Is 100 mph fast Veeky Forums?

Is 100 mph fast Veeky Forums?

Recently did this on my 2002 Audi TT, felt exactly like going 60mph and I could have gone faster but pussied out because thought a cop was gonna see me

Also post your top speeds

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sunken_Meadow_State_Parkway
youtu.be/COdoHpU_a8U
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

get close to the top speed of any car, they feel like they are ice skates.

>Is 100 mph fast Veeky Forums?
No

134mph GPS, in an Ibiza 130 FR PD TDi
140mph on the clocks in a VW Phaeton when an RS6 breezed past me like I was sitting still.

110mph on a hilly backroad in my NA miata, with my friend in his NA miata in front of me doing the same speed

how do ice skates feel? i always thought they were pretty smooth

Hit 120 in my FoST one day on my way to work.
No pics, at that speed I'm not going to fuck around with my phone when I should be paying attention to the road.

Get an alignment. 145mph felt great in a 300zx. Even 110mph wasn't bad in a 03 cavalier. Fucking 115 in a lifted Chevy colorado felt fine too.

NO, 135 mph in my e39 are just as comfy as 100

to be fair, it was 130 on concrete slabs. noted regardless.

Buy an Audi TT roadster
Car does 0-60 in 5.5 seconds
Speed limited to 130 fucking MPH

Was it date night?

150+ is really the spot where things get interesting.

Fast is where it only takes mere seconds to pass multiple hwy exits

Well appointed modern cars are designed to drive safely at 100mph in a straight line. Shit, any straight off the lot econobox will do that. Op is driving a 14 year old car designed to go fast and he's worried?

the 80's told him cars can only go 85

145 is that 250ks? That's fast as fuck in a z32. Fastest I've been in mine was 230 and it was pretty stable desu
E39 m5 was the comfiest car I've ever been in over 200ks. Cops ignore you too because it's "just a dude in an m5 coming back to work from fucking one of his side bitches"

That could be it slabs suck when they get old.

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sunken_Meadow_State_Parkway
>built in 1954
>designer scammed NY state by saying the concrete roads would last 100 years

It's about 230. It was running 15psi. That car was a lot of fun.

its like this
youtu.be/COdoHpU_a8U

>no track drifting!!!

What does that mean?
Have you ever ice skated in your life?

193 in my 997 Turbo coming home from the pub!
My STI burried the needle past the end of the speedo heading to work one day. Somewhere 160 plus. It's nothing but wind noise at that speed. The stripes on the road look like solid lines and traffic comes up extremely quick. It doesn't feel much different than say doing 80 or 90 On the other hand on a bike anything over 130 feels pretty exhilarating considering you're wedged in a slipstream to keep the wind from ripping you off the damn thing.

Top speed around 165 km/h. Scared to go any faster in this old land barges with dry rotted tires. I think speed limiter is 112 mph in it

So is mine! 400 crank hp on stock turbos

literally first gear

You're mad son, anything above 80 for extended periods in my na was awful.

My top speed is somewhere between 150 and 160 in my old gt-four. Felt fine, perfectly stable, reasonably quiet but the sense of "what if" kicks in over 130

Depends on the conditions.
> 100MPH in the dry, fairly clear road, broad daylight
Little twitchy, but I'm fine.
> 100MPH at night when it's shitting it down with rain after weeks of decaying leaves and general oily residue
OH FUCK OH FUCK I'M GONNA DIE TIME TO FUCKING SLOW DOWN WHY AM I GOING THIS FAST

Also on the car.
> 100MPH, old shitty Fiesta
Steering goes really fucking light as the aerodynamics lift the front end up, engine sounds like it's going to punch through the firewall and berate me, road noise sounds like the tires are trying to escape, wheel has to be held firmly in place.

> 100MPH old and slightly busted Astra
Shit, am I doing 100 already? What the HELL is making that rattle? Oh god I hope I can stop again.

> 100MPH, newish Focus
Shit's fine. Steering's a bit twitchy.

>100mph in 02 Grand Caravan
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHG I'M FEELING IT (TACHYOOOON)

>100mph in Fiesta
Wow this is cool

>100mph in spark
How fucking long is this hill goddamn

>100mph in fucked up '89 MJ
I AM GONNA DIE, I AM COOKING THE TRANSMISSION AND I AM GONNA DIE

I've gone past the 160 mark on my Z, it isn't stock by any means. But fuck do they hold on at high speed

No.

Here on the autobahn 100 mph is normie speed when there is enough space.

Every modern normal non sporty car can make 125 mph with no issues. You can also do this for a longer time and nothing will break.

But im not sure if this is the case for non european car versions.

