/fhg/ For Honor General

show me your honor Veeky Forums - post tech test edition

Other urls found in this thread:

venturebeat.com/2016/09/19/ubisoft-for-honor-has-biggest-closed-alpha-test-in-company-history/
youtu.be/FZO4iyF51f0?t=17m49s
forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1537142-P2P-is-terrible?p=12128374
youtu.be/m4V_0NPiIMI?t=27m40s
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Oglaf is a miracle of the universe.

For Honor kinda surprised

Still might buy it but it feels like it might be DOA

venturebeat.com/2016/09/19/ubisoft-for-honor-has-biggest-closed-alpha-test-in-company-history/

I think it has a good chance of being the opposite of DOA

of course February/march is PACKED so we'll see

God I hope the finished game will be fun.

The as someone who's been in 4 tests. Each test has significantly increased the time to find matches. Plus base numbers of players have been declining every test, but could just be the same testers being somewhat burnt out (Or their friends)

If For Honor wants be relevant for time to come, it will need dedicated servers though. P2P isn't ideal for a duel oriented game like this.

They also really need to fucking fix the menus.

I love the game, but the first time I played it (last Alpha) I almost quit just because of the menus.

They're so poorly designed.

As long as it's p2p it will be dead in a year, months if they fuck up the class balance.

Its just painful to fight quicker classes knowing its P2P. Sometimes parries feel like luck and the real nail in the coffin is when a peacekeeper or valk finds out they've got a little bit of lag and start mashing.

>Play OP shit
>Feel entitled
Every time

My favorite is when you're playing some laggy piece of shit Orochi and he keeps teleporting around, yet he can parry everything you do.

Okay guys, this is really important. Did the female warden still have this majestic strut for normal walking animations in this test? youtu.be/FZO4iyF51f0?t=17m49s

I'm asking because my game didn't, I thought they changed it but maybe it was a bug since apparently nobody else noticed a change in animations.

this game taps directly into the dark souls duelling scene imo

this shit is way more fun than dork souls 1on1 as well

>No Male Peacekeeper
>No Male Valkyrie
>No Female Shugoki

That is lame. I want to be Jack of Blades and then a big fat asian woman who crushes men to death.

test over?

B-but you get delicate Nobushi waifu instead senpai

>Male Valkyrie
nigga

Its bad when its any agile/assassin side dashes turn into teleports. I normally don't have problems with them but there were some fights that made want to beg for servers.

I understand the name, but come on. If you're going to let me be a female Warden or Raider, let me be a male Peace Keeper or female Shugoki.

Either got the whole way or not at all, Ubisoft.

could have named the class einherjar, but then you'd have people questioning why a female viking with a spear and shield isn't named valkyrie

P2P IS ideal for duels, it just needs to have actual focus on the netcode and ensure equal lag

reminder to pester Ubi about dedicated servers here:

forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1537142-P2P-is-terrible?p=12128374

don't let yourselves get involved with the retards defending p2p though

Because Valkyries aren't real. She isn't literally a Valkyrie. If she was, she'd be flying around and taking niggas to Valhalla literally (not just figuratively by killing them).

ftfm

slightly cleaned up

nope still looking for duels

uplay: readhed

so duels still works? how?

>not keeping up with the dankest new memes

Call it an Einherjar.
Boom, you're done.

So is readhed both the newest meme and our best player?

we'll see after they nerf shoulder bash

But they already nerfed shoulder bash.

bet you can't shoulder bash me
uplay: CuteAnimeGirl

>Warden shoulder bashes
>Roll away, sprint to from point A to point C
>Warden glides across the battle
>Grunts getting flung away by the crusading Warden
>Screams in terror as the unstoppable knight zeroes in on my location
>"DEUS VULT!!!!!!!!!" he screams as he lands his shoulder bash
>then procedes to slice me twice like some fine deli meat.
>this repeats for the whole match

Was Orochi that bad in the beta where they just dunked him into the ground?

youtu.be/m4V_0NPiIMI?t=27m40s
>27:40
>people defended this

You know the backstab counter thing, the fucker could counter any attack with that shit, orochi fags would just do that all the time, it's where the "throw weeks off cliffs" thing started

animations are way cooler

but it didn't look all that menacing to me. Pretty much on the same level as what I saw from Orochi this beta.

In the previous beta, which the video is of, you did not need to dodge to pull it off. All you had to do was land a normal parry.

Just in case the Mr. Nobushi I fought didn't see it from the now pruned thread because of the penises in the OP's image on /v/.

>It was the first time I ever fought a Nobushi in a Duel scenario. It was a good learning experience as I slowly gathered that Nobushi is in her element when the opponent is being aggressive, which is where you fucked my ass in 2 of the 4 previous rounds. Again, fantastic match dude. Really got my blood pumping and honestly I couldn't believe I won.

