/bdog/ - Black Desert Online General

Christmas event is on! Pearl item gifting has been temporarily reinstated.
More importantly, jiggle physics got enhanced.
Read patch notes: forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/123466-patch-notes-december-14th/

All classes, with the exception of Wizard and Witch, have awakened! Spellcasters, uncover your latent power on Dec 21st!

>What is BDO?
Black Desert Online is an MMORPG by Pearl Abyss, most recently released for Western audiences. It features action-oriented combat, open world PvP territory control, player housing, unlimited levels of grinding, and more.

>Is it P2W?
Lots of paid convenience features; and some cash shop items, such as most outfits (!), are able to be sold to other players on the marketplace, but maximum price caps and weekly selling limits of cash shop items restrict profit. One CANNOT P2W over a dedicated player.

>Guides, guilds, and other useful info
pastebin.com/tGWk2bru

>NewFAQs
If you don't know if the game is "worth it," get a guest pass.
All classes can be viable and fun. Ask something more specific.
Weapon: Kaia, or BUY a +15 Yuria -> Liverto -> Kzarka
Armor: Grunil -> Boss armor
For everyone's sake, read the links, Google it, and Ctrl+F, BEFORE asking the same stupid question other people previously have in the same thread.
Don't be surprised if the thread is dead occasionally, it happens more often than you'd think.
Thiccposters on suicide watch.

Old thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

cassardis.imgur.com/
imgur.com/a/cqiCM
imgur.com/a/FZmwV
imgur.com/a/2zvPG
imgur.com/a/n3eKO
imgur.com/a/jq06Q
imgur.com/a/jA4UM
youtube.com/watch?v=Dceyy0cX6J4
mega.nz/#F!JIkFDb4S!2Ca8pXmh6C7f3eWGxuIw4g
mega.nz/#F!XBQEVKZb!7uESJXxgCZBjNZzf-X2_hw
i.imgur.com/3kC7B2C.jpg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

first for more milfsorce lewds

excuse me i'm quite fine

Anyone feel like having fun with a generously curved knife-ear? A really rather bored one.

Awakening any time now.

On my way.

My, look at you go! I'll be waiting.

What server are we on?

cmon

Been following her around for a while now. We're making really strong eye contact.

Wandering around Heidel now.

hello porgy enthusiasts!

hello!

INCOMING
ERP valk cassardis.imgur.com/
Titty Kuno imgur.com/a/cqiCM
Milfsorc imgur.com/a/FZmwV
Cyclops imgur.com/a/2zvPG
Tattoo imgur.com/a/n3eKO
CutestTamer imgur.com/a/jq06Q
Horse Fucker imgur.com/a/jA4UM

>horse fucker
>no pictures of it happening
Don't false advertise.

This ultimate armor reform stone that I got from the calendar. How do I use it? I'd rather use it.

Can it take my green grunil armor up the yellow ultimate version? That's what it's for, right?

If I do, does it stay upgraded? I have the chest piece to +10, which is the piece I'd want to upgrade. Would it stay +10 while being upgraded to ultimate?

This might be a lot to ask, but could you make a mini guide on witch mounted combat? like what kind of horse you need and what skills to use? I'm right like 0.5% away from lvl 56 just waiting for awakening, and I heard their biggest flaw is the low mobility, I liked the idea of mounted combat a lot to overcome this problem but I don't seem to find a guide for it.

It'll stay +10, all it does is give the armor an extra 5 DP.

Ok, thank you. And no, the ultimate version gives +2 DR against all types of damage as well as increased DP. I just wasn't sure if the +10 would stay.

Creepshots

>you can now have 4 pets
time to buy another pet I guess

Channel? Still in Heidel?
I won't say hi, but I will creep on you for a while.

I certainly still am. Cal 2. Creep if you wish, I will leave you to the creepin'.

NA? EU?

NA

I'll just kill myself.

I'll be praying for you to be reborn on the NA side of things! Hang in there.

How lewd

Just the right amount of lewd.

Slowly seeing more people appear. Now to see who can show just how assertive they are.

Found your cousin.

ONE OF YOU BETTER SUCK MY DICK RIGHT NOW.

Lovely!

