ugly/out of style
less reliable than fixed headlights
worse for aerodynamics
heavy

100% unpractical waste of money for companies

but it looks cool

nah theyre horribly dated

they only exist to get around head lamp height laws

Doesn't matter, these things were taking off limbs, gotta think about pedestrian safety

Err
>Pedestrian safety

err

no company would waste time with them anyway

how the fuck were they unsafe for pedestrians?

is this some sort of (((conspiracy)))??

>ugly
>"aerodynamics"
>heavy
kill yourself
Good, people will learn to pay attention to what they are doing.

Lel, do you see any cars being made with pop-ups? Oh, that's right

yes

how would a big airbrake jutting up on the front of the car cause any problems

Because they serve no purpose anymore and suck dick in the winter.

they don't look ANGRY!. and how can you sell SOFT GIRL CARS to MEN. just look at that GIRLY miata. where are the ENGRY frown lines and big MANLY fish face grill.

see look at this thing. it's laughing at you. because you're bumb. and i'm not. when people see we in this there gonna know I better that them. yea everyone is gonna know i'm a MAN when they see me in this. because it's as ANGRY as I am.

Muh safety
Muh chilluns

If you are close enough to get hit by the headlight you are close enough to get hit by the rest of the car.

Most pop ups are above and a few inches behind the front bumper. If a car hits you going say 30 mph, the front bumper will hit your legs first, causing your legs to move from where they were on the ground, causing the rest of your body to fall, think of what happens when you slip and on ice or something while youre walking, only instead it's a car hitting you. The rest of your body is going to get hit by anything above the bumper, aka you might get hit by a pop up headlight. A blunt sharp object isgoing to impale you at 30 mph, it's not going to simply leave a bruise

>A blunt sharp object

Is this real???

That's really cool. It would look better if the nose of the car were a little lowered/more tapered though since that's what pop ups are supposed to enable anyway.

something about them gets me. i dont ever want to be without them!

FeelsGood

>out of fashion, no longer useful in the era of super high front ends being necessary period
>expensive to replace, massively more complex than just a light that turns on when given power
>square shapes are out of fashion and nobody's out there looking for 928 headlights on modern cars
>takes up space that fwd shitboxes are trying to use on making their car's engine bay even smaller
i think that covers most of it