youtu.be/EBRrNzi3mWM)
catlikecoding.com/.
catlikecoding.com/
sfml-dev.org/download/sfml/2.4.1/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

me again cunts

New "Venice" level test

gonna make some gondolas and some weird obstacles for this world

NPC mechanic's pretty good looking already.

>things that force you to stop
No way man, that's not good for a game based around speed
Make them shoot at the player along the path so they have to move left or right to avoid them, not stop entirely

how much work have you put into camera collision detection/mitigation? Its always interesting to see how people deal with it.

Ballons are a nice addition. You seem to never dissapoint in making the game even more fun than it already is.

----[ Recap ]----
Game: Cyberpunk-y detective simulator
Dev: Jacques Guga
Tools: GameMaker, Manga Studio, Adobe Flash
Web: gugajoke.tumblr.com/
Holidays: Santa hat
Progress:
+ Made lots of assets
- Still didn't think of a name

----[ Recap ]----
Game: Space Carrier Ops
Dev: user
Tools: Unity, Max, Photoshop
Web: N/A
Holidays: santa hat
Progress:
+ Ultra basic HUD targets and targeting
+ Bombs and guns added
+ Ability to drop munitions before they go active
+ Support for multiple weapon types
+ Lots of refactoring over the course of the week
+ Explosion support with splash damage/impulse
+ Ability to reload while landed
+ Started work on turrets
- Targeting needs a total rethink, current system is very placeholder and restrictive

at the end of the credits a legend is reincarnated in a less trademark infringing form

srs though i hope to have him as a funnier easter egg at some point but i have not forgotten about speed simon

always love seeing progress on your game and desperately want to play it. agree with though. maybe have an alternating path around the obstacle that is harder but doesn't require you to stop?

>> Engines
>GameMaker: yoyogames.com/gamemaker
>Godot: godotengine.org
>Haxe: haxeflixel.com
>LÖVE: love2d.org
>UE4: unrealengine.com
>Unity: unity3d.com

tools.aggydaggy.com/engines

Because something like the OP shouldn't be used for personal preferences. Why Haxe but not Source, why Love but not XNA? And, the longer the OP is the less likely people are to actually read it. And, the aggydaggy site does a much better job of profiling the engines than just listing them. The OP should be like a newspaper recapping the latest news, not a catch-all workspace to shove anything that might be relevant to someone.

regulars don't read the OP
its for newcomers really

also could you put a trip or name on when you post so I can filter you?

------- FORMAT
----[ Recap ]----
Game: Throbot
Dev: Scarfdev
Tools: gm:s
Web: scarfdev.tumblr.com/
Holidays: santa hat
Progress:
+ made animations for carrying heavy shit
+ adjusting camera to show you more without being nausea inducing
- im trying to not suck at fighting games so that's taking a lot of time right now
- gotta start making actual enemies and level assets i guess
- still not sure what kind of levels i actually wanna have yet though

Bake in ambient occlusion and my textures almost become tolerable. Lack of shadows still means everything looks like it's floating though. No time to fix it though.

because source and XNA are absolute shit engines

Using Unreal Engine.
Want to achieve some sort of "paper doll" effect on 2d sprites, where switching armor/weapons will update the character model by swapping out the old piece with the new one that was equipped.
However, while this seems fine and can be reasonably accomplished with sockets, I'm wondering how this will work when animated.
I'm thinking the best way to implement this would be for each armor/weapon to have its own flipbook, and to have the frames synchronized with the main model (weapon plays through an 'attack' animation, along with all the other flipbooks that compose the sprite) to make it look like one cohesive unit.
Does anyone have any tips on this concept in general? Can this be done in Unreal?

>regulars don't read the OP
Because its full of minimally relevant and stale information. Imagine if it had who just launched their greenlight or kickstarter, or what new projects had debuted in the recap. And its not like having the engines list stops people from asking what engine they should use.

Replace Haxe with MonoGame, sure. There's no reason besides baiting shitposters to put Source in the OP, though, nobody actually uses it (just like Haxe).

What the hell is that animation even supposed to be?

you really need to learn art m8

>Get home from PROGRAMMING FOR 8 HOURS
>Struggle with trying to set up basic collision detection for 20 minutes
>Fuck around and just change up the velocity variance for loot drops to make them juicier instead
p-progress. . . .

