tfgeneral.com
Discord under Fun Stuff

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/titanfallgeneral
>Networks
PC: titanfall.com/en_us/networks/pc/11942/
Xbox One: titanfall.com/en_us/networks/xbox/78/
PS4: titanfall.com/en_us/networks/playstation/63/
Searching 'the fast guys' on console will bring it up in game, for pc you have to join using the link

>News
Frontier News Network 4
titanfall.com/en_us/news/frontier-news-network-4/
The first free DLC update, Angel City's Most Wanted, is out, featuring the return of the Angel City map, new Ion Prime and Scorch Prime skins, in-game cosmetics store, and more
forums.titanfall.com/en-us/discussion/7729/angel-citys-most-wanted-the-patch-notes

>Whats changed in 2?
Cosmetics, class based titans, more pilot abilities, more guns, and a single player campaign.
Bunny hopping was altered so now you need to queue a slide too

The Thread That Went Too Slow:

ded game

Still the best boost.

As first poster, I declare that L-STAR is the weapon of /tfg/

Which is the best tactical (in your opinion) and why?
I like using Stim since you can use it as both a preventative measure for evading people/titans or as an offensive one for closing 30 feet in half a second and knocking someone's block off.

Because its shitty and slow?

Thank god you aren't in charge. /tfg/ is Grenadier Country.

Stim is pretty broken in my opinion
it's a wonder you don't see more reddit shitters using it

You can't be that bad, bro.

I started using A Wall and it is amazing. Don't use it to camp one spot, just sprint around until I see a group of people and drop it, drop them, then move on.

I always go back to amped weapons.

Phase. It's literal invulnerability for a few seconds. With tactikill it becomes a menace.

Phase honestly annoys me because it's such a free panic button move unlike the other tacticals, especially since you can use it more than once in a row.

ded
e
d

game
a
m
e

Also have fun with the biggest tripfag on Veeky Forums cucks

Phase is a dice roll, latency will cause you to die even when youre in it

I know, it's great!

There's like a .5s delay before you count as "out of bounds"

toss up between this and amped weapons imo. shields always help titans, but legion for instance probably needs a shield the least, or even tone/ion. amped weapons is especially useful if you want to level up your weapons
phase shift. it has too many uses and works equally well against both pilots and titans, plus has two charges by default. just stole a battery? phase and get to safety. works as a panic button in pilot combat, though not 100% because of latency. makes fighting a titan as a pilot much easier, giving you time to reload and position yourself. and ctf. it is so broken in CTF, i dont know if they intended that or not but if you are fast enough, you can almost guarantee a cap with phase shift and tactikill. you can phase out of otherwise fatal/near fatal situations such as getting lit up in a scorch trap or trapped in a gstar about to get blown up by an EPG. removes arc nade effects, allowing you to run full speed to safety.
list goes on and on.

Phase Shift. It's everything Cloakers actually want and then some, freedom of mobility without any sort of repercussions and like said, it's the ultimate panic button for Pilots.

The downside is you can't really see your opponent either. Unnerfed Cloak was better.

Lstar might as well be grenadier to be honest

Threadly reminder:
KANE LIVES

Grappling hook is by far my favorite, but I think Stim or Phase Shift are probably the strongest, couldn't say which is better between the two.

i do not understand this meme

Pre-nerf Cloak was admittedly really good and better for trying to move around without getting shot, but Phase Shift is the better overall tactic thanks to immense amount of flexibility.

I believe the actual banner name for Kane's banner is a reference to C&C Kane.

it's one faggot forcing it, same with the "rddt rope" garbage

think i finally got the perfect screenshot of this execution. my timing is always off and for some reason i cant spam the screenshot key to take a bunch of captures

You pc fags don't know how good you have it, fuck server population. I've been playing all day and the competition is fucking rank, I have only seen a single non-hitscan weapon and it was an epg guy with three kills. Console variety consists of devotion, r201, hemlock, volt and car. They can't go fast at all, barely even wallrunning. Tone and legion are the only titans to exist.

Not much better on PC, it's usually one or two guys with grenadier weapons per match at most.

>Tone Difficulty: 3 stars
>Legion Difficulty: 3 stars

What kind of monkey was put in charge of rating the titans? Do they even play their own freaking game? What the hell.

But u have to spin the gun and tone is hard to aim :^)

buy it on pc. unless you have an absolute toaster from 15 years ago, you should be able to run the game on low settings.