How dare you

>new to bdo
>want to discuss the game
>general is more cancer then the final fantasy generals

Start a discussion and people will discuss, you dork

start a discussion then you dumbo
the shitposting is only to keep the thread alive

be careful what you wish for anonymous

I'm coming.

what music do you guys listen to while grinding? I've just hit a wall where I guess the grinding in the game kicks in @ Khuruto Caves

I actually listen to some more metal-y things during mindless grinding. Well think KSE or Scar Symmetry. Love having things like them on with the game sounds.

I don't really listen to music. Mostly streams or similiar podcast like stuff. Been listening to TedX for a while.

youtube.com/watch?v=Dceyy0cX6J4

I turn everything off, all I listen to is my tinitus

Eurobeat, makes me go fast.

How does PvP work in this game? Is it just:

>Hit level 45
>Good luck going anywhere without being ganked

Or do people not really kill others without warning?

Most of the PKers lurk around grinding spots.
There isn't a huge chance you'll get randomly shot down by someone, but do keep in mind: Assholes exist everywhere.

It changed to 50 somewhere recent. Anyway, from my experience it's not all that bad. There are people that may harrass you on popular grind spots, whether you were already there or not.

But it's not a huge problem in general. But again, that's from my own experience.

there's pretty annoying pentalty for killing people

People don't waste their pvp resource killing random people, but ocne you step into their farm spot they'll probably kill you.

What you do is this, discover the nearest node, go to their farm spot, get killed, resurrect near their farm spot and go suicide against them again, repeat this over and over until they go red, stop killing you, or they change channels, then you can farm their spot. That's pretty much the only world pvp you'll see.

i got a +15 ultimate grunil helmet now

ama

what's your upgrade routine?

I often feel like I'm wasting stones, and should be building cheap failstacks somehow but I don't. Once I've spent more failing than what I would have spent just force upgrading I stop because I feel dumb, and my guild told me force upgrading is ALWAYS bad... so I don't know what I'm doing fucking wrong...

did you also upgrade the quality to ultimate? or did you start with an ultimate? because I don't know how to upgrade rarity, or if it's worth trying when I only have shit workers and not min maxed artisans.

Just know this, in PvP your horses HP will melt fast in any sustained combat - even with BiS +10 enhanced gear and a tier 8. Sometimes you're better off dismounting and fighting, too. Either way PvP cavalry has to be hit and run unless you can control the opposition with well timed binds, stuns, and knockdowns. It'll be tough for your opponents to knock you off your horse, but I still keep my knockdown resist up.You'll want a horse with high turn rate with Charge, Drift, and Instant Accel combo skills to keep you away from your enemies striking distance but within your own spells striking distance. On top of all that you've got to manage your limited spell rotation, their cooldowns, and the new key combos interwoven between actually keeping your mount moving. Again sometimes that's simply not realistic and you'll be better off dismounting. It's extremely satisfying when you can literally run circles around your enemies, though.

PvE is straight forward as fuck. Sideways step with your spell rotation unless you don't care about efficiency or the mobs are actually dangerous. Those elite bandits in Valencia will fuck your horse sideways if you don't keep moving. Prioritize ranged mobs if you want your horse to last longer. A bunch of high tier pets and a good horse makes grinding supreme easy mode considering weight limit becomes meaningless. You will be chugging mana pots and carrots though.

I'm going to get that ass.

I realize I've been playing this game for over a month. I have several characters at level 50+ and I still understand jack shit about the combat.

>hit cc
>do damage
>combo with another cc if available
>do damage
>create distance
>repeat

That's normal.

I'm going to eat your ass.

Nowhere is safe from you nudemod pervs. I've got to rethink where I afk.

Literally nowhere

-pvp power rankings-
1. Musa (Becomes really easy to play after awakening, insane midrange damage with mediocre, but easy stuns and insane survivability/mobility)
2. Berserker (Ridiculous survivability with HP pool, ridiculous single target CC with grab chains, and good burst)
3. Warrior (High survivability with blocks and mobile, crazy close combat burst with greatsword)
4. Maehwa (Tankier then musa, but harder to play requireing a bit more timing, more cc then Musa but still crazy close range burst potential)
5. Ranger (Spam a single skill to kill stuff, fun times. Really mobile and really high close range damage and good long range poke)
6. Kunoichi (Fast, good damage, best CC in the game with awakening)
7. Sorc (The mighty have fallen with mediah/valencia. Abilities started to get balanced. Lots of utility spells for group combat and some good burst. Very mobile)
8. Ninja (RULES OF NATURE, 5 swords for a single target. Probably highest single target burst in the game)
9. Tamer (Pet can be annoying, Roaring sucks people in. Lots of long CC abilities but make you a sitting duck)
10. Witch/wiz (Crazy aoe burst and CC but prone to CC themselves, especially stiffness kills this class. Requires some serious timing skills)
11. Valk (Wow stop playing anytime)

mega.nz/#F!JIkFDb4S!2Ca8pXmh6C7f3eWGxuIw4g

>Sorc
>Number 7

>ranger below maehwa and musa
you have no idea what you're talking about, there's a reason why half the "competitive" players in this game are rangers

