ITT: Choose a car from each decade you'd be willing to own

ITT: Choose a car from each decade you'd be willing to own.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dkytX2A1bO0
youtube.com/watch?v=aD2ZgHrFLCw
youtube.com/watch?v=FhPeG-6ujGE
youtube.com/watch?v=dtmku2Lw5es
youtube.com/watch?v=rTJPDurLEKw
static.cargurus.com/images/site/2009/11/21/09/04/1968_plymouth_barracuda-pic-8132255589160838271.jpeg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Template

Fug, an actually nice and interesting thread idea. Will have to post once I know my answers.

too bad I'm yuropoor, my absolute dream car is the 67 eldorado with 8.2l v8 or 71 sedan deville with very rare optional 8.2l v8

this was easy

is that a morgan on the first picture?

yes

80s AW11
90s E30
00s NB mx5
10s Honda Fit

is that a jaguar on the second picture?

yes

Forgot to mention that you'll only be able to own the cars you put in the image until the next decade rolls around.

is that a porsche on the third picture?

Im too lazy to keep going along with this

Morgan
Jaguar
Porsche
Porsche
Porsche
RUF
Porsche
RUF
Porsche

Can't believe i wasted so much time on this but good thread and hopefully it picks up steam.

>all that wasted empty white space

took all that time and i still fucked it up.

>8.2l V8
>200HP

The 70's were great

here's mine op

>Stock green two-tone S13
Excellent taste. Was going to choose that myself.

80's
not to techy and not to mechy.

It's the best looking Silvia imo

>Pre-war
1937 Chrysler Imperial 5.3 Flathead
>1940s
1946 Dodge Power Wagon
>1950s
1959 Plymouth Fury Sport Coupeville 361ci
>1960s
1969 Dodge Coronet Super Bee
>1970s
1970 Dodge Charger 500
>1980s
1986 Shelby GLHS
>1990s
1994 Dodge Stealth R/T Twin Turbo
>2000s
2007 Dodge Ramsey SRT-10
>2010s
2015 Dodge Viper ACR

I Fucking hate autocorrect.

im surprised no one chose a mclaren f1, ferrari f40/f50 enzo, lambo miura yet.

Why have any of those when I could have a giant slab of American Steel and too much displacement?

probably because thats like one of the most boring lists you could do

Not everyone is into supercars.

>every gta5 player ever

Here.

go back to r/cars faggot

>those niggermobiles in the end
absolutely disgusting

Got you user :^)
See . 80s was hard as fuck to me so I picked the one that I desired the most, but it could have been
>F40
>3rd gen Trans Am
>Corvette C4
>Lamborghini Jalpa
>Porsche 930
>AMG Hammer
>Ferrari 308
>Ferrari 288
>Porsche 959

I'd think being "le ironic xd" would be a reddit thing
You can't call yourself a car enthusiast if you haven't looked at a supercar with lust

>Posts the 80s as fuck version of the Countach

It's a 1979 :^)
My 90s pick is 80s as fuck too.

Oh and my 00s pick is 80s as fuck too hahahaha
I was going to pick a Zonda but then I said "fuck the 2000s" and picked the G-wagen

Oh fug, it's actually 80s, it has the bulge
let me correct my mistake

>5000
lel, I fucked up even further

Pre WW3: 1934 Chrysler Airflow
40's: 1949 Ford Coupe
50's: 1957 Plymouth Fury Christine replica\
60's: 1967-1969 Chevrolet Camaro Z28
70's: 1976 Lancia Scorpion
80's: 1984-1988 Pontiac Fiero
90's: 1991-1993 Toyota Celica GT-Four ST185
00's: 2007-2013 Suzuki SX4 Turbo
10's: 2013-2015 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE

Nice weaboo shit, nerd

I think the m2 is a little overkill, so I went for a m235 for the 2010's

>90% American stuff
>2 Japanese cars
>1 Italian car
>Weeaboo
no. You need to recheck your definitions bub. Aside from the Toyota, Suzuki, and Lancia, that list is all American.

