The most important things to invest in for a successful life:

The most important things to invest in for a successful life:

>Health and fitness
Investing in your appearance makes your life much better. Anyone can be attractive, and when you are life becomes easy mode.

>Mental health
Learn to be happy with yourself. Grow your friendships and invest in relationships and your family. If you aren't happy, then what's the point?

>Social Skills
Learning how to communicate well will result in more people trying to help you.

>Learn new skills and make new hobbies
Just don't be retarded

Honestly that's pretty much it. Life has a way of working out. Just learn how to sell yourself and take opportunities when they come.

Ok

>learn

>learn

>learn

okay but how

it's like you're saying "do well and your life will be great"
yeah but how

If you can't answer those questions on your own, you're doomed.
Good luck, struggler.

You don't know how to learn new skills? You literaly just do them and practice something until you get better. That applies to literally anything. If you don't know how to improve on those aspects of your life you're not gonna make it.

It's pretty simple dude.

>wanna learn a language?
Read a tutorial book, do online shit, and practice

>wanna learn an instrument?
Read a tutorial book, practice

>wanna learn how to invest in stocks?
Read a tutorial book, look online, maybe get help from someone who already knows how, and practice

>Wanna get better at combination?
Communicate more

>Wanna look more attractive?
Eat better, lift, and run

Literally that simple. The truth is, I AM saying do well and your life will be great. You just need to at least put a minimal amount of effort in and the rest will follow.

> getting jacked
> raging boners
> a big bank account

actually pretty accurate

>Learn to be happy with yourself.
But I'm unsure if I picked the right career path/major. How do I decide? I'm working on all the other stuff to achieve happiness (health, hobbies, social skills) but I'm constantly worrying and pondering wether I picked the right path.
Thoughts?

You overuse the work "literally" to the point of it making you vocabulary seem extremely limited.

My 5 life rules I learned from my family. We have 3 different business in our family, a doctor, and a few wagecuck managers.

1) Stay healthy. You don't have to get a swole Veeky Forums meme body, but work out and don't become a fat fuck.

2) Have an /out/ hobby that gets you away from your routine life for a weekend once or twice a month. Fishing, camping, hiking, etc.

3) Never stop learning. Read books. Learn languages. Attend seminars on things you're interested in. Don't just spend your free time watching "reality" TV and doing nothing.

4) Take pride in your appearance. Even if you're ugly as fuck, balding, or whatever, wear nice clothes, keep your hair professionally cut, etc.

5) Save first, spend what's left. 99% of people budget their expenses first, then save whatever is left. You should be doing the opposite. Save first, and budget expenses after. If you can't afford to live your wanted lifestyle, then make more modest goals until you get a better job.

This is nice advice. I'm working on 1) and 2) and I already do 3) and 4).
Can you help me with my struggle explained in ? You seem to have some experience and knowledge to give.

Basically if you chose a major because Google says it pays X, you done already fucked up.

Having a degree is like 25% of the work in getting a job. If you get a finance or economics degree but have no sales/social skills, you're degree is virtually useless.

I saw another post on this board that kind of sums things up. Let me find it and copy and paste.

The first thing we need to do is forget all that shit our parents and teachers told us about how we could be anything we wanted to be. That may have been somewhat true for boomers, but assuming most of us are millennials it isn't true for us. Our ambitions need to be tempered.

Anything to do with healthcare is a pretty good choice. Most people aren't smart enough to be doctors, but you don't need to be a genius to become a nurse, medical technician (lab tech, xray, etc), or paramedic. These are solid middle class jobs, the training is relatively easy, and they are in demand.

Engineering has become a bit of a meme. If you're autistic enough to get through a university engineering program then you probably don't have the people skills or connections to weasel your way into a P.Eng position. Only a few people can realistically get those jobs. Aim lower and get a diploma in engineering technology. Good earning potential, high demand, although not as prestigious as university engineering.

Business is best left to people with connections or who are naturally entrepreneurial. If this isn't you but you are desperate to work in the business world then you should consider accounting. It's a boring job for boring and unambitious people but it's in demand and it will pay the bills.

Law is over saturated. The smartest people who nonetheless fell for the liberal arts meme are all going to law school. Don't get into this unless you are truly dedicated to the practice of law and/or have connections in the legal industry.

>paramedic
>easy training
Lol. They also make like $18 an hour.

Your whole paragraph on engineering is ridiculous. You don't need people skills to become a P.Eng. if you want to be an engineering manager or project engineer you will need people skills. Some P.Engs in my office never leave their cubicles.