>none of this is constructive feedback
wow guys just fuck off trying scare a hardworking yesdev away stop wasting his time why would he listen to you at all where's your game huh let's see your animation didn't think so go back to nodevving alone you dreamking pieces of shit

Agreed it looks BAD

you should stop making this shit and only work on that other chameleon game.

triggered

Same, except I'm trying to figure out a good architecture for targeting and managing all the targeting info needed. I think at this point it might be better to just shoot first and deal with the consequences later so that I have a better idea of what I need.

/r9k/ is making an RPG- Wojak's Journey.

If you want to join the development team, join the Discord:

discord.gg/X8ZjE83

>No time to fix though?
Too busy fingering your onahole girlfriend?

Who are some good (famous and reachable) youtubers that I can send the game to be played?

I'll have my alpha ready next month and I need to start thinking about PR and marketing.

Pic related.

good boy Griffin McElroy

>Who?
Can you link your project? I don't think I've seen it before. I'm certain I would have remembered that artstyle.

what game

That sounds cringeworthy as shit. Maybe you should take it to Reddit. I'm sure they'd love to make a meme game.

>something from /r9k/ sounds cringe-worthy
impossible.

----[ Recap ]----
Game: Bout O' Wizards
Dev: Hamfist
Tools: Godot, Aseprite
Web: nothing set up right now
Holidays: snowman
Progress:
+ Started the project
+ Laid foundation for spell casting system
+ Annoyed a bunch of people with my main menu
+ Integrated elevated spaceholder sprites for arena, wizard, and Fireball spell

Read the filename.

Where is your art?

Bokube looks pretty good as much as I hate the dev for being a tranny. The shitposting on the dev is getting more blatant by the day with how much better the game is looking.

@163224771
)You(

>agdg shitting more and more on a dev the closer their game comes to release
Is this news?

i have a grid. i pass the coordinates(S) of a cell to a function and an integer as a second parameter. if i pass 1 as the second parameter, i get all the coordinates of the cells marked with an X. if i pass a 2 as the second parameter, i get all the coordinates of the cells marked with an O. and so on and so forth.

i need THE MOST ELEGANT ALGORITHM to do this, please help.

Thanks senpai

I rarely post here since I spend most of my time working on it. I think I've only posted 2 or 3 times, despite being always around.

I don't have much to show because I'm not on my main computer, but it's a survival based on some old movies/games. At first we wanted to make a sequel of The Thing, but you know.. Copyright and shit.

The name is Crimson Edge.

>lets lynch devs who are too close to escaping nodev status.

This >community

>Believing it is the actual dev

The same "community" keeps asking why all the yesdevs leave. Apart from gogem.

that one you posted is my favorite piece of fanart ive ever gotten. everything about it is perfect.

I'm going to make a Catholic game that really makes you think and encourages a return to traditional moral values!

How do you games automagically scale everything to different resolutions?

>catholic
>moral
they imbibe alcohol as part of their rituals, that's not halal

Estimate the minimum team size and cost for an MMORPG on the scale of vanilla WoW.

good post m8

It is drunkenness that is sinful, not drinking.

Working with programming is the best way to kill programming as a hobby.

How does this person look so much like an old woman and a man at the same time?

2much
2much

review your scriptures, sinful millennial..

yea, ill probbaly tweak the flamthrowes, good point

ue4 has a camera arm/probe feature. basically i just set the size of the sphere and what objects will collide with it, the camera arm gets shorter if it collides

thanks. im trying to add a lot of cool stuff so that it stands out from other games in the genre. So far with the boss fights and all these mechanics it's starting to feel unique

thanks. yea ill test some new layouts

Luckily for me it's all I give a shit about.

Jesus drank wine: "And having taken the chalice, giving thanks, he gave it to them. And they all drank of it."—Mark 14:23
Jesus was sinless: "Who did no sin, neither was guile found in his mouth."—1 Peter 2:22

jesus did magic, do you do magic?

i normally enjoy your shitposts, but this is weak

got the grappling hook working with 2.5d movement (denoted by splines). got a galloping animation going but the rig is broken beyond repair. whole model needs a redo anyway. also have to fix the neon green floor. but for now I'm going to get to work on making the sword functional. will try to use mouse aim thrusting but I will see how it plays in conjunction with the grappling hook. will be interesting once enemies are added

grappling hook is still buggy at times. mainly turning points in the 2.5d spline movement and just turning back and forth quickly and cause errors

it's not a shitpost, it's real life.... you cant drink just because jesus drank, he was a magic 30yo wizard who could turn water into drank. he probably turned the drank back into water before it hit his stomach. if you're not a magic wizard you're not sinless like jesus.