In the past when we imported NA models we had to make them "standgasfest" (being able to drive high speed for a while without blowing up)

>standgasfest
Sorry meant vollgasfest.

wtf is wrong with me

Even my na 1.0l econobox can do 110 mph.
100mph is the speed normies do when they want to go fast, 80-90mph is what most people actualy drive most of the time.

100 in car don't feel like shit.

122 in my wrx
130 on my cbr

Both had alot more till they were pegged but I pussed out on the bike cause public highway.

I´d say it depends on the car/bike.
If you drive in a micro hatchback 100mph is fast, if you drive a landbarge it is slow.

Fair enough. My old Colorado only got to 94 and the only reason that was sketchy is cause the truck hated it sitting on the governer. Didn't feel unstable just really unhappy

I did 140mph in my Mazdaspeed 3, and still had plenty of revs left in sixth gear to go more. A stock MS3 goes 155, but I think I could push 160 if I had a really long straight. This was on a country road in North Carolina, and I had enough road but I pussied out.

Germanfag is laughing at you. We dont have any speed limits, go as fast as you can. Actually, a lot of people do it regularly, by going with over 250kmh(~ 155mph). You can also see a super-sportscar from time to time.

130 in an '03 accord EX V6. Would've gone faster but the damn thing has a governor.

Now go do it in a clapped-out minivan that's never had suspension work.

>plenty of revs left in sixth gear to go more
By that logic my econobox would go way faster than 110mph.
Just having revs left doesn´t mean shit, driving the actual top speed matters.

Having revs left means the car could go faster not that he did. The man said how fast he got it. Unless you still.have the governer on your car.

Not but I did 110mph+ in a FF micro hatchbag.
Driving fast in a more or less straight line isn´t hard.

>2002 Audi TT
yes that is fast...for a lady

>revs left means the car could go faster
Not if your speed is limited by aerodynamic drag.

I don't think you could get a eco box car fast enough for drag to matter. But you do speak truth about drag. Are you driving a box van? I had a Cabover UD tow truck doing 87 and still gaining speed down hill. That was the most asshole puckering experience ever would not recommend

My econobox drives faster in the 4th gear than in the 5th gear, 110mph is the maximum.

Sounds like you are hitting the limiter not the top speed of what the engine can do. It also sounds like.your 5th is an OD gear not a true next gear. I have no way to test or prove this though

>hitting the limiter not the top speed
I still have 500rpm left to the rev limiter in 4th and can gain speed if I go downhill.
>5th is an OD gear not a true next gear
It isn´t more distance from gear 4 to 5 than from 3 to 4.

The maximum speed is limited by the drag my car produces when I drive.

I've gone somewhere around 95 in an XJ, couldn't tell exactly cuz the speedo topped at 85

Truck has a limiter at 106. Shouldn't be going that fast but I live on some pretty smooth straights.

Well user since I have no way to science this and can only assume you have tested it. Ill.just take your word for it.

Get bigger engine or turbo

It´s a econobox, if I would like to go faster i`d be better of if I´d buy another car/bike.
Sadly I´m a poorfag student.

A boeing 747 has more drag than a vehicle, no? Than why is it able to go faster then an automobile by your logic?

The combination of drag versus available power is what is limiting. Depending on his engine RPM and power band revving higher could either decrease or increase the speed. More power always means more speed.

110mph in a Toyota Pickup on I-90 in Montana.

>hit 80
>steering wheel starts shaking violently

I did 100 in my Focus the other day

That van wouldnt be legal on our roads. Our strict registration and condition laws ensure that the cars dont fall apart at 200+kph

If you're a pussy, sure.

Hit 135 in an 84 firebird but it was pretty scary, I hit a bump my rear end bounced and apparently lost traction because when it touched back down the tires chirped and I semi fish tailed.

Hit 115-120 routinely in my 79 camaro. With old friends bodies that can't turn 110+ is a little scary

Pic related RIP firebird, blew the engine and sold it for 350

Whoa 100mph! You must of been late for your first hair styling appointment of the day.

This literal box of shit would do 100+ all day even with 0 psi of oil pressure. My Suzuki shitbox is turning less than 4000rpm at those speeds. Both were/are perfectly stable even with clapped out suspension.

depends what your driving.

A 70's land barge? 90's American shitbox? big ol truck/suv?
Very fast

Any kind of sporty car, or basically anything made with in the last 10 years?
not really

I already run 6000rpm, wich is peak power of my engine at those speeds, if I would reduce the drag I could be faster.

Yeah that's fair but the earlier argument was in too general terms

nah its basically cruising speed of my car even on shitty aussie rural roads

my taurus 2003 wagon can hit 100mph without any real problems. feel stable and fine.

My old 1st gen Scion tC holds up well at 100 mph. It doesn't feel like ice skates or anything. Fastest is a bit over 125 when I was 19, on a dry night when there was nothing ahead of me for miles on the I-5.