>That may have been somewhat true for boomers
You missed the important part.
>if you work hard enough at it.
It's just as true for you as it was for boomers.
You just haven't yet begun to understand how long and how hard you may need to work.

So that said.

What are your intangible skills and talents? Sure you can learn to become more sociable and such, but unless you're naturally that type of person you really won't ever have the intangibles and drive to really succeed.

Just be modest. Happiness isn't about money. It's about security. Sure being rich can rent women and the lavish lifestyle, but that flame dies out quickly. Why do you think actual successful and wealthy people aren't out partying and fucking models, like the 5-10 year celebs are doing?

Find out what your personal interests are. Your hobbies. Your passions. Then find out what your employable skills are. Not everybody can turn their passion into a career. It's a bonus, but you should really be searching for a career path that you know you can modestly attain while making enough money to be happy in your life. If you have modest inexpensive hobbies, then becoming a doctor or a banker just for the money won't make you any happier. I personally enjoy fishing and watching sports. That's about it. I don't need a six figure job to attain that. I make ~$45K a year working at a bank 30 hours a week and spend almost every evening fishing and the weekends watching sports. During the Summer I take my boat out on weekends. I don't need much else. I don't need to be a millionaire and drive a fancy car to impress some strangers on the internet or a bunch or materialistic slutty women. Once people on this board who think like that become an adult and mature, they will realize how much of a meme that is. Those people who are billionaires and millionaire business owners didn't have the mind set that these kids on Veeky Forums have. They had it in their blood. They were born with it. They didn't need to acquire the skills through college or whatever else Veeky Forums thinks you need to become successful. It's just what they were destined to achieve. You can't force that with a college degree or main motivation is to impress women.

You're implying somebody wants to be a lower level wagecuck their entire life. If you aren't interested in management or becoming self employed, then you picked the wrong career field. People don't just become plumbers to make $14/hour their entire lives. They do so because they wanted to start their own company or become a contractor. If you see any blue collar worker over 40 that's still employed by somebody else and isn't running their own show or at least an independent contractor, then they are the wrong example you should be looking up to.

Hey, thanks for the answers! I will try to give a little more info and reply to the important parts.
Currently I'm studying aerospace engineering (first semester, volunteer year before that) because I'm interested in technology/electronics and especially aeronautics. My dream job and the reason why I picked this major is working at e.g. Esa and be part of a space mission as an engineer. I get excited by the image and that lead me to choosing aerospace engineering. I also applied for economics at one of the top 3 business/economic schools of my country and got accepted.

No idea really why I picked engineering, I guess I "listened to my heart". It just felt more right. Now reality has hit me and a few things make me regret my choice:
The city is ugly and boring, the university is ugly and a place I already hate too. This is both not the most important thing but I guess it has some weight. I have to commute about 1,5 hours every day to get there (still live at home) and another 1,5 hours to get home. The current classes are kind of boring but I think everyone feels like this. The interesting stuff will be in the master.

>1633015
I wouldn't consider myself completely autistic but I'm maybe a bit social akward. On the other hand I can read people well and somehow get along with most people I meet.

That's a good post. I'm scared that I will hate my engineering job even if I get to work in the space field. And let's be honest, getting into Esa is not easy. Very competetive, just like the whole aerospace field. Many "end up" in the car or energy industry. Overall I really feel like I fell for a meme and will probably do some shitty office engineering job I will hate.
To get a step into the business world would be my goal if I decide to quit and go for economics. It sounds exciting, well paying and just like an overall good experience. It seems to fit to my lifestyle and wouldn't piss me off to do every day.
1/2

I feel like I am ambitious enough but who doesn't really. In case I wont make it I would still be content with a "boring" accounting job I guess. Also maybe something involving programming since I enjoy the CS classes in my current major.

>What are your intangible skills and talents?
This has always been a hard question to answer. If I judge from what I was good at in school it would be writing since I always had an A in all language and history classes. Also analysing things because politics & economics was my second best class. It's hard to talk about my own talents but maybe I should ask other at what I was good at. I do feel the drive to succeed you mention though.
What would you say are usefull talents to have in e.g. the finance/business world?

>Not everybody can turn their passion into a career.
This is exactly how I feel about my current major. Should I just pursue aerospace as a hobby? I feel like I'm not meant to become an engineer.

Otherwise your advice is good. Your life sounds comfortable and calm, similiar to what I want to achieve.
What would you suggest for me to do? I feel pretty lost right now. But thanks again for taking your time and sorry for the wall of text. Don't have anyone I could talk about this right now so I'm glad you have an open ear.

I only used it three times, I get your point though. It was to make a point, and I was a little drunk.

your a retard