Assembly would do a fine job here.

Operation MUH

>never taken claymores
But...why
In many places they're either 99% guaranteed kills or at least offer peace of mind/loud warning that someone's creeping up on your flank

For example, attacking 2F Bedroom of Oregon is fucking suicidal without a claymore placed by the 1F Office (small tower) door. If you don't have a claymore there, you need to dedicate a player to be watching that hallway fulltime for flanks which is a huge waste, or just plain risk getting aced by a roamer.

>stupidly jump out of window at obvious claymore
>fall onto thermite and trigger it
>kills him but only downs me

Respawn is owned by EA, so see my line about EA.

You'd trust someone who's never made a shooter with Siege?

Take it a step further even
>Barrel types
>Extended barrel gets moved to this category
>Lightweight/ported barrel
>Faster movement while aiming but higher recoil

>tfw legion is currently being fucked over by ion
It hurts
i cant decide if i like scorch or legion more

Yes but Origin compared to uplay and steam is in the middle since origin is way better than uplay

Titanfall 2 has free DLC

Cosmetics are way cheaper than sieges

Though their servers and balancing is meh

Speaking of attachment balance, why don't they just fucking remove the damage debuff from suppressors? The fact that you would be missing out on the recoil reductions of the other 3 possible muzzle attachments would be a big enough reason to not use them for a lot of guns/situations.

CA had only done RTS games before Alien: Isolation, which IMO easily stands out from games like outlast and Amnesia as a horror game. They have smart, talented people there, I can be confident that if they took the project then they would devote themselves to making it a remarkable piece of work. Besides, this is hypothetical, right? A strategy game developer making a strategic, tactical shooter? Yes, please.

I find smokes have more applications, like you said I ask a man to cover the rear most of the time. I've never even thought of roamers coming around to the office but I usually take the eastern route as coming straight from the western window has gotten me killed more often.

reposting OC from last thread

It's pretty weird i'm lvl 170 and get matched with 1 lvl 100 on the enemy team and the rest is sub lvl 80, on my team i have one guy that is around lvl 20 and the other are around lvl 50

One day I'll have a non-shit monitor resolution so I can more easily pick out the opposition through a kill hole across the room.

I know a ton of people just didn't play during season 2 which probably explains why everyone is under 150. Myself and my friends completely skipped season 1 and 2 and got back into it during the mid-season patch for 3

>FPS is stable 60+ on literally any map
>some maps I can pretty much maintain a stable 90+ on, like consulate
>but not favela
>favela fucking rapes my FPS down to 40~ in any of the outside areas except the roof
why

Gives you the authentic Brazilian experience.

I have 100+ hours in casual, and was thinking I would give ranked a try. Thoughts?

Don't get randomly banned on your second game of ranked like me.

>now all skins are random drops from loot boxes that you have to open with keys
>all gameplay and matchmaking issues fixed
>cosmetics are more jewy
this isn't a hard decision

Then how about this
>Valve randomly patches an element of the game for no reason that no one in the community asked for

Examples
>randomly give all weapons new sounds in CSGO
>added sound to each weapon when it's low on ammo that can be heard by anyone, your enemies know when you're about to reload
>first shot made to be not 100% accurate even on AK
>randomly add new weapons that completely fuck the game balance completely until nerfed into uselessness (R8)

They completely ruined Dota 2 so fuck valve

That's on Icefrog though, not Valve.
Icefrog has free creative ability over Dota 2.

don't remind me user

i haven't played dota in over a year now, wanted to come back and saw that 7.00 happened

>tfw you'll never play real dota ever again

do it faggot

>When you manage to kill someone with the shock drone

What happened in 7.0?
I haven't played dota in forever but I'm curious to know what train wreck happened to it

Valve encourages retards though with their jew tactics.

>battle passes
>arcana events
>quests

So many games ruined because some faggot thought he just had to show the whole world where his $30 went.

what they really need is a team that actually plays the game and doesn't just balance based around reddit and a pro league sample
or better yet, make a game with more generic, fully customizable operators that don't have super flashy abilities, making the game much easier to balance around, and much more fun for the player, who now has control over what their character looks like, what weapons they use, etc.

Simply put, it's not Dota anymore. Read the logs yourself and you'll see the damage.

dota2.com/700/

>Introduce new DLC operators in the same order as last time so we could have four man CTUs now.

Updated the shit out of Dota: new terrain, new hero, new aghanims upgrades, and more. There's some stupid balance issues though, like some new things called shrines that heal you almost completely. They're located in the jungles. Oh yeah, and jungles got changed a lot.

Honestly, it wouldn't be a bad patch, but Valve being Valve decided "Hmmm what's the best way to ruin fucking everything? Oh I know I'll change the HUD so it not only looks ugly and like it was made in mspaint by an intern, but it keeps bugging out, hides most of the useful information, AND the scoreboard takes up half the screen. Oh what's that Mr. Newell? You want us to take the perfectly-as-it-is Shop and fuck it up? Say no more!"

And there's some bugs like can't click on the minimap sometimes, etc. It's a very bad case of doing something nobody asked for.