Cromwell is one of the most controversial figures in the history of the British Isles...

>Cromwell is one of the most controversial figures in the history of the British Isles, considered a regicidal dictator by historians such as David Sharp, a military dictator by Winston Churchill, but a hero of liberty by John Milton, Thomas Carlyle, and Samuel Rawson Gardiner, and a class revolutionary by Leon Trotsky. In a 2002 BBC poll in Britain, Cromwell was selected as one of the ten greatest Britons of all time. However, his measures against Catholics in Scotland and Ireland have been characterised as genocidal or near-genocidal, and in Ireland his record is harshly criticised.

When a single man divides opinions so much, you can be assured of his greatness.

Called a genocidal military dictator by some, seen as liberator and revolutionary by others.

This thread is devoted to O L I V E R C R O M W E L L

Revisionist, Pelagians Hirelings & Pigs NOT welcome ITT.

Inveniemus viam aut faciemus.

>Regicidal
Good

Fuck off wart-face.

>CATHOLICS GET OUT REEEEEEEEEEEEE

Proddies = ISIS

Catholics = pedophile pagans, Antichrist worshippers, Gospel-inhibitors

Reilly -- Cromwell: An Honourable Enemy

>t. Tall-Poppy sufferer

Oliver Cromwell, Lord Protector of England, born in 1599, died in 1658...

>muh heredity over merit

September

>lanklet born again christian
lmao

Cromwell was one of those people that you see cropping up form time to time throughout history that exist solely to teach everyone around them and in following generations how not to behave. He was the British equivalent of Sulla, or Napoleon or Stalin;someone whose destructive extremism ultimately benefited succeeding generations through the lessons learnt, even though a LOT of people had to die in the process.

Cromwell taught the British the dangers of republicanism, the dangers of populism and religious extremism. These lessons, learnt without -completely- destroying the country, are some of the main reasons Britain went on to dominate the world, enduring the Napoleonic revolutions, the 1848 revolutions, the communist revolutions etc. without any major incident.

>Muh confused idea of merit implying that the most qualified and invested person shouldn't have the job

Totally forgot the dangers of colonialism, which is why you're Americuck status now.

Qualified? Might have a point if regency were never a thing.

Cromwell did nothing wrong.

What has that got to do with it? If anything regency is an argument for it, as in, a temporary chap to keep the ship steady until the proper person is fit to take over.

Reminder that anglicanism is just Catholic lite, and Oliver Cromwell was the saving grace of the English Civil Wars

YOU DARE TO INSULT THE GLORIOUS IMAM CROMWELL?

DIE HEATHEN SCUM

CALVIN AKBAR

PROTESTANT CALIPHATE NOW

There have been regents in place for the leisure of the monarch, not the function of the kingdom prior to their preparedness.

Yes, and?

>Reminder that anglicanism is just Catholic lite

*tips mitre*

I don't understand advocating a system where its leader has the freedom to effectively cede power to a hopefully loyal person while the expected leader may choose to be idle or get taken advantage of by an ambitious man without scruples.

This. Cromwell was basically a Protestant Al-Baghdadi.

Literally banned the celebration of Christmas.
How can anyone defend this man.

Didn't he also destroy "heretic/pagan" statues and works of art and so on?

>the dangers of republicanism

That's why most nations in the world are now republics and better off than Britain?

No not muh saturnalia

>Catholics = pedophile pagans, Antichrist worshippers, Gospel-inhibitors
You sound exactly like a Wahabbi m8

I don't like Cromwell because he was very mean and rude to us

Calvin Akbar

I'm not advocating that. I agree it defeats the benefits of the institution, and should only be used in specific extreme circumstances.

Is IT real or do i too much lsd

what does IT refer to

>2006 marks the 350th anniversary of the re-admission of the Jews into England. They were expelled in 1290 in the reign of King Edward Ist. Their re-admission in 1656 under the Cromwellian Protectorate is interpreted by some as evidence of Cromwell’s toleration and compassion.

DROPPED

Nobunaga Oda was Oliver Cromwell before Oliver Cromwell

>Leon Trotsky
Yet another reason to hate Cromwell.

>fuck stability
FTFY

catholics should die and stay die tbfh

Catholics never die

both underrated desu

>admiring a regicidal demon

ANGLO YOU OWE ME REPARATIONS

la...

(((cromwell)))

exit thread silly royalist

>murder Christians
>help the Jews

Is he the first eternal Anglo?

but most nations arent republicans because they love Cromwell, or Robespierre.

Though twice repulsed with loss,Cromwell renewed the attack, and himself, along with Ireton, led on his men. All opposition was overborne by the furious valour of the troops. The town was taken sword in hand; and orders being issued to give no quarter, a cruel slaughter was made of the garrison. Even a few, who were saved by the soldiers, satiated with blood, were next day miserably butchered by orders from the general. One person alone of the garrison escaped to be a messenger of this universal havoc and destruction in order to tell all other garrisons. This policy had the desired effect.

You degenerates deserved it

>liking cromwell
shitty british and shitty tank

>Royalist
>Silly
Pick up a glove and slap yourself with it.