"In like manner also the chalice, after he had supped, saying: This chalice is the new testament in my blood: this do ye, as often as you shall drink, for the commemoration of me."—1 Corinthians 11:25

I like that it's coming straight out of his butthole.

>Australian """""""""""""""""humor""""""""""""""""""""

I plan on making a game where you pilot mechs in Unity3D, and kill stuff.

Are mechs a meme, or do other people think they're cool too?

>to top it all of googum is a christian
For fuck's sake mate...

>jesus
>sinless
Googs if you're going to shitpost at least get your information right

>They ask you about intoxicants and games of chance. Say: In both of them there is a great sin and means of profit for men, and their sin is greater than their profit. And they ask you as to what they should spend. Say: What you can spare. Thus does Allah make clear to you the communications, that you may ponder.
—Qurʼan, Surah 2 (al-Baqarah), ayah 219
next you'll be saying RNG in gamedesign is halal too.

what's wrong with that?

Do the good people of aggydaggy have any recommendations for Unity tutorials for someone who is not new to vidya making but is new to Unity and C#? Every tutorial I've found on YouTube so far has been shit (example: youtu.be/EBRrNzi3mWM) at either explaining things or the tutorial being way too slow. I'm considering just diving into Unity's documentation so that I can learn everything at a faster pace, but I bet there's better ways of learning Unity out there that I'm not aware of.

you can skip a ton of people because you can use 3rd party networking solutions and engines.

that's all i got.

if you are not new to vidya making then you should just start a project and learn how to do stuff as you need to. there is no more effective way to learn than that

Bump for this.

I know Java and how games are made. But I plan on starting with C# and Unity next month. I really don't want to start with hello world and some pajeet telling me what an int is.

assuming top left of grid is (x, y) = (0, 0)...

>get S location -> (2, 2)
>pretend our second parameter is 1
>subtract second parameter from both values -> (1, 1)

Now we know where our 'start' will be.
Then we will run 4 smaller functions, which could be thrown into one bigger function I guess.
This function(s) will log/mark/track each coordinate of the top, left, bottom, and right edges.

You will need to pass the x and y values for our 'start' coordinate (1, 1).
x and y values will be labeled as x and y respectively.
Lastly, since it will be used repeatedly, we want a "max" value of how many coordinates along one border we will bother with.
Judging from your graph, max = (distance * 2) + 1 should be sufficient.
This would mean that something like a distance of 2 would be 5 squares long on one edge...
(2 * 2) + 1 = 5

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

get_top_section (x, y, max)

i = 0

C# vs Unityscript for Unity scripting?

please anybody this is your chance to be a hero

What do you care about what other people think? Just do whatever you like. Otherwise you'll end up like all the furryshit enablers here.

Mecha are cool as fuck. I would love to see more mecha games.

What's your favorite anime?

How would you turn it into a game?

catlikecoding.com/. He goes in depth, also explains some unity specific details. I've been slowly reading so the knowledge soaks in over time, even though I've used unity for a year or so.

c# absolutely

Please tell me this is a thing you're actually working on because that looks awesome.

I feel like if I do that, the game's scripts will end up being very hacky and inefficient, if how I learned PHP a few years ago is any indicator

part 2
Looks like my comments got fucked, rip
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

get_left_section (x, y, max)

i = 1

Jesus is a prophet in Islam not the son of god.
keep up with which Abrahamic fanfic we're talking about.

Sadly no. It's just a cool low poly mech I found and is now in my inspiration folder.
Here's another inspiration.

May I talk to you about our lord and saviour, pastebin.com?

SDL tutorial recs, please?

>catlikecoding.com/
This looks really neat, thank you

sfml-dev.org/download/sfml/2.4.1/

nah

Should I take that to mean you prefer SFML to SDL?

you should, and i do.

Actually, I think I found a way to do this a bit better, will post momentarily.

i haven't been here for a year
did rotatedev become a tranny?