What's the difference between an intellectual and a pseudo-intellectual? How do I avoid being a pseudo-intellectual?

What's the difference between an intellectual and a pseudo-intellectual? How do I avoid being a pseudo-intellectual?

It's really the same thing, no joke. Embrace being a philistine, intellectualism is for faggots

This. Intelectualls are just dumbos in denial

pseudo-intellectuals are like your girlfriends and you blow air up their ass because they let you tongue it

>intellectual = agrees with me
>pseudo-intellectual = disagrees with me
This is fact and if you disagree you are a pseudo-intellectual.

wut*

True intellectuals don't exist anymore.

An intellectual has experience to back it up. Additionally, a pseudo-intellectual spouts baseless trite for social gain and to appear clever.

trips of truth

[spoiler]sounds like me desu[/spoiler]

Experience is not needed to be an intellectual.

>What's the difference between an intellectual and a pseudo-intellectual?
an intellectual is informed on a subject and debates it using his knowledge, a pseudo-intellectual isnt informed or is only partially informed, but uses the same kind of language as an intellectual as a way to garner authority on the subject being discussed
>How do I avoid being a pseudo-intellectual?
become informed on whatever you want to debate on, or if youre not, dont try to use lingo that professionals would use

Just look at their dictionary definitions, it's no a complex subject.

Also the Intellectual is far more willing to aknowlage the intellect of other even if he disagrees with them
The Psuedo Intellectual usually accuses people of different opinions of all types of things to invaild his own opinions

It's certainly important. If you only learn about things, you won't be able to do them, and your knowledge of those things will be lacking.

A pseudo-intellectual is incapable of uttering the phrase "I don't know".

I think these guys get it, but to sum it up: "don't pretend to know something you don't"

If you disagree with me and use big words then you are a pseudo-intellectual.

I assumed a pseudo intellectual was one who learnt the buzzwords, key phrases and cherry picked facts just to be able to sounds smart to those beneath him or perceived beneath him.

Whilst an intellectual actually tries to learn the subject matter so they can actually understand it and maybe to a point where thy could teach someone one about it. ( also to impress those beneath him)

>Its like wearing a nice wig versus having nice hair

If you get all your philosophy from Veeky Forums and reddit, you are a pseudo-intellectual.

What about 60 minute videos on youtube called into to Schopenhauer

Intecllectual: make threads about history
Pseudo-intellectual: make threads about humanities

This

> How do I avoid being a pseudo-intellectual?

Simple, don't be an arrogant know-it-all, instead be a curious know-nothing and keep reading and learning.