VW

Anyone here own a VW manufactured in the last 10 years or so? How's it treating you?

Forgot to type my response kek it's been a long day.

Mine has been wonderful, it's a 2016 GTI and it's been nothing but splendid. It handles well, stock acceleration is nice, and the interior is comfy af. Only issues it's given me in the 10,000miles I've owned it is the infotainment center having a few bugs here and there and the clutch pedal is squeaky when it's cold.

I beat the absolute shit out of it as I deliver pizza in it on my off days.. It sees redline everyday multiple times a day.

Great cars, nice and comfy for their price range. I just fucking hate the amount of torx screws that are one these kek.

had an 05 Golf til it was wrecked two years ago, currently own a 12 Jetta

I never had an issue with the Golf, fun to drive and everyone loved riding in it. Maintenance-wise, pretty cheap, most expensive part was the ignition wires. Never left me stranded, never gave me issues, never had a complaint

the Jetta I've owned for less than a year, but I love it so far. Maintenance is relatively cheap, takes a bit more to fill up the tank, but no complaints as of yet

what do you want to know?

2015 GLI.

Like shit.

Two week-long stints at the dealership for warranty repair. Major repair. Only just now popped 30k. Love the car when it's working, but there is no way I can keep it. If I owned it outside of warranty, I would be out several thousand dollars by now. I highly doubt it's going to get any better once the warranty expires.

Don't misunderstand though: I fucking love the thing when it's working. But having anything die at a stop sign on the way to work enough times will change your mind pretty fast.

>you just didn't take care of it!
Followed maintenance schedule to the mile.

It's also burned through 3 sets of tires because lol FWD.

What kind of maintenance have you done on the jetta do far?

how are you burning through tires so quickly?

and what work did you have done?

2011 Golf and 2013 Jetta TDI. Buyback money is coming in soon on the TDI but I never had any problems with it until the scandal. The Golf has been bulletproof too and it's been beaten pretty hard.

If you're wondering, it was a timing chain tensioner failure the first time (how does that even happen?) and the camshaft sensors the second time.

This is in 30,000 miles. This should not happen.

oil, plugs, air filter, wheel rotation, light bulbs, trans oil

just standard maintenance

How many miles on it?

It's probably mostly my driving habits, but if you give it the beans in first gear, you get tire spin even with TCS on. This is also just a product of FF design. Accelerating shifts weight onto the rear axle. Do it hard enough and your tires slip. No fixing that.

DSG is fun though.

Oh yeah, the headlights.

GLI guy here.

3 times now, one or both of my headlights have stopped working for no discernible reason. Even if you change the bulb. Take it to the dealership, they "fix" it, receipt says "new bulb". Breaks again 6 weeks later.

30,000 miles.

Keep in mind, this is a $28,000 car.

30k? Where did you buy it? WArranty?

2012 Passat.
Runs great, hasn't needed anything past basic maintenance. Got rear-ended pretty hard by a Pontiac and only received cosmetic damage and a broken tailight

I bought it new at the same dealership and everything has been under warranty so far, but if such things are failing at this rate, this early, I really don't want to be in the financial blast radius that is this car once the warranty expires.

I'm really kind of sad about it too, because I love the thing. It's like a shitty, hot girlfriend who keeps cheating on you but you know she still loves you. I want so badly for it to stop fucking up, but I know it won't.

2012 mk6 gti here. 53k miles.
Its been damn good. Its the car I track and nodded most. I'm running stage 2 Unitronic software with supporting mods, and even then not a single problem.
But like with any car, that's if you maintain it well.

Have a 2015 and was thinking about buying after lease. Glad to hear someone not having trouble

04 Jetta. It's been nothing but a mess these past 6 months. Thermostat blew up, cooling system fucked up on me twice and blew a flat out of nowhere. Jetta is okay and all but fuck the cooling system. 111k miles on it rn and I have to get more work done on it in the future such as Ignition coils needing replacement and the inevitable Timing Belt+Water Pump.

Had this car for a year. Would trade away if given the chance. I'm lucky my Dad knows how to work on VWs.

Yes, just fine. Apart from a rack that went through the radiator at about 80k miles.

Rode in one

>shitty interior
>synthetic leather felt like bus seat vinyl
>thought the door was going to fall apart when I closed it

After that experience I lost all respect for VW. It seems people are convinced because the front end looks cool and all critical thinking stops there.

HAD an 08 GTI
busted motor mount, bad belts, spark plugs gone, misfires from other shit, brake fluid is shite,

totalled it and got an insurance check for way more than the car was worth.

They really are dogshit. They make bmw look like hondas in terms of reliability.

