This car having a 2.0 engine doesn't excuse the 200hp

This car having a 2.0 engine doesn't excuse the 200hp

Other urls found in this thread:

jalopnik.com/what-nobody-understands-about-the-subaru-brz-1698728189
youtu.be/STaximkaQxo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

it kinda does if it's N/A like it is.
The closest competitor, the Mazda MX5 Miata has a N/A 2.0L engine and makes 50 less HP.

45 more than the top spec Miata Club

It's the same with the brz

There's nothing particularly special or amazing other than they're Rwd coupes. For the price and power this isn't worth it.

jalopnik.com/what-nobody-understands-about-the-subaru-brz-1698728189

" three years after its release, the BRZ remains best sports cars you can buy."

>muh powa

What if I don't care? I'm not going to the track every weekend, I just want to hoon on the backroads outside the city on warm Saturday afternoons in the summer. I don't need 900hp to do that.

The 86 is the kind of car you buy to look good and commute fast.

oh look a 2+2 Coupe has more space than a 2 seat roadster that weighs 2300 pounds.
also
>151lb/ft for 200hp
holy shit I didn't know that thing was so anemic

Aww is that salt flavored jelly you have there?

nah I'm just pointing out they belong in different segments. FR-S is the better commuter, and this comes from an ND owner.

>find the Jeep in this photo

>FR-S is the better commuter
and track car
and general sports car

>There's nothing particularly special or amazing other than they're Rwd coupes. For the price and power this isn't worth it.

have you actually driven one?

driving position, shifter/pedal/steering feel and the stock seats are pretty amazing

you won't get the same feeling in hopped up economy cars like hot hatches or older japanese GT cars. If there was factory FI (even as an optional trd/sti add on kit) i would buy one in a heartbeat.

I liked the gearing and torque curve in the miata more, plus it just felt more fun to me. honestly the only thing that makes the miata slower is the massive body roll, which can be fixed with sway bars

Shouldn't the better commuter car also have the better interior?

The BRZ doesn't even have steering wheel audio controls.

really? never thought to look during my test drive. it had more comfortable seats and better sound dampening (because not convertible)

is this on the Toyota as well, or is this another reason to go BRZ over FR-S?

The brz is the same price as the wrx and the wrx is faster, more power, more torque, I can use it as a daily driver all year round thanks to awd so winters aren't off limits. Seriously the wrx has far better value than the brz, I don't care if the brz "feels different " because it's Rwd and shit, feels are not a metric

>feels are not a metric
angryitalians.jpg

>buying an frs/brz as a commuter
Really the wrong choice if that's your primary goal. It can do it, but after driving one a bit I thought the seats were pretty uncomfortable and the ride was a little stiff for a daily I would think.

I owned an s2000 at the time so the ride didn't bother me (my other vehicle was a lifted jeep), but the seats were still bothering me.

They're nice, but really could use a faster version. I'd pay 10k more for somethingwith a warranty and maybe 350bhp.

i prefer the deeper engine sound of the boxer vs the inline4 in the miata, also the way the wind screen is so close to the driver really bothered me (surprised this isn't mentioned in any of the reviews i've read)

What defines a "sports car"?

Yes the GT86 has them.

Ask them.

the reason it feels different is because you're sitting much lower in the car and because the car weighs significantly less

Also the wrx gets a turbo which is probably why it's beating the brz which is lackluster in every fashion. Even the jalopnik article talks about why sales have slowed and interests have waned because it's so lack luster

I'm tall, so the windshield issue isn't as much of an issue when I have to have the seat all the way back to fit. as for the engine note, I came from a Honda so I was used to a shrieking motor.

And the wrx is still faster despite being "significantly heavier"

yeah it's faster, but it feels like you're steering/rowing a boat in the WRX compared to the BR-Z

>I can use it as a daily driver all year round thanks to awd so winters aren't off limits

Lmao at the cuck who can only drive AWD in winter.

Jeep in the right wing mirror

>Veeky Forums wishes for the return of modestly powered low cost japmobiles
>Toyota/Subaru finally put one out
>Veeky Forums completely sports out because it isn't a Japanese GT350 for 18k

ITS NOT FAIR I WAS PROMISED A SUPRA FOR 5000 GOODBOY POINTS

>Veeky Forums wishes for the return of modestly powered low cost japmobiles
>Toyota/Subaru finally put one out
>Veeky Forums completely spergs out because it isn't a Japanese GT350 for 18k

winrar

What do i win?

nothing
help me, it keeps following me
make it stop

this desu
i cant afford an frz but its still a wonderful car especially for the price

Why the hell would you want all that shit slapped on to your steering wheel?

The fact that the toyobaru has a barren interior was a plus for me. I don't want my car looking like a spaceship.

And its still slower than the meyata

The only problem with the 86 is that it isn't a Miata. If Mazda hade made it and called it a Miata 2+2 everybody would love it.

