R8 my new car fam

BMW 325i, everything works, for only $3k.

Did I do good, Veeky Forums?

Veeky Forums rotating my photos, sorry for that.

>automatic

Nope.

Go buy a water pump, thermostat, expansion tank, jug of coolant, intake boots, vacuum lines and a valve cover gasket and just leave them in your garage.

source: e46 330i owner, been there done that

Automatic and 5-gear manual transmission.
Try again.

Thanks for the advice, I already have half of that

1/10

You're not even trying.

""""""""manual""""""""" transmission

kekkerz muh pekkerz bruh

>buying a 3k bmw

I hope you have plenty of money saved up for repairs. But hey at least you don't drive a Honda, Toyota or Ford, you drive a

BEE!
EM!
DUBYA!!!

ps: still living with your parents huh?

kek I flip the stick and I have sequential 5-gears, let me pretend

Off to college present.

Kill yourself. It's very easy to find manual e46.

But it's ok because you're immature and will crash it showing off to friends so nothing of value will be lost.

>Projecting this hard
Why are you so sad, friendo?

my friend had one just like yours, bought it on the cheap too.

All I can say is that

BAHAHAHAHAHA THIS FUCKIN' RETARD

Sell it now while it drives lmao

Saw it close to where I was for $3k in pretty good shape, some minor dinks.
Thought about flipping it, but it's a nice car aesthetically speaking and I really have nothing better other than a constantly breaking down Grand Vitara my brother has.

Seeing some hostility against the car, what's shit about it? I'm a /k/ fag, so I can't claim to know much about consumer cars.

>I'm a piece of shit I get it

Is BMW basically a richfag meme manufacturer?

Because I've seen the same against Cadillacs and I know people who have really dependable ones.

I'm not projecting. You remember all those threads in the past couple months of faggots crashing their cars? That'll be you.

You did good OP, except for

>SMG

Other than that, enjoy.

Its gonna give you a heap of expensive problems, and those automatic/semi manual transmissions REALLY shit the bed hard, especially when you play with the manual mode.

I think the E46 is the last BMW you could really wrench on yourself without needing proprietary tools and some bs.

Even if it well maintained the transmission is shit, if you had a manual it would have lasted longer.

I'm not some run of the mill retard.
Although "hai guys lookit mai new car r8 my bee em dubya" kinda gives that off.

But why the hostility my man? Rough week?

Well shit. So the trans can go lemon on me at any given moment?

Why the hostility? You bought an automatic 3 series. What's the point? If you want a sports car you get a manual and if you want a comfy daily you don't get a 3 series.

Read

pretty much, especially if you touch the semi manual mode. So i recommend not fucking with it and hoping for the best. My friends was at the 130 to 160k miles mark when his started giving him problems. He spent a ton of money and time trying to fix it and ended up selling it for cheap. The motor was solid apparently

>sideways photo with flash
>automatic bmw
>$3k

no you did not do good.

You couldve got an automatic/manual economy car instead you got a $3k shitbucket.

So the worst part about the car is the current transmission? That's better than shit everything, I guess. Will I be okay with it if I just used automatic and not fucked with the "manual"?

Veeky Forums automatically rotated the pic. As for the car, I just know jack shit about cars, kek. Just hope it serves me well before I can flip it for something else after I get out of college. Apparently it ran fine for the people that owned it before me and they just got it inspected, so here's hoping it does the same for me.

>Apparently it ran fine for the people that owned it before me

They aren't gonna tell you it ran like shit, how the fuck would they sell it if they were honest about it?

>flip it for something else

You will not make a profit on this car.

Fair point. But the husband of the lady who sold it was pretty upset about selling it, so given that info it probably still worked really good and they themselves used it.

>~5.6k blue market value
Not too terrible.

>bought it for 3k
>implying you will get kbb value
>implying the value won't drop over time
>implying that adding another owner onto this car's history won't drop the value lower

Can't argue against smug anime girl reaction images.

You're re verse is going to fail very very soon, unless it already did. Be wary, the reverse is the first to go out then the whole tranny.

The 5hp19 is not a bad transmission as long as the fluid has been changed regularly. Common failures are the torque converter seal, reverse drum cracks, and more rarely the front pump bushing wears out and the shift pressure modulator solenoid wears out. All except the reverse drum stem from low fluid level or poor fluid quality. As for the reverse drum, these trannys take a tiny bit longer to fully shift into reverse and if you stomp on the gas right away it "shocks" the reverse drum and will eventually break it. The torque converter seal and reverse drum were revised as well so if you have a later build or a rebuilt one it may have the more stout parts.

For proper fluid it specs "Esso LT71141" which is actually a semi-syn. long-life version of Dexron III (similar to III-H). Valvoline Maxlife DexMerc is fully synthetic and and works well in these transmissions if you don't want to buy the esso stuff at $40/L or whatever it is. Castrol Import Multi-Vehicle or Pennzoil Synthetic Multi also work well.

GTFO sadist weaboo trash

You fucked it up. Having fun paying again if not more dollars for maintain this shit

>muh reliability memes
lmao Veeky Forums is so full of brainwashed retards.

Well if you had gotten it in high school I would have said yes cause bitches love a beamer even if it is a piece of shit one. But no. It will be a nightmare for you soon enough.

no you nigger

Stop right there

Its just a fucjing conventional automatic transmission with a torque converter

I dont know where all of these people are coming from with the semi manual or smg bs, but that transmission can be rebuild with a common kit and are solid, being a zf unit.

I've driven mine in """manual""" mode since 2004 (230k kms) without problems tho.

Fucking why...