2002 Golf 4 1.4L 16V

Changed all the fluids and filters a while ago. Runs smoothly but it's also made in Wolfsburg, so I can't tell you about the ones in the US market.

2007 GTI
Just went stage 2, I bought it new but it was always a daily so I never modded it but I found an intake and exhaust online for 300$ total so I said why not. Then I found a tuning shop that said they could give me APRs stage two software for another 300$ so I said fuck it and here I am
0 reliability issues, has been a great car to me, excellent gas mileage I've only ever paid for standard maintence

15 Jetta
I've had zero issues with it, and have done some big road trips in it with no problems. It's also good on gas and it's not that expensive to fill up the tank

So youre beating the shit out of it, probably on a cold engine too because you seem stupid enough. And then you wonder why its having issues?

>muh narrative
>engine load at cold start makes camshaft sensors fail
logic

>implying the camshaft sensors were the only thing stated to break down
logic

2015 Golf. It'll be turning over 30k miles in the next week or so.
I've had an APR tune since about 2k miles.

It's been great so far, just gas and oil changes. I'm really happy with it

I have a 2010 Jetta Wolfsburg. It is pretty great and I have yet to spend anything absurd on maintenance. Wonderful car overall. Very fun to drive.

2008 Audi a3
No problems whatsoever, left mirror motor is slower to move than the right tho

2008 GTI, One of the radiator fans died and was replaced under warranty. Otherwise there have been no problems.

Installed a EFR6758 turbo along with all the required hardware to support it. It was fun but got much more so after installing a LSD. Not sure why they didn't come stick until the mk7 offered one.

> APR

Why user. Back in the day they were decent, after they got bought out they are 100% shit. All their tuners left and their tunes are pure shit, all their hardware is ripoff shit made in china.

Unitronic or GIAC.

Who has had their heads de-coked? How many times?

Carbon cleaning for the DI motors or the coking problem for the mk4's with automatic transmissions and a 1.8T?

Funny how the only one that had serious problems with VW is the fucker that beats on it hard everyday.

DI.

And I know a little secret why VAG is going to dry clutches on their DSGs. It could blow the market apart. teehee.

Their N/A gas models and their older Diesel models are tanks. The electronics in the late mk3 and early mk4 era are where VW gets some of their shitty reputation from.

Their turbo models need to be maintained properly or you will have problems. 1.8T era cars got cheap enough for poorfags to buy and they skipped a lot of maintenance and cry what complete pieces of shit they are. Even more so when they have turbo motors, a lot were babbys first turbo and were beat to shit.

Poorfags cant into proper maintenance is why Audi's with the same underpinnings have ranked higher on reliability surveys than their VW counterparts.

1st gen FSI (ea113) here. I have pulled the manifold to delete the runner flaps and install S3 injectors. The buildup was some minor discoloration and really not worth scrubbing.

I did use some seafoam like 5 k before I pulled the manifold though.

Have a 13' 1.8T

I love it so much that I'm almost willing to deal with whatever ridiculous maintenance

shit, I've got a 2016 GLI and have only had it for like 6 months. Not a single issue yet but this concerns me. I'll probably sell it as soon as the warranty ends.

2007 Golf GTI Edition 30

The only issue I have had is a battery drain after fitting an RNS510 style unit. The battery was however 9 years old and so I fitted a new one and upgraded my CANBUS taken from a MK6 Golf which resolved the issue.

Recently had my HPFP cam follower changed as a precaution however the wear on it was minimal after 65k.

All in all it is a very competent all rounder that makes a great daily driver.

Forgot muh photo

>$11,000v limit
>Want aVAG

Wut do i get. There's a2006 passat 2.0t nearby that I'm interested in for$4000, but I'm open to others. Mostly looking for a comfortable ride but am still looking at some gtis. Kinda wanna an a3 for the extra sound proof but idk senpaitachi halp me

I've got a 2010 CC and, although it's been a bit of a bitch, it's a really nice car and has decent performance. After Stage 1 APR tune and exhaust, though, it became quite quick and genuinely fun to drive. I love the car so much.

2016 golf gti se. only 3k miles and driven somewhat hard.

Only issues are minor things like the weatherstripping on the driver side door makes a rubbing sound sometimes and the seat likes to click as if it isnt settled in the tracks.

How's it been? Which engine? I've heard issues of the timing tensioner shitting themselves, other then that I've heard they're okay. Been thinking of picking one up for my dd

>jetta

you fucked up

your car was manufactured by cheap mexican labor, should have gotten one of the VWs made in america

probably just the dealership goons getting their hand grease all over the bulb
try doing it yourself properly