>2+2 miata
ahaha no it would cause outrage

The wrx is more agile if it accelerates and goes faster than the brz. It can't feel like a boat if it objectively moves faster

Good luck trying to drive a brz in the winter with it being that low to the ground

It's worse in every objective way than every other comparable vehicle in it's price segment.

not in aftermarket support, which to be honest should be the reason you buy the car, otherwise you're wasting your money

I honestly do not believe for even a second that this mememobile has more aftermarket support than the ND

Do you live under a rock or are you willfully that ignorant?

There are loads of them around here, and the owners just bang on snow tires and keep going.

Good weight distribution + good snow tires + non idiot drivers, gets you farther than AWD + all seasons + idiocy.

The wrx comes with winter tires when you purchase one after the summer is over, this isnt an issue

Awd+ all seasons > Rwd with winter regardless

Holy fuck get over yourself and you're wrx. It sucks ok? Learn to live with that.

>gets proven wrong on every aspect
>flips out over his post purchase rationalization

Gg no re

1. I am not the guy you were talking to

2. I don't drive a subie

Continue to be so insecure in your purchase that you have to shitpost on a Chinese checkers support blog for self validation.

>no u: the post
K, stay mad fsggot

if u reply to this ur mum will die in her slep. get rkt fsggot

as someone who had the frs in manual and automatic along with a slew of other cars

the frs was a car to fall in love with
but the evo was better than it in every way other than drifts

>Veeky Forums fawns over the S13/240sx
>2.4L
>2800Lbs
>155HP
>160lb-ft torque
>$19k when new

>Veeky Forums hates the 86 twins
>2.0l
>2800Lbs
>200HP
>158lb-ft torque
>$26k new

Is the only real reason for the hate the fact that it's a bit too expensive for the type of buyer that wants it (young men)? Because in all fairness $19000 in 1995 is equivalent to just over $30000 in 2016 money, and $19000 in 1990 is equivalent to just over $35000 in 2016 money.

Nice me.me
youtu.be/STaximkaQxo

Whoever considering a BRZ should get save some money and get a 2016 mustang or camaro.
Doesn't even have the be the V8 version; the base models are more powerful and faster than a BRZ

>inb4 hurrr durrr but american cars I crap! I have never owned a modern american car, but oh boy those are crap LMAO!!!! I saw a picture online of a lemon Corvette failing after 6 miles hahaha!

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Really the only people hating on it are people that can't afford any type of car, or benchracers who are so obsessed with millisecond differences that they can't understand the metric of 'fun'

This was supposed to be a purpose built cheap sports car, and I think they have hit their niche just fine

Have fun trying to mod an engine that has had every ounce of performance already squeezed out of it with ecoboost

who cares
>drivers car
>great handling
>looks good
>spiritual sucessor to 86
>massive aftermarket
>built for fun
>easy to mod
Don't like the engine? Just like increase power

>spiritual sucessor to 86

spotted the weeboo

>b-but muh rice

It's got '86' name badges on it, you don't need to be a weeb to understand that its a spiritual successor. Why else would they name it that?

Also
>goes on Peruvian clay molding forum
>complains about Peruvian clay content

not sure what your point is

>Veeky Forums fawns over the S13/240sx
>$19k when new
The difference being they started to be fawned over once they were beat to shit and 4000 bux.
The American Silvias were always hot garbage and their success is wholly due to the aftermarket.

The same might eventually be true of the 86's but the boxer and its engine bay make it significantly harder.

>Getting lapped by a commuter car with a worse power/weight ratio

Yeah, mod that engine. Can't make up for the fact that your beloved shitbox can't turn.

Just buy a fucking mustang.

>GT86 fanboy vocabulary
>drivers car: slow car
>looks good: looks like a retarded mustang because that's what i wish i had. if only i weren't a weeb.
>spiritual successor to 86: piece of garbage that might be somewhat fast after investing twice its value in mods
>massive aftermarket: ebay supercharger kits
>built for fun: it can't turn but it's rwd so you can do burnouts
>easy to mod: some forum fag made a write up on replacing the shift knob with a dildo

It's a good sports car but you'd have to be an idiot to buy one now that the S-FR has been announced.

Just buy a fucking Supra when it comes out and BTFO all the Cuckstangfags and Cuckmarofags and Cuckvettefags and they cry and use their tears as as fuel haha stay mad

On the other hand ideally that pushes down the used market price more. It's not terribly far off from the competition if you don't want to have to sift through beat up old private sales.

The problem is that every other type of vehicle has seen improvements. SUVs, trucks, econoboxes, landbarges, all of them have seen improvements in power and mpg....except for sports cars. You can argue till you die of exhaustion but the modern entry sports car is easily 20+ years behind. I fully understand the purpose of sports cars but that doesnt mean you cant have power as well as well as handling. I mean look at this shit right here . Even the fiesta has a high power version that matches the bench racing specs of the toyburu and for 5k+ less. I fully understand what the toyburu is trying to do but I think for 26k there are better options. I mean thats getting into slightly used Mustang 5.0 country there, what 18 year old guy would choose a fucking brz over a 400+hp mustang? If i wanted a sporty-ish car with the specs of a brz Id just get a FiST and leave the rest of the cash I saved in the bank m8.