Kind of weird being mentioned highly in somebody's posts.

actually, not a normal parry. the orochi could still normally parry but what you had to do was start your block at the parry timing

Oh god that's even easier

Einherjar aren't real either.

yeah it was piss easy

Okay class it's review time
Give me your:
Main
One good thing about your main
One bad

And
The class you hate fighting the most and why

Main: Warden
Good: Has an answer to basically everything, good toolkit
Bad: Simple toolkit means he can be outplayed easily

Hate fighting Nobushi the most
I am just not quite sure what to do to them and a good Nob player will always be away from my slow ass warden

Conqueror
His fucking great animations
His lack of anything really great in his kit
Orochi still. Orochi's dash attacks and heavies are faster than my lights, my lights that do a fraction of the damage Orochi's lights do.

I wish I could answer this honestly. I wasn't invited to the tech test and have never played the class I plan to main.

Hated Orochi for that parry window and movement speed.

>LAWBRINGER
He's a big guy and bullies people who deserve it.

He's slow as fuck and sometimes can't always follow up to guardbreaks, knockdowns, or parries

My man. Lawbringer gets a lot of shit around here for how awesome he is.

General rule of them against Nobushi for any class.

Do not be aggressive, their entire kit punishes aggression. Just waddle up to them and block their shit, then try and punish with a basic combo or guardbreak. This worked for me against a guy on /v/ who was literally only beaten by me as a Warden when he was a Nobushi.

Warden: Just needs a stab attack, he's fine the way he is even with the Mordhau stuff going on but no stabs. He has a whole sword and he doesn't stab!

Peacekeepers, if those fuckers get a lucky grab or some laggy light spam they'll get me.

*rule of thumb.

hey that's me!

last test i called for nerf to orochi because it was too strong

this test they took too much of the kit away and i'm not talking about the OP deflect mechanic from last test

nice strawman though! care to discuss it or is actual discussion too scary for you?

Ok then elaborate
>they took too much of the kit away
Go on

Not him, but recent videos I've watched have had less Orochi wins than I used to see. Just thought those who aren't samurai scum were finally getting good.

I have two mains because I'm a fag.

>Main #1
Conqueror

He is a lot of fun to play and it feels great to outplay people with him.

However, he is incredibly basic and predictable, and overall one of the weaker classes.

>Main #2
Peacekeeper

She is also fun to play, and I enjoy her hit and run style. She is very mobile, she is is a far call from someone like the Conqueror. It's probably why I enjoy her.

However, she suffers tremendously from lag. The instant the enemy is laggy, you probably lose. You're going to dodge or parry, but still get hit and lose half your health, then they teleport around a bit and you get hit with a heavy that you can't possibly see coming.

Overall, the class I hate fighting the most is probably Valkyrie. She feels like the best of every class rolled into one.

you've made no arguments for me to discuss

i'm not going to talk with myself only for you to cherry pick and troll

Lawbringer.

He's really fun, his unblockables allow you to pretty much set the pace of the fight through resetting and flipping/throwing the fuck out of your opponent.

The moves used to reset and throw your enemy around do no damage. He's too slow to ever land an overhead heavy on anyone, even with feinting. He throws his opponents too far, so that when you do so, you aren't able to follow up with an attack. Likewise too slow to do it after parries and guardbreaks.

For being as fun to play as he is, holy shit, a lot of things about this character need to be fixed or else he's going to be probably the 2nd or 3rd worst in the game.

Main: Berserker
Good: If i get a Guard Break it's GG
Bad: Too bad that there isn't enough active frames in his side dash to make use of the deflect for said free Guard Breaks

Class I hate fighting the most:
Lawbringers, my infinite chain don't ever fucking work on them because they just interrupt it and smack me every time
Not to mention anything that isn't my side attack is a free parry to them

I asked you to elaborate on a claim that you made. You said that they took away from his kit.
>this test they took too much of the kit away and i'm not talking about the OP deflect mechanic from last test

What did they take away? If you can't explain or back up your claim then don't make it in the first place.

>She feels like the best of every class rolled into one.
That's what im trying to tell people.
No matter how much they nerf her speed it's not gonna change the fact that she just has too much to work with for ever situation

I really don't understand why his flip does no damage for the startup it has
Can you even hit them with anything after doing it?

It certainly feels like no matter the distance or scenario, Valkyrie can knock you on your ass and land two strikes while you're down.

Nope, you get just enough time to GB and R1 them, but that's it.

that wasn't my original claim that you took a screenshot of, ran like a little bitch and posted here to make yourself feel better about losing to too many Orochis

you don't even know all the changes that were made yet i'm the "entitled crying shitter"

No, you fucking can't.

Unless you manage to get a overhead heavy landed (stuns the enemy) before using Long Arm, which you're only ever going to be able to do against people playing their first match of the game, ever.

i literally laughed out loud when i saw her light attacks counter, her dodges counter/deflect and how she has like 2 different bashes.
oh and also bleeds

like, i am SURE they will take some moves away

>they can counter your guard-break as soon as you do it

FUCK YOU, UBI

Have they done that to any of the classes?
Even Orochi still has the deflect, it's just harder to do now

So when /fhg/ says Lawbringer is a bully, they mean he throws people around and is a general nuisance on the battlefield?

