Why the fuck are Acura RSX Type S so cheap ?

why the fuck are Acura RSX Type S so cheap ?
what the hidden disadvantage.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/2uFWHxJBRSQ
cargurus.com/Cars/inventorylisting/viewDetailsFilterViewInventoryListing.action?shopperListingsSearch=32700490#listing=159042275
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Its just a honda

its an acura bro... its like saying lexus instead of toyota.

No its a honda

Front wheel drive

It's a honda integra lol. Fwd

Leaky tailights and faulty window motors. Seriously, I went shopping with a friend to look at an RSX and the spare wheel well was just full of water.

It's worse than the previous generation.

thx for the heads up. i thought it was the car and then i looked at the price and it was just too low... so i was suspicious

i have a 9k budget and im looking for a car. something i can also drive in the winter safely...

"I say this as a former RSX Type S owner, super active clubrsx member, & track/autocross junkie:

Get an 06-07 Civic Si. The only benefits the RSX has over the Civic are the liftback & the acura badge

If you have to get the RSX, get the 02 Type S. The motor and 6-speed are worth it over the base. Mileage is basically identical, so all your extra 40 horsepower really costs is the extra $3.50-$4 a tank for premium. It's worth it.
The Si should be roughly the same price as the type-S give or take a grand, but you get several benefits for modding, driving in general, and overall comfort.
The Civic Si has a helical LSD transmission. The RSX has an open diff. The Si will get out first from every dig and be able to power out of every corner faster as a result. Putting an LSD in the RSX will cost you a minimum of $1200, ask me how I know.
The RSX has an awkward compromised front strut suspension. The Si still uses struts, but the kinks have been ironed out - it has more caster, hold camber better, and doesn't have the weird bumpsteer issues the Acura develops when lowered. It's much better stock too.
Tuning. If you eventually want to tune, Flashpro (what the Si uses)costs about $300 less than K-pro (what the RSX uses) for the same functionality. Plus, the Si has a better final drive and gearing, and more aggressive cams stock. Plus it makes more torque.
Creature comforts. For an Acura, the RSX is still mostly hard plastic inside. The leather is cheap feeling too. The Civics that I've been in have had better leather when equipped, and the cloth is still very good, and more soft touch points in the interior overall. Plus you might get optional nav, and they have an Aux in for the stereo, which is more than I can say for the RSX. I guess the plus is that it's much easier to swap the HU from the RSX to a more modern one than the Civic.

As a former owner, I hope that helps.
TL;DR. Get an 06 Si, but if you really want the RSX buy the Type S."

this was from 2yrs ago

youtu.be/2uFWHxJBRSQ

jesus man thanks for all the info.

Veeky Forums needs more people like you

youre welcome

thanks. I usually trip and whenever I try to help people out people usually ignore me or whatever.

3rd gear grinds or some shit
Premium fuel but still slow
No low end torque

It's a cool car but there's not much actual value in it. Civic SI pretty much the same thing.

it's a glorified em2 civic that burns oil if neglected. post your local craigslist.

cargurus.com/Cars/inventorylisting/viewDetailsFilterViewInventoryListing.action?shopperListingsSearch=32700490#listing=159042275

Wut you think of this one. Low mileage too

It was one of the cars I was targeting before I settled on my TT. There aren't many of them available in Norcal so the prices are jacked up. I shit you not 02's with 200K miles still sell for $6k here.

What does he mean by this?

fwd

did you read my post?

did you notice how it has quotes?

I never owned an RSX.

The only part of them that is worth anything is the engine and trany, for sweet K series swops into older Hondas or anything that is fail wheel drive, and MR2s.

get 05+ type s is better than 02
I put LSD in mine myself for 600

$8k isn't cheap tho
If you find one for less, tell me, I need it.