Careful there man, I sense that your jimmies have been rustled.

The only legitimate point you made out of all of that is that it can't turn, which is completely wrong.

I don't have to defend myself here, I have nothing to prove and completely enjoy my car. I will, and have, taken your advice to mod my engine and have had a blast doing so.

lmfao, what kind of retarded chart is this. so it's heavier and slower than the miata and the author also decided to fabricate a random top speed for the miata. (closer to 140)

brz fags btfo

This car having a 2.4L engine doesn't excuse the 150hp

>what 18 year old guy would choose a fucking brz over a 400+hp mustang?
An 18 year old should not be driving either of those vehicles

Maybe a loser 18 year old wouldn't. Mustangs are cool and none of your contrarian hivemind opinions will change that fact.

That may be true most of the time, but what 18 year old wouldn't want the mustang?

Who knows? Maybe it would inspire people to be better drivers. I know I shaped the fuck up after getting into an accident.

>hey you want a japanese sports car made by toyota that is the spiritual successor of the 86 that is designed to be a drivers car mostly for fun with MASSIVE aftermarket
>yea buy this meme

>want
>cool
>image
Found the 18 year olds, have fun totaling you "sick new mustang brah"

Enjoy fapping over 80s shitboxes and pretending you're different for doing it

I'd rather not have the image to be honest. More fun to have most of the performance in a sleeper package. Part of the fun of 80s shitboxes is you can drive the fuck out of them and people just figure you're a middle aged woman on the rag or something.

I'm getting pretty tired of this "it needs a ton of power to be good" idea. One of the purest joys in driving is taking a lightweight car and pushing it to the limit. If you had a 500hp FRS, you wouldn't be able to use half that at any given time. But you can use all 200 of that HP on your daily drive and back road shenanigans.
Lurn2fun you fucking plebs

this.
Most fun I've had in a car were when I took my shitbox crossover to the track and tamed the body roll or when I drove around an anemic mr2 in the snow

Way to miss the fucking point retard. Never said I don't like mustangs. I do.

I still maintain that teenage dipshits don't belong behind the wheel of a 5.0

18yo here.

I don't want any American car; they're all trash.

Dreamcar is a Lexus LFA Nurburger Edition.

Attainable dreamcar is a BRZ.

Well yeah I mean in an ideal world were american cars were great again.

And if I were your dad I'd want to see you proving yourself in something good and lame for a few years before you get a BRZ.

It's cheap and the aftermarket options are limitless.

So get the WRX.

>Jalopshit

Remember the last Celica?
The top version of it got constantly shit on by everyone for being to slow and having not enough power.

That was 17 years ago. The 86 only has 12hp and 18lb·ft more and is slightly heavier.

Every fucking gay hothatch today has more power.

Liiiike.... a 95 Camry with a dent in the left rear quarter panel?

I used to work at a used car stealership and some guy traded in his silver brz with 14k miles for a WRX wagon with 120k miles. He said he wanted something that doesn't need to be put in 2nd gear to overtake someone on the freeway.

After test driving it, I confirmed that it is in fact a heap of shit. A camry would pull on this car with ease.

Sounds like he was full of shit and needed to lower his monthly expenses by trading in a fairly new car for a beater.

This
The BRZ is cool and all if you live near mountain twisties or a track, but the reality is 99% of people mainly drive on highways or cities

It doesn't drive like a sports car at all, I've driven one multiple times. It just handles well, I expect a sports car to have power. This is just an economy car with zippy handling.

Sure! Did a good bit of time in a 97 Camry in high school. Really good way to learn how boring appliance cars are, but at first it was fun enough just to be on the road.

He was making good money, the only responsible car buyer I saw in the 3 months I worked in that hell hole. He repaired pianos and organs for a living and he said even putting luggage in the BRZ would cause a big difference in power.

It's a shit car bro, there is no need to defend it. By 2016 standards it is way too under powered for the price they are charging.

meh i dd a FRS (mostly hwy) and I dont have any problems over taking your average shitbox. Althugh some more power certainly wouldnt hurt. 32mpg mixed is p nice tho :^)

What about dragging from red lights? A base Veloster would probably beat the FRS.

Obviously you two guys are not the prime demographic of this car. The prime demographic is the type of driving enthusiast who likes the way the controls and handling feel. The fact that he said he doesn't like using the manual transmission tells me he wants an appliance rather than a sports machine.

Did you totally ignore the low seating position and center of gravity? Would you say a Porsche 550 is not a sports car because it only has 110hp? Would you say the mx5 is not a sports car because it's fucking slow? A car is about the feeling it provides you, not what's on the paper.

WRX had full service records, clean title, and was babbied by 1 owner who happened to be a middle aged guy.