I might be getting pick related

I might be getting pick related.

What does Veeky Forums think about this car?

Is it worth my money and time to get one?

1991 300zx

Other urls found in this thread:

lojkits.com/collections/nissan-300zx-basic-swap-kits
yiflix.com/video-download/tq3x2bfPwqbWxbs/how_to_change_spark_plugs_in_a_twin_turbo_300zx.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

if it isn't TT then no
enjoy the cramped engine bay and 90s nissan reliability (lol)

slow
fat
bad mpg
overpriced
not fun to work on
parts are hard to find and overpriced

Only reason to own one is they look cool to a tiny tiny niche of people who like early 90s japcars.

not only are the vg30s crammed in there with no space to work on, they are mediocre engines. i always liked the way the z32s looked, but your best off buying a shell and putting in a better engine.

Good luck pulling the engine to replace anything that isn't an oil change on that fucking thing

>you have to pull the engine to change spark plugs

c-c-come guys you're scaring me.

lojkits.com/collections/nissan-300zx-basic-swap-kits

Its not even hard to work on, seriously. It's obviously not going to be as easy to work on compared to your boyfriend's miata

they have like 230 horsepower in NA form. for a car just a little over 3000 that isn't bad at all.

200 horsepower may not seem like much but it's definitely the cutoff. You may not be racing new Corvettes with it but you'll have plenty of fun.

Whatever you expect it to be it's not.
300ZX are pure grand tourers, they aren't happy off the line or at home in the hairpins.
TT are best but a good example runs you ~10-14k easily
NA is nice if you plan on making it a project but still a bit expensive.
It's a niche car and unlike the 3000GT VR4 it doesn't have many cool gadgets to justify it to the average enthusiast.
I personally am in love with them, and plan on owning one in the near future

ah yes, pulling the engine to change spark plugs isn't even hard work

>he regurgitates memes without actually doing research

fuck off shill, maybe if you're a skinny aids patient you can cram your little winky arms

Try 222 to the crank

Literally as fast as a v6 new edge mustang

thought the v6 had a lot less than that. I thought 4.6 was around 230ish.

show me a video that shows someone changing the spark plugs without pulling the engine you fucking shill

yiflix.com/video-download/tq3x2bfPwqbWxbs/how_to_change_spark_plugs_in_a_twin_turbo_300zx.html

Try Google next time faggots

Pull the coil packs you mean

>parts are hard to find and overpriced
>not fun to work on
>you have to pull the engine to change spark plugs
Were they trying to make a fancy german car without the germam badge?

ooh 'grats on doing 'spark plugs', i am sure these engines are not prone to wiring harshness and ecu problems at all

That has nothing to do with your original claim, that the engine had to removed to change spark plugs. I also never made any claims about their wiring or ecu reliability.

Keep moving goalposts

>inb4 shill

Do you even wrench? Changing the spark plugs is not hard on them. More work than shit box assuming you don't take it to your dealer, but not an engine pull.
>I've owned 2

i am not bashing the car/chassis at all, just be honest with yourself -- the v30s are not good engines and have issues. you are better off swapping them out that's all, gayboy

Well then why didn't you say that? Why did you make that claim about spark plugs?

IF MAINTAINED, these engines are great. Just like any other that are maintained well. The VG30DE(TT) can easily handle 600 HP on stock internals.

i am not going to retract my statement on how hard the stock engines are to work on so die

>600 hp
congratulations you can have a working engine for a few days before it blows

You really don't do research, do you

>i am not going to retract my statement on how hard the stock engines are to work on so die

I'm not saying that they aren't hard to work on, I'm just saying you're wrong for claiming that you have to pull the engine to change the spark plugs

Owned a TT and it was a total money pit.

Anyone saying most work besides basic maintenance requires pulling the engine is correct. Had a shop replace the turbos and some other shit.
>When I went in to check on it my engine was sitting on the ground

>Niche market
They are almost impossible to resell
>unless you want to sell it for almost nothing.

Be me: Z car enthusiast
Also be poor
Longingly gaze upon the 300ZX TT as I grow up
But can only afford a rustbucket 280Z

Drive 280Z until it practically rusts into 2 large chunks held together with shitty Bondo work

Years later, see a 300ZX TT at a used car dealership and think now that I'm no longer poor I can buy one for fun.

I pulled in and took it on a test drive. I drove it for an hour, took it back to the dealer, handed them the keys and never looked back. What a pigfat, slow, shittily built hunk of shit.

That 280Z I had was 100x more fun.

And you idiots wonder why we call you scum