Goddamnit
and I've been maining a valk all this time

Thanks for the lewd album. I'm going to come to you for some ERP.

Same. Lucky for me I don't care much about PvP

Because its a really easy braindead class to play that excels in guild v guild and grinding?

I'd recommend anyone who has the discipline and power to fight the boredom playing this shit class to main one asap as their first character just for grinding because it is absolute beast in that, but there hasn't been a single tournament where ranger has actually been high up the rankins.

Being able to spam 2 skills with the cover of a group does not make this class nr1 in a global pvp power ranking list

rangers are ridiculously easy to beat in 1v1

Just play whatever you want really, everything is in the end fueled by your ability to make the most of the class and gear is a huge factor in anything really.

The only big powergap is between 3 and 4.

Tanky classes still have their use in group/guild pvp as covers

I just really love cute sweaters user.
Honestly I wish the snowflakes weren't there so it could pass as just a regular sweater, males are lucky that they didn't get snowflakes, but obviously theirs is too christmassy to just be a sweater.

Nope. For group PvP it's
Top tier - Ranger, Zerker, Warrior
Good tier - Sorc, Musa, Witch
Bad tier - Kuno
Trash tier - Tamer, Valk, Maehwa, Ninja

For 1v1 it's
Top tier - Ranger, Sorc
Good tier - Zerker, Tamer, Maehwa
Bad tier - Warrior, Musa, Ninja
Trash tier - Valk, Witch

i'd personally switch musa/berserker and sorc/ranger
but otherwise pretty accurate

This is closer to truth.

>warrior
>bad in 1v1
Good joke

They've been one of the concensus strongest 1v1 classes since their awakenings got released.

Haha look at him, look at his level 40 character and laugh

did you get this list from the BDO forums or something?

then explain to me why rangers with 50 more ap than me can't beat me in 1v1?

>It's a guy with shitty gear tries to tell other people what classes are OP episode.

nobody cares about your shitty personal anecdotes you little cuck

come fight me you nerds

Rangers will always be top tier in BDO because they spend the most in the cash shop

mega.nz/#F!XBQEVKZb!7uESJXxgCZBjNZzf-X2_hw
eurobeat volumes

>training, fishing, hunting, trade on one character
>everything else spread out individually on alts
Is this the ideal way to set up my life skills?

>image deleted
>not in the archives
fuqq

How much have you guys spend on BDO? be honest

>mfw €180,- + 60 for the game

910€

i.imgur.com/3kC7B2C.jpg

Not even full frontal nudity.

around $750 USD

$100 conq pack, $600 in pearls (so far), and like $30-$50 during the black friday web sales, with $23 being the Kibelus Set A a few days ago from Christmas sales

I had set a on my ranger, maewha, but wanted one on my Kunoichi

you guys are fuckin pathetic wtf

$60 on black friday.
Plan on buying underwear, earrings, and onepetfrom the christmas sale too, fuck me.

>You spend money on something you enjoy, you're pathetic.
user please, if we can afford it let us be.

yeahh I got banned for something like that a week or so ago. well it wasn't from the back but no lips or anything. bad draws happen

I've seen some posts in this thread about world-pvp and I want your honest opinon about it.
I mainly care for the pvp aspect of an MMO and outside is where I got most of my fun doing it in general.

Can someone TL;DR me a lil bit?
Are there a lot of "known" areas to world-pvp/gank people? What are the downsides of killing a low-level player? Is there a complete stealth class? I've played a bit of Kuno and it was only around 12secs of invisibility, does it get longer/better?

There's essentially no open world pvp in this game. You can't attack low level players at all. If you kill a high level player, they immediately respawn without losing anything.

Around 80 euro because I bought a pet through a friend during the sale that happened at release. Never should've, though.

Do you even upload you creep images on imgur? Just why?