Using phase to get behind an a-wall pilot is pretty cool

POW RIGHT IN THE KISSER

Neither one is particularly easy or hard to play well.

I'm Australian so the games actually dead where I am

No kidding, the state of it is even worse than those retarded cucks. Aside from that that Spyglass shit sounds interesting.

>amped DMR everywhere

Who taught shitters this new meta cancer?

He just want to be funny user. It's not his fault that he's retarded.

sometimes things just click
and sometimes the enemy team is a braindead reddit stack, but shh

>try out DMR
>get Amp Weapons from Dice Roll
>hipshots all day
Muh dick.

Having played several devs, they seem to all be absolutely terrible at the game. It's little surprise they have no idea how to properly balance things or rate the difficulty accordingly.

>play a game where you can go fast
>choose to play it literally like Call of Duty

why do these people exist

I always go Amped DMR on homestead, mostly because it's like impossible to go fast on that one.

why the fuck are pilot turrets in this game? this is so god damn stupid. at least dont give them 100% accuracy to instagib you if you look in their damn direction

>mostly because it's like impossible to go fast on that one.
>homestead
>impossible to go fast
You aren't trying to go fast hard enough.

Just use grapple and slidehop.

Homestead is actually a lot of fun for me because you get a guaranteed execution on an a-wall retard at the start of every single match, in addition to picking off 2-3 more slows.

they need a minimum acquisition time

right now if they're already pointed at you by chance and you're at medium range or don't see it, you're just dead. A second of wait time before it shoots at you would still make them deadly, but wouldn't make them nearly as annoying or make them feel like bullshit.

They also track through walls iirc until they acquire a more visible target, which is stupid.

A full second would be way too long, but a shorter amount of delay might be nice.

Honestly, the way I usually end up dealing with pilot turrets is that they've got a very unique sound when they fire, so when I hear that I will flank around the area to get out of their FOV. If you can get close, it's only 1 melee, or 5 grenades from the MGL.

Titan kit: Enemy titans drop a battery when terminated
y/n?

overpowered with teamwork, underpowered without.

Too awkward to be crawling out of your titan for batteries. I would rather have an edge in the actual combat than consistent batteries.

they also shoot at titans if a titan shoots them. if your autotitan shoots one, your titan is in trouble. a reduction in damage would be nice. most of the time i cannot react if i am getting shot at, i just die too quick. its like getting shot in the face point blank with an alternator, except across the map and with near 100% accuracy(or is it actually 100%?).
then theres usually a disgusting person using awall and devotion near his turret at an angle that prevents you from flanking and meleeing the turret. as much as i love this game and will continue to play it a lot, sometimes i really hate the shit i run into and really despise the people that do stuff like that consistently

For the record, Pilot Sentries already wait 1-1.5 seconds between firing bursts, and the bursts themselves last 1-2 seconds.

acquisition time would be completely different though. it would mean you can fast past almost any turret and get away before it can do anything if it was 1s acquisition time.

I suppose, but unless you're coming at it head-on they still need to turn to face you at 45°/second.

so at worst it would take this gun 5 seconds to kill you with a single burst from medium range, it works completely autonomously, and it can burst titans down extremely quickly if they aren't being piloted.

not fun.

Better yet: A kit that lets Titans pick up batteries without pilot assistance.

So I start using devotion + A Wall, and I have to say it is pretty fun if you do more than just camp with it.

>tripfag is a fag

More news at 11.

That would be OP. There would need to be a major downside to it. Something like your titan starts with 75% health or something.

>using fag as an insult on Veeky Forums
You must be new.

There is nothing wrong with being fast, dropping an A wall when you engage a group of enemies, mowing them down, then going back on the move.

>he has to stop moving to kill his enemies

Might want to reevaluate your definition of 'fast' there, bud.

Oh yeah that's a great idea.

How have you not been banned or improper trip use and why do you refuse to remove it? Your name is known for trash opinions and faggotry and you produce no content

that might break LTS. getting batteries in LTS is a big part of it, the risk/reward. you also have to build your pilot around it. phase embark, stim/phase shift. its a neat idea though and i think it would be good in any mode but LTS

Stop responding to the biggest laughing stock of Veeky Forums. His opinions were shit in every single general he visited.

I think he does it for free

we should probably just ignore him, don't respond to him or acknowledge he exists

I'm guilty of responding to him, but I think it's the fix we need. pretend he's not here and never mention him.

