Getting her a new heart

So basically i am searching for a new engine for my 78 chevette, since the original is pretty much dead. I am looking for something rellaible and cheap to mantain, if it is NA better but i take turbo sugestions too

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FPMZNL_vgBE
youtube.com/watch?v=4DFmRZPhljQ
youtube.com/watch?v=SEJWmZ_ThpY
youtube.com/watch?v=fJmtqu5i--w
youtube.com/watch?v=lEOs099mck0
summitracing.com/parts/nal-10067353/overview/make/chevrolet
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

KA20 swap?

Might be cool

From an altima? any good website where they sell engines i am not from the USA and i will have to import the engine.So a site to start digging would be nice

You have a Chevette and you're not from the USA?

How the hell did that car make it to another country let alone down the block

I am from uruguay lol, chevettes were sold in latin america so yhea... i was thinking in doing ap1600 swap from a volkswagen gol sice they are common over here but i am not totally conviced, so i am asking here lol

OPEL C20XE

Drop in a 4bt and call it a day...

>AP 1600
>not 2.0 from a GTi

Normally I'd say Quad 4, because light mods will get you 100hp/liter and it'll bolt right in, but the good years of Quad 4 are pretty rare and that's in the US.

I'd look for a pushed 2.2 out of a Cavalier or S10. Good, reliable motor with more power than stock and should be a simple swap.

Throw a V6.

youtube.com/watch?v=FPMZNL_vgBE

i actually loled, i said cheap to maintain, plus one on the advantages of the chevette is the light weight i dont think that masiva engine would help

i was going for the 1.6l just couse its easy to find, the gti version on the other hand not so much, but still i would need a new driveshaft and that would add more complications i want to stay simple, one of the things that made me re think that swap

Yhea they are pretty rare, hmm actually a pretty decent choice i will look into it, a website in the US to look into prices and stuff?

Try putting some throttle bodies as well.

youtube.com/watch?v=4DFmRZPhljQ

but wich one, that apealing but there too many to choose from

4.1 from a Blazer.

youtube.com/watch?v=SEJWmZ_ThpY

I love them if i do the swap i will get one, but the thing that bugs me is the new driveshaft

>4.3

My bad.

You'll easily find one from Brazil.

way too heavy for my taste i am searching for something more compact

Nissan SR20DE? Mazda BP? Fiat/Lancia Twin Cam?

I'm not sure what engines you can find in Uruguay.

Volkswagen AP sounds like a good plan. At least parts are plenty.

I think he meant a honda K20A

which would be pretty cool

Then put the AP.

youtube.com/watch?v=fJmtqu5i--w

>i am searching for a new engine for my 78 chevette
>chevette
Dont let us down OP
youtube.com/watch?v=lEOs099mck0

Japanese almost none, from old corollas like the ke70 and some 80 celicas, but no sr or rb. We got mostly common engines from low tier cars like gol, corsa, yeta and that kind of stuff.
Yes that was my thought and i would double the power, the thing is that i dont know what driveshaft to buy, to stay rwd since i want the car to start drifting/ocassional racing

Start contacting shops or ask around people who modify cars in your area. I think getting a custom driveshaft for an AP swap will be easier than looking everywhere for a different engine and gearbox combo.

Oh lol that was my first though when i read the comment i hate honda sound, but i respect people who like them

a friend told me to use the chevette one, and reinforce it, but i dont trust that much, i think i will start contacting stores

sorry br/o/ i am trying to keep it light weight

OP

summitracing.com/parts/nal-10067353/overview/make/chevrolet

Chevy ecotec. Good aftermarket support, plus, how many other 4 cylinders can take 1000+ HP

google "bad seed chevette"
some magazine writer stuffed a Caddy 500 in there

they were also sold in europe / uk under the Vauxhall badge. ive owned one in Aus.

There was one recently near me with an SR20 in it, neat idea installing a 2.0l engine though i would have gone with a 3SGE for the toyota reliability.

Ive never had a problem with mine.

Youre going to need to find an adaptor plate for whatever engine you want to use to the gearbox you have. Thats going to be the most difficult part, unless you find another stock engine.

iron puke is the only logical answer its the chevettes natural partner.

Take it to the track OP

or Rally.

K series are cool but have a bit of a ricer tax. But you also get a wide aftermarket.

Ecotecs are a bit cheaper, though not as powerful. But still, they have good aftermarket. Or had, not sure if the aftermarket cares about the Ecotec engines anymore.

3.4 from an older Camaro