>Aside from the Toyota, Suzuki, and Lancia, that list is all American.
Only because the japs started making half decent cars in the late 80s

is that a porsche on the fourth picture?

pretty much. Before that, they were quirky and reliable, but aside from the Datsun Z cars and the rare 2000GT, they didn't make anything interesting.

Is that a porsche on the fifth picture?

That's a 1970's Ghia not a 50's one the lights and air intakes are all wrong for the 50's cars.

>pre war is one generation
End your life.

All but the first 2 images are Porsche's/

Nice picks

>Suzuki SX4 Turbo
You're joking right?

>you can't call yourself a car enthusiast if you don't like supercars

Or maybe i prefer stuff that's cheaper to work on

>You're joking right?
nope. Road Race Motorsports makes a turbo kit for the car that was sold through Suzuki dealers for the SX4.
They made a few concept cars to promote it.
youtube.com/watch?v=dkytX2A1bO0
youtube.com/watch?v=aD2ZgHrFLCw
youtube.com/watch?v=FhPeG-6ujGE

all the parts used to build the concepts were also available at the dealer or at Road Race Motorsports.
The idea was to strike a deal with an aftermarket performance parts company to make performance parts for the car that could be sold at the dealership as add-on accessories that wouldn't void the warranty, similar to what Scion did with TRD.
The overall idea was to use that one company to help establish the SX4 in the American tuner car scene, court the car modders and hopefully boost sales of the car.

It didn't work and Suzuki left the US market after 2013, but Road Race Motorsports still offers all the parts from their Suzuki partnership.

Overall, the SX4 was a promising base for a tuner car. very reliable, well built 2.0L I4 that takes boost well, available in FWD or AWD, an IRS, and they have great chassis dynamics making them as fun to drive as just about any Mazda.

Why the 1LE and not the superior ZL1?

Already got my other dream 70s car so...

I don't worship the temple of horsepower. I'm perfectly fine with a N/A track weapon with the great noise of a GM V8. The ZL1 is only faster due to the supercharger and magnetic suspension, which I could live without.
youtube.com/watch?v=dtmku2Lw5es
youtube.com/watch?v=rTJPDurLEKw

450hp is a lot of power, don't be mistaken. That's more power than a late 90s 911 turbo or almost as much as a Ferrari f40

2010-2015 Camaro SS's had either 426 HP or 400 HP depending on the transmission. Automatics were rated lower.
2016+ Camaro SS's are the ones with 450 HP

Wish I could put MR2 or 964, but fuck it, roast me
>decade garage, normie edition

>only one slot for pre-WW2
>expecting me to own 70s or 80s horse shit instead

>Preferring tin pieces of shit to the excellent engineering of the 70s and 80s

You mean coke fueled, rattly, early plastic adopters madness.

nice taste
t. testarossa guy

testarossa guy here, 1940s to 1960s and 1990s were all cars I considering posting

nice merc ripoff lol

>coke fueled
>implying there's anything wrong with that

>choose a car from each decade
>A CAR

>ignore others who posted truccs
>bitches about mine

Why

>A

Oh wait fuck now I know what you meant.... Disregard your (You)

I'd take the MOPAR and the Ferd of the 2 split ones tbqh

too tired to play this. Awesome idea tho.

I'll take
Alfa Quadrifoglio for 2010's
E39 M5 for 2000's and
Gt r34 nismo for 90's.
for 80's - 288 GTO master race
for 70's - De Tomaso Pantera
for 60's - 1968 SUPER STOCK HEMI BARRACUDA

static.cargurus.com/images/site/2009/11/21/09/04/1968_plymouth_barracuda-pic-8132255589160838271.jpeg

for 50's and earlier - dunno. Might update. Whatever is most valuable so I can sell it and buy new cars.

LaFerrari for 2010's
Lambo Reventon for 2000's
Mclaren F1 for 90's
288 GTO for 80's
Miura for 70's
for 60's - 1968 SUPER STOCK HEMI BARRACUDA

I made a little update.

