What is typically better around a track? American or Japanese?

What is typically better around a track? American or Japanese?

i.e. newer camaro vs new civic, or miata vs mustand or something? Any sources to back up claims would be appreciated

Other urls found in this thread:

ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10416
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Japs are better around a track because they aren't straight.

well this should tell you

look up and see if there are any spec camaro racing or spec mustang racing, see how popular that is compared to spec miata racing? Theres a reason miata spec racing is popular.

Miata is cheaper and way more fun to throw around a track than it is in a muscle car.

that being said, Muscle cars have their pros as well, especially on a drag strip but thats pretty much it.

The only "pro" muscle cars have on the drag strip is a solid rear axle
Their pigfat chassis and choked boat anchor engines are of no benefit for acceleration

but if a couldnt afford a gt or a ss I would take the miata or one of the slowmobiles.

>What is typically better around a track?
depends on the track.
Also "better" may be subjective. I personally enjoy light and grippy. The mx5 also feels a bit mroe connected that than the two mustangs (SN95, fifth gen) I've driven.

>tested two nearly-identical cars
But why?

The brz is happy and the frs is angry that a huge difference.

well, it does show that .5~1 seconds don't really mean much in these comparisons. Sure it's a great difference in a race, but in these comparisons could easily be inconsistency in the driver.

Depends almost entirely on what kind of track you're talking about, dumbo.

Britain
Britain
Germany
Italy
Chinese
Japan
Germany
Germany
USA
Germany

Well, it seems like europe is the best then.

The FRS like to go places. Love is what makes the BRZ a Subaru.

Americans really stepped up their game in the recent years with the stock cars. z06s, hellcats, gt350s shit like that are really good cars on the track now. Just a mere decade ago the only thing these kind of cars were good for was highway pulls

FUCKING BENCHRACERS

depends how small the track is

>Theres a reason miata spec racing is popular.

Probably because the cars are dirt cheap and you could build a death star out of them, blow em up and still have enough for every enthusiast on earth. basically the same reason LS engines are so popular in NA and Australia or any other place where they're plentiful and there are no displacement taxes. You'd be insane to build a budget track car and not go for a miata for a couple thousand.

>that being said, Muscle cars have their pros as well
Such as being able to go against sports cars like the M4/Caymen GT4 or against sports cars and super cars in GT4/GT3 but other than that yea just drag racing although i was told the challenger/Charger is indeed the last "Muscle" car.

I own a miata lad and have taken on track at Lime Rock Park multiple times.

I think you are the benchracer here bub

genesis coupé sounds like it needs changes to the transmission and brakes
ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10416

Depends on the track, A vee-ait will be quicker around a speedway, but a miata will be quicker around twisties.