Are used Porsches with high miles-clocked-in a good purchase?

Are used Porsches with high miles-clocked-in a good purchase?

For example this 2008 911 Carerra has done like 75k miles and it still looks clean and hot. It costs 32k.
Most 911s in this year range are similarly priced too.

I have 50k in my hand now. Should I proceed buying my childhood dream car at the age of 28?

Other urls found in this thread:

bringatrailer.com/listing/1988-porsche-911-turbo-930/
hagerty.com/apps/valuationtools/1976-Porsche-911-Carrera_Turbo
hagerty.com/apps/valuationtools/1988-porsche-911-carrera
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I ask this question because I heard Porsches are fairly reliable in the long run.

>20almost17
>driving petrol cars

>Tiptronic
Find one with a manual

Nice bait faggot

>automatic 911

NO

Okay, I can also find manuals within the same price range too.

Post em

yeah get one of those

>no manual
Fucking dropped, breh.

Go for the 997 S or, even better, a 997.2. The plain ol' 997 has the M96 engine from the 996, while the S has the M97, which is the M96 bored to 3.8L with a ton of modifications to improve reliability. The 997.2 has the 9A1 engine that was also used in the 991.1. It has none of the odd problems that affected a small percentage of the M96/M97 engines.

They're all pretty reliable, so as long as you can bear the insurance cost and the cost of maintenance, why not?

leave it to the cuck

I'm lazy. Go find em on ebay.

Ouch but thanks for typing up the detailed info.

Do any of these have the IMSBA failures?

All of them except turbos. Also all Boxters/Caymans except the newest ones.

No faggots, you made the claim, you post proof

Can you afford the repairs? Arebyou prepared to 1k on a fuel filter replacement job? If not, kindly fuck off.

It's not possible for the 9A1 to have the IMS failure because it doesn't have a IMS.

The M96 is most prone to the failure but if you get the IMS Solution installed (probably around $3500-$5000) it eliminates the potential failure by replacing the IMS bearing with a more robust design.

>Can you afford the repairs? Arebyou prepared to 1k on a fuel filter replacement job? If not, kindly fuck off.
Oh no! I'm backing off. I'd rather stick on with a BRZ or a Miata.

>50k
Why don't you buy a house instead? As much as I want you to lose in life, I'd rather change the population of land owners rather than enrich Abdul at Shitboxes & More

Life isn't just about climbing the hierarchy, if he wants to blast money on a car he has been dreaming about since he was a kid, let him.

If he gets out of the rent-cuck cycle he can buy many more cars, though.

Children's dreams are stupid. When I was a kid I wanted to fly using a jetpack and eat ice cream all day. These in no way should influence my decisions as an adult.

Yeah it fucking should you boring cunt.

buy a 996 gt3 and take care of it so you can sell it for 150k in 15 years

pdk fagget

this really shouldnt keep you from buying the car, its suck a rare failure that i think you shouldnt consider it a problem

*in relation to the ims failure

The Mezger engines are fucking awesome but the 996 GT3s are already $80K+ For that money, I'd rather get a nice 930 like this one

bringatrailer.com/listing/1988-porsche-911-turbo-930/

As long as it's one of the ones that don't explode it's no worse than any other luxury euro car. Stuff will break, parts cost a little more, labor at a dealer will require the sale of a kidney, so learn to do shit yourself

me on the left.

>rent-cuck cycle
More like house buying meme.
Seriously buying a house right now does not seem like very good use of money as a house is just a giant money pit.

>guaranteed to be in debit for the next 10 to 30 years
>Have to now pay property/school taxes that in most cases are as much as the mortgage if not more
>Always worried about a big ticket item breaking like the AC/Heater. If they do break that's an easy 5-10k
>Have to constantly be working on the house to keep things from breaking.
>having to pay homeowner insurance which is another easy 400-600 bucks per month
>worried about acts of god destroying your house and what little the home insurance will cover from said act.

Sure by the time you sell the house in 15 years you might get double what you paid for it, but by the time you factor in all the extra expensives that you paid out over the time of ownership at most your breaking even. It just seems like your making money because your getting it all at once. If you had just rented a house and taken all that extra money you spent and put it in an IRA you would be way ahead of what you got out of a house.

