I'm picking up my car tomorrow, it's a 2010 Mazdaspeed 3 (MPS or whatever) what should i know/do first. also AMA

i'm picking up my car tomorrow, it's a 2010 Mazdaspeed 3 (MPS or whatever) what should i know/do first. also AMA
>pic related looks like this

Is it stock?
t. Guy who works on speed3s from time to time.

Why MPS over the new model?

yup, bone stock. no sketchy mods. the owner before me was an ass hat and cut the springs to lower it because redneck town, but the dealer is replacing them and some other stuff for the saftey. im essentially getting a brand new car.

it's my "affordable dream car". sure theres lambo and stuff, but i don't have $500,000. i've liked these things since i was a kid.

I love the 3's too. I own the sp25, Couldn't be bothered with the maintenance and insurance of a MPS since i'm a male whos under 25 which insurance would cost 3k easily.

also, if you work on hem maybe you'll know. there was a problem with speed 6s where the fuel pump wouldn't work well enough after prolonged 6th gear driving (highway and shit) and you'd essentially fuel starve the engine after a minute, is that a speed 3 problem too?

my insurance is $315 a month with this thing, also male under 25.

I'm only paying $89 a month with my sp25. Full comp.

i fucking wish, speeding tickets kinda fucked that up for me

2nd gen wasnt as much of a problem but it should still be your first mod.
The stock fuel pump can handle stock power and no more.
Move on to a tuner after that.
The front mount
Then turbo if you still need more

Rekt. I have a clean record and I've been with RACV since I was 16 so I get a bit of a discount. Plan on doing mods to it? I don't feel like modding mine.

thanks, i'll keep that in mind. also what do you think of the cobb access port? worth it or naw?

not sure yet, i'll probably leave it stock for a while then do some small stuff. nothing huge

OP here, about to leave for work. picking it up after that. will make new thread with pics of car. thanks again guys

>sports car
>FWD

Pick 1 (one)

>cobb access port? worth it or naw?

The tunes are safe yes, the best thing about them is that they allow you to do a lot of data logging and easily get custom tunes from tuners offline to then flash to your car. I always recommend them honestly to go with your basic bolt ons for when you first start doing mods.

(speed 6 owner)

The MZR is pretty reliable, but be careful when you mod. Regardless, all forged internals can handle a fuckton of boost and upgrades. If you turn up boost, make sure to get a tune. The first mods you should do: (Listen out, please.)

>Ram Air Intake (Corksport specifically)
The stock airbox for the MZR sucks dick. You'll free up over 10hp and you can actually hit 30mpg on the highway after you get a tune with one on.

>New motor mounts
The engine with new mounts wont smack against the firewall while shifting quick in high RPM, and your shifting will be waaaaaayyy smoother.

Some tips:
>When driving normally, dont boost it.
Shift at 2000-2500 rpm, You're city fuel economy will be above 20mpg, and your turbo will be under less stress.

>Turbo starts to spool at 2500, full boost at 3000
If you shift at the 2500-3000rpm range, you'll be spooling the turbo. The MZR doesn't like little hits of boost, it wants it all. (Problems can happen) Make sure to hit peak boost at 3000 if you want to shift in that range, anything higher is fine.

And finally, don't floor it in six gear. All manual owners know this, but fuck atleast downshift to fifth.

There you go user! Enjoy your speed3. I have a 2007 Mazdaspeed 3 with 95k miles and owned for 2 years. No problems at all, except I had to replace my AC Compressor.

How's it feel driving the worst awd system ever installed into a car?

Your turbo shit the bed yet?

Your lethargic OEM dampers shit the bed yet?

I owned one for a few months, worst purchase I ever made

The stock tune is awful
The shifter feel is meh
The motor mounts will fuck themselves and then rattle the car apart

>If you shift at the 2500-3000rpm range, you'll be spooling the turbo. The MZR doesn't like little hits of boost, it wants it all. (Problems can happen) Make sure to hit peak boost at 3000 if you want to shift in that range, anything higher is fine.
Have you actually ever driven a turbocharged vehicle ever?

You clearly know fuck all about ms6

Stop breathing

>You clearly know fuck all about ms6
Really.
>If you shift at the 2500-3000rpm range, you'll be spooling the turbo
You clearly know fuck all about how turbochargers operate.
The less fuckwits like you spreading false advice on the ears of the laymen the better.

So you think every single factory turbo spools exactly the same?

2/10 b8

>So you think every single factory turbo spools exactly the same?
Literally didn't say anything of that description you shitposting strawman.

Well the ms6 gets full boost by 3k

So what the fuck are you on about

>Well the ms6 gets full boost by 3k
At wide open throttle, sure. Unless you drive like a fuckwit, you're probably not hitting any positive boost by 3000rpm driving regularly.
Putting it under a heavy enough load to not only hit full boost, but then shift immediately after it does is a sure fire way to causing carbonizing issues.

Oh look, a retard

U r wrong m8
Just stop

>post on phone to avoid samefagging
Good job Mr Hacker known as Veeky Forums.

Jokes on you, I get paid to shitpost at work and only post from my phone

Still no good argument ?
Just admit your wrong and kys

>Still no good argument ?
There's only two possible reasons why you haven't managed to refute this you mouth breather. You either can't read, or you don't understand the content.

>I owned one for a few months, worst purchase I ever made

Sounds like you owned a piece of shit, I've had mine for three years running well over stock boost on the stock turbo as a daily with literally 0 problems.

OP again, dealerships systems shit the bed, no Mazda till tomorrow at noon. but holy shit did the thread blow up, thanks yall for the advice and the lols, keep it coming

Why are you a boyracer faggot?

where's that dumb piece of shit with the exact same car & that shills fwd in every one of his posts?

He's really not though... Do you understand how to car?

The Mps has 76 bhp more than the new s-touring (strongest engine currently available for the new 3)

t. econobox driver

We're also getting a 2009 Mazda 3...inherited from my mother in law that recently died, a 70 year old grandmother

it's not the same sports model...but will I look just as cool as OP?