APOLOGIZE

APOLOGIZE

that's a pretty hot car

what are we apologizing for?

Why can't chevy make a fucking car that doesn't overheat when used as it was intended?

Seriously whats the point of a race-sports car if it can't perform like one

That and hundreds of hundreds of HP and it is shit compared to other cars with far less HP. Are american cars such shit that they're ONLY good in straight lines? Why can't they have good suspension with a low center of gravity that would give it good ability to actually race in anything NOT a straight line

Okay, I agree with your overheating argument but the new vettes are insane in a corner.

Yea the second half of my post was about american cars in general. If your mustang isn't a GT350 its not going to be cornering very well at all without assistance. The factory suspension is shit. Another problem I notice is they all have extremely big engines with lots of HP but nothing they can do with it. It seems that foreign cars do way more with way less

except its been mostly the opposite of that the last couple of years. American cars have been getting beat in 1/4 mile times but winning on the track

I dunno man, camaros and challengers aren't exactly fast around the track compared to foreign equivalents

btfo

the camaro does just fine

the challenger isnt "turn fast" focused, its just a big, rwd, v8, comfy cruiser

This is sort of what I mean.

the nismo competes readily with the camaro, smaller engine, less HP, 2 less cylinders. 40% less torque, 25% less HP

Why is it that the american cars have to make so much more of every paper stat just to beat by 3 seconds?

>370 Nismo competes with

But it doesn't, it's significantly slower. Compare it to the Camaro V6 1LE. The Nismo is still slower.

Not really, its not proportional on any gradient. It has to produce a significant amount more power, torque with a bigger engine just to beat by a mere 3 seconds. 3 seconds on this track could be a mere 300ft its really not much in the long run. The camaro is wildly inefficient compared to the nismo. Per mile, the nismo is doing much more with much less. I'm not talking about MPG's or any shit. You'd think 40% MORE torque would lead to it being more 1:1 faster but seriously over 100 more HP and way more torque and all you get is 3 seconds?

Its not even that much more heavy, 284lbs heavier is like having a fat guy in your passenger seat.

You say all this. While the 370z nismo is more expensive than the Camaro.

So you end up paying MORE for a car that takes nearly a second slower to get to 60, a slower 1/4 mile time, and a slower track time.

What foreign equivalents?

never

>While the 370z nismo is more expensive than the Camaro.
thats not what I was comparing. Thats largely irrelevant. I'm talking about equivocal cars with similar engines, torques, power, everything. Are there any american 6 cylinder 3.5-4L engines, similar torque etc save for fringe things like a few HP here and there. You simply don't. It simply goes to show how bigger numbers aren't inherently better for the efficiency per HP.

If the nismo had an engine with similar displacement and cylinders, power and torque it'd fair even better because these results are so close. What I said initially was how the nismo is doing more with less

Except the Nismo is clearly doing less with less, and it's more expensive for less on top of that.

Thats not what I meant. The large increase in power, engine size, torque is not making proportional or efficient gains. Its diminishing returns how much easier can I make it for you?

>user who always posts facebook posts in mexican
top kek

then how can the camaro with a v4 still keep up with the 370z?

Nigga they aren't even close. 3 seconds is a huge difference in such a shirt track

>v4

Wat

pls i'm tired

>just to beat by 3 seconds

3 seconds is a long time in the racing world

I'm still not a fan of the c7s. I understand the c7s are supposed to appeal to non vett owners, but I still don't like the style. If the c8s can go back to the original vett look and bring back the flip up headlights, then I may buy one. Until then my c5 is fine.

So you're telling me that a 2009 car is slower than a 2015 car? Whaaaat? This is impossible!

The Z34 is older than the last gen Camaro by 1 year and was faster. You're comparing a car with less power but a new 2015 platform against one that is 7 years old around a track. Let's take a wild fucking guess as to which one's faster.

>such a short track
for an average 70mph, 3 seconds is literally 300 feet, thats nothing

Is this APOLOGIZE bullshit on every board? Or is it just /o and /pol that get these?

it's also on /sp/ but /sp/ is also a huge fucking meme-fest. Not on Veeky Forums or Veeky Forums but I haven't been on those boards for over a year.

>300 feet, thats nothing
that's 21 370z car lengths
or 1 football field
sorry but your rice burner wasn't close

/v/ and /sp/ are infested with it.

i mean, I can put a 2009 RS (that has less power also) against the 370z, and the nismo still cant outright beat it

let alone the new 2016 RS

>Why can't chevy make a fucking car that doesn't overheat when used as it was intended?
It's just marketing man. Americans have a hardon for V8s and big horsepower numbers. Instead of GM actually making a car that meets the specs it has on paper, they worked around it.

GM is fucking garbage and i can't wait for them to die out. Same with FCA. I'll never buy an american car, but at least ford somewhat has their shit together.

American cars are turds

>inline 5
huh

Some idiot engineer put the cat next to the oil cooler. Simple fix but absolutely idiotic to have from the factory regardless.

GM should apologize for making such a shitty car

Yeah, wtf GM? Apologize, now!!
This car is shit and always will be!

Because cornering isn't about horsepower or how many cylinders you have twat face. It's about Geometry and grip.

>only 3 seconds

in the racing world 3 seconds is an eternity. if 2 cars were traveling at only100 miles an hour and one was 3 seconds behind that would be a distance of 440 feet or an average of 25-30 car lengths.

>it's real