Answer the fucking question you downie holy shit.

Yeah, but he can't actually damage players often if they know what you're doing.

The BEST thing I've found to do is play him aggressively and hammer the ever-loving fuck out of his dash/bash maneuver to interrupt the enemy and open them up for a light attack. Nothing else seems to work against decent players.

Literally 80% of his moves are pretty worthless against skilled opponents. The bash itself is pretty easy to dodge as well.

He's absolute trash in a 1v1.

So you can't back up the claim you made or tell me what about him is over nerfed
coming from the guy who said
>nice strawman though! care to discuss it or is actual discussion too scary for you?
that's hilarious

Lawbringer's staggers and stuns really need to give him larger windows of opportunity for an attack. It's ridiculous that Valk can shit out 2-3 hits after a stun and yet LB can't even get in one heavy when he flips a stupid nigger who didn't dodge.

>if they know what you're doing.
*they're

sorry, pulled an all-nighter to wrap up some assignments and never went to bed.

This.
He can annoy you to no end but that ultimately doesn't matter when he does no fucking damage

>What did they take away?

This is disheartening to read. I planned (and still plan) to main Lawbringer. Going to be hard to contribute if all I can do is knock an enemy off balance.

I still intend to practice and get good with him, but I don't know how good I'll be.

Agreed, it was incredibly fucking frustrating to me that opponents were able to get up essentially instantly after landing on the ground again after Long Arm.

Either increase the speed of his overhead heavy attacks if you're supposed to be stunning first, every time, or make Long Arm cause a stun itself. This shit is ridiculous - they can literally block, dodge, and parry again before you're able to punish them for letting you get the reversal off. The advantage you gain just melts instantaneously.

>i plan to main lawbringer
you better become a god of parrying

Balance is always subject to change.

He's likely going to be reworked by the next beta.

I hope so. Because my friend is going to be playing too. We plan to duel a lot. And he's going to main Warlord.

this.

His parry/riposte is one of the very few opportunities he has to do damage, and even then it's fucking nothing.

Hopefully they'll change it, we just need to be vocal on the FH forums about how shit he is currently.

You can still beat other players with him - I've killed each of the classes this thread whines about as Lawbringer in 1v1s - but the more skilled an opponent becomes, the worse of a time you're going to have.

I've had to be incredibly fucking creative to get some of those wins off anyway.

Oh well, fighting other lawbringers feels really good at least, looks and feels about like knightly combat probably actually looked - lots of grappling and blows to the face.

i can back it up, hell i can link you to posts on the forum you ran from that are discussing it

but i won't, because you're an ass

do you really think you can go through life insulting people from shadows and when you get caught you're magically owed some kind of respect or explanation?

i asked if you wanted to discuss, you're discussing nothing and expecting me to discuss everything, i'm not your mother so get off my tit.

until you start putting up your side of a discussion i'm gonna keep shit posting

That is a good point about Lawbringer when compared to Valk. Either take away Valks free hits on trip or give it to Lawbringer.

Something I find funny is that some pissy spear trip can knock over giant viking and knight heroes probably breaking 300lbs.

remember that this was the first beta outing for all classes

we will for sure see changes done.
if lawbringer underperformed, they'll bring him up

especially since the nerf slowed it down to half speed.
she does it in slowmo now

Holy shit, this guy is autistic.

Just answer the god damn question, you don't get to make a claim and then never provide any supporting evidence.

I think you just know that you're talking out of your ass and that Orochi is perfectly fine. Shut the fuck up, weeb nerd.

>i can back it up
>but i won't

If they do, it'll need to be carefully done. I want a balanced class, not an OP one. All we need is for them to overcompensate and then we have Valkyrie in a suit of armor.

do you not have access or something? there's a fucking thread about it in the character forum

>calls me entitled
>demands I teach the scrub

I mean
If you play him right in Skermish or Elimination with a team he is pretty boss with all the CC he puts out

I once had one with an entier enemy team on one side as we stod behind him on a bridge and he didn't let them fucking pass until he depleted him of stamina

We won that fight because we just had time to revive everyone lol

From what little balancing they've done so far it's going pretty alright. Valk was clearly out of line so they did an emergency cross the board nerfs to speed and reach. Orochi got toned down from last test to where a skilled player still excels with him.

is drifters for honor the anime?

I can't log into ubi's shitty forums from mobile, won't be home for a couple hours.

Why can't you just make an argument for yourself? Do you have to parrot others all the damn time? Are you literally too god damn stupid to think for yourself?

i think the development studio for this is pretty adept at balancing.
just seeing how many alpha and betas they put into peoples hands and how careful they are with getting as much data as they can makes me hopeful

they also got their starplayers constantly playing the new builds and testing/talking about stuff

i mean, lawbringer basically just needs his throws and bashes to give a tiny bit better opportunity to damage and he should be fine really.

Nigga

I fucking wish
Then i could rape elves and crusade at the same time