>via9gag

Kys

stay poor

Cost of ownership is fucking retarded. And its not really the "if it breaks"$8000 repairs. Its more the oil changes, breaks, fuck man even tires on them will set you back since there is no such thing is a cheap 305/30/19.

Im not saying put that money down on a house like the other fag in this thread but just be aware of what youre getting into. That cat is all but guarenteed to cost you another 5 to 10 grand in the next two years if you drive it at all.

not the one you're arguing with, but right now is a fucking terrible time to buy a house. All time market high and everyone saying the bubble's about to collapse, why would you invest all your dosh in a thing that's going to fall in price dramatically? buy low sell high

Buy a challenger hellcat instead of that boomer mobile

This is the absolute worst time to by any Porsche. They are just reaching the peak value from this collector bubble and nearly all will start to fall.

hagerty.com/apps/valuationtools/1976-Porsche-911-Carrera_Turbo

hagerty.com/apps/valuationtools/1988-porsche-911-carrera

Pick any decent 911 and the results will be the same, doubling in price over the last 5 years, plateau, and just hinting at the inevitable decline. All watercooled 911s will go down from where they are now aside from the unicorns. Lets say you buy one for 50k, assume you will eat 20k in depreciation and 5k in repairs minimum over 5 years if you are lucky. Is it worth paying 55k for a car worth 35k assuming you will drive it for 5 years?

>>Have to now pay property/school taxes that in most cases are as much as the mortgage if not more
You're going to pay at most 1%, that's 1% of what you're home value is, so basically you can't count.
>>Always worried about a big ticket item breaking like the AC/Heater. If they do break that's an easy 5-10k
>>Have to constantly be working on the house to keep things from breaking.
This is the same shit when you're renting
>>having to pay homeowner insurance which is another easy 400-600 bucks per month
Where on your mansion?
>>worried about acts of god destroying your house and what little the home insurance will cover from said act.
still fucked either way.
Stop paying to pay someone else's mortgage, dumb ass. You build equity when you buy a home and you can likely sell it for what you bought it for, meaning that even if you lose money, it's less then renting where you lose everything regardless

>tells him to buy a baby boomers dream instead of a "boomer mobile"

>same thing when renting
Lol no. My AC broke last summer, I called the landlord. Fixed it. Sink clogged? Called the landlord. Fixed. If you have to pay for normal maintenance and stuff on an apartment you rented somewhere terrible.
And no, when I moved out they didn't send me a bill or take my deposit for that shit.

so funny when people argue about renting vs buying or leasing vs financing

it all depends on your own financial situation and what YOU feel is a better choice for yourself.

Youre a cuck if you try to convince someone else your way is better.

>997.1
>PDK
stay retarded

porsches have higher service intervals than the other german brands.

service records are the indicator how your car was really treated. if it has no service records/history be prepared to walk away.

if you want a 911 buy a 911 BUT dont count out the boxter/cayman (boxter with roof) as people arent buying them and going straight for a 911. the boxter is a great option for those who are new to porsche ownership.

if you buy a 924/944 you deserve all the greif you get. it was the worst ever porsche.

>You're going to pay at most 1%, that's 1% of what you're home value is, so basically you can't count.

Not in my area, I was looking at purchasing a small 1400 sq ft 3 2 house that was around 150k. The mortgage would have been around 650 a month without the school/property tax. When I looked up the yearly taxes on the house it was 6k which works out to an additional 500 bucks per month would be needed to pay the taxes at the end of the year. The real kicker is most of that figure was school tax. The school tax was 4500 a year and the county tax was 1500.

The 400-600 bucks a month insurance figure I posted was also based off of this same house. That's the quotes I was getting from the different insurance companies.

This house was also not in the nicest part of town either it was located in the poorest side of town.

Before you say this must have been a Cali house, it wasn't. This house was located in Texas.

Fixed it because you pay hand over fist in rent while he jacks off with half of it and uses the other half to pay his own mortgage

>insurance figure
So you were buying with an FHA loan? Because that requires you to get a retarded amount of insurance.

If you buy like a normal person, that is you save up 20% of the home's value, then you don't get penalized on your insurance rates.

The average homeowner insurance premium costs $1600 a year in San Francisco where the average home price is $1M