Yeah, it's almost like my tastes aren't that of a 15 year old.

>when a 15 year old has better taste than you
Must feel bad

And Id drive them no mercy style.

Corner bakery?
Lets take the Miura

Pizza date in Italy?
Take the LaFe

Night cruise?
Reventon shadow mode or Cuda, depending how many ppl I want to wake up.

Id use F1 for towing my 288 GTO

hahahahaha

Love this game. Make more similar stuff.

>t. 15 year old

Yeah bro, sikkkk lambo pictures on your bedroom wall.

>1930 Lancia Lambda S.8
>1940 Tatra 87
>1955 Citroen 15CV Traction Avant
>1962 Pontiac Tempest
>1973 Citroen DS23
>1989 Dodge Caravan Turbo
>1999 Lexus LS400
>2009 Toyota Land Cruiser 70
>2017 Tesla Model S 100D
Too much of a perfectionist to hack up an MS Paint image on this crummy laptop with no access to Photoshop. Generally feeling unhappy about several of my choices.

>Too much of a perfectionist to hack up an MS Paint image on this crummy laptop with no access to Photoshop.
pixlr.com/editor
You're welcome
>Generally feeling unhappy about several of my choices.
Same, would be easier for me if it was 1 car from each year in the 80s
t. testarossa guy

>1990s
Is that a weird Diablo?

that's Cizeta Moroder V16T

no

the Diablo is a weird Cizeta

Yeah, you don't like supercars, sure. You'd rather have some shitbox even if you could afford them, we all know that's true.

I generally don't feel a particular way about many eras of cars which in my eyes haven't brought forth mentionworthy technological achievements. I'd only get a post 1990 car for daily driving or utility, not collectability, apart from the Tesla. In return there are earlier decades where several cars spark my interest. Luckily I was able to cram three pre-war cars in there because they maintained production during or after the war, but I'd have even more in mind.

It's a Cizeta V16T. Look it up. Literal V16 engine.

some of us actually don't care about the dick waving contest that supercars are and are perfectly fine with the sizes of our dicks

They're boring AF m8. They're objects of amusement for the people who build them and 12 year olds.

They also arr rook same. 3/4 of them are all the same humped wedge. Not even visually interesting. A 900hp AMC I6? That's interesting.

Super cars are amazing, but they literally exist for kids to put posters on their walls and old fucks to take out to C&C once a year and wreck. To the average automotive enthusiast they are completely impractical. You can't even work on most of them, and why would you considering how expensive they are to begin with.

So no, I don't give a fuck about any of those and they don't fit the bill for a dream car.

Fuck off Rob.

>Implying an air cooled 911 isn't far more interesting than the latest Ferrari Diabloghini Testa-roaster.

beat me to it guys
t. testarossa guy
I know how you feel, although I'm not crazy about most pre-war or 40s cars. I have a thing for huge cars with huge wheels like the Bugatti I posted though. And perhaps I could have picked a '59 Cadillac instead of the 507, but it's so exclusive that if I could have any 50s car I'd probably still pick the 507. I thought about putting the Traction Avant too but again it's too common. The Alfa from the 60s doesn't fully make me crazy about it but again, the other options are relatively common cars. Thinking about it I'd probably rather get a Ferrari Daytona.
Also just found out the 540K was produced until 1940, I'd get a 540K-Autobahnkurier instead of that Alfa.

Sure thing. I may be a poorfag but at least I have the sincerity to admit I'd love to have certain cars that are only available to the wealthiest of the world. I am well aware I would never want to step out of a Lambo.
Air cooled 911s aren't out of the menu. They're still cars for the elite. My pick? 930. Posting a Gemballa just for the lulz.

>Sure thing. I may be a poorfag but at least I have the sincerity to admit I'd love to have certain cars that are only available to the wealthiest of the world.

You're the type of person that goes full nigger when they get some money. You fucking admit it yourself, you like the cars because they're a status symbol for your poor ass, not because of the characteristics of the vehicle.