Could always replace it with something else ala Extra Battery in PvP

people never learn. it is so easy to filter a tripcode nowadays. im pretty sure default Veeky Forums supports it now, doesnt it?

i'd honestly forgotten i filtered the guy and was wondering why the thread was so slow, now i know

You're right, user. I've filtered him.

Don't have Titan ready? Give battery boost to a good teammate! Watch your Titan meter shoot up 30%

Do have titan ready? Give battery to yourself and enjoy being able to spawn in your Titan and actually have a shield on it from the start, and get ready to wreck shit

I agree, best fucking boost

More and more Ions are using the shield exploit to just invalidate Legion entirely, and see nothing wrong with it. This isn't fun at all. Respawn needs to fix their shit.

Shield exploit?

The framerate one?

What's the best loadout if I want to spend the whole game rodeoing titans?

Grapple has an indicator even with Low Profile, so Cloak? Or Phase Shift for speedy getaways?

Low Profile is a must, and I was thinking of using arc grenades as a distraction

KILL WHAT YOU WANT CAUSE A PILOT IS FAST
YOU ARE A PILOT!

OI BOI
TONE IS A SHIT
GOING FAST EVERY DAY IS THE BEST
KILL WHAT YOU WANT CAUSE I PILOT IS FAST
YOU ARE A PILOT!

Grenadier weapons are fun, but boy is it frustrating to have tons of painfully easily avoidable deaths due to not using a regular gun.

you should try using the L Star

I don't know who the hell thought the L-Star was a good idea, the damage per projectile is absolutely pitiful on top of everything else.

>boy is it frustrating to have tons of painfully easily avoidable deaths due to not using a regular gun
its pretty much whats stopping me from using them more than once every 20 games. i cant stand getting killed during the cold war windup when i know i wouldve killed that pilot 3 times over with any other weapon i usually use

No, the one where you can delete any Titans entire health bar by collecting a fee hitscan bullets and throwing them under their feet instead of directly at them

because its fun deleting pilots with red balls of gibbing

The time to kill isn't really much different than a hitscan weapon from close to midrange.
Not to mention you explode them into a fine red mist.

Quickly moving from point A to point B is fast. Doesn't mean I can't hang out for a little bit at point B before moving on to point C, especially when I can stop for just a second or two and wipe out a whole team.

>improper trip-use
memes aren't rules, kiddo. Learn the difference. Nothing I am doing is a rule violation. You, on the other hand, are doing nothing but shit-posting.

You just come into threads you know nothing about, shit post at and about me then samefag to try to make people think it is a common thing. You have been caught doing it in multiple generals already. It's why you never bother saying anything about the games in your shit posts because you know you will out yourself again. If you really cared, you would just make everyone anonymous or filter me instead of constantly shit-posting.

>inb4: he thinks all anons are the same
Lol, no. It's really obvious when it is you though. Plus, the threads you keep getting outed in are very slow and don't have enough posters to legitimately make up the numbers of complaints that "just happen" to pop-up.

I never got it either. They should up the range, damage, or size of projectiles. I can't really imagine why anyone would ever chose to use it.

Hell, you could even just make the orbs linger, so you could use them to create choke points and area denial.

just wanted to throw out that the OP weapons are frustrating not because i'm personally beaten by them (usually the opposite), but because i know whoever is using them is having the easiest fucking time farming my teammates who don't have the skill to answer back on inferior weaponry

try using it with gstar, with or without the ordnance perk.

Yeah but if I miss once with the EPG or Softball I usually could have just killed them in the same amount of time if I was using a regular weapon. That's the part that bothers me.

holy shit

it's 3am and I'm getting slotted into stomp after stomp mid-match

use your fucking anti-titan weapons, guys

jesus

user you need rest. Go to bed

Now here's a question: is there a single man in the entire Titanfall 2 player-base that uses the Sidewinder?

Honestly, Anti-Titan weapons need buffed. A lot of the time it feels like it is a waste pf time to even use them.

The electric one doesn't do shit. The lock-on rocket always gets dodged. The charge rifle doesn't do enough Titan Damage to make up for it's charge time.

The only one that seems to be worth a damn is the MGL when amped, and it has shit range. I use it whenever enemy titans are near cover, but if they are out in the open, I am not even going to bother.

I got killed by a fellow tfg once with it.

I want to like the Sidewinder but it's just not good. Maybe if they nerf the Alternator and Volt it'll actually be usable in close quarters.

Jesus Christ cunt, I have no idea what the fuck you're talking about. How did your persecution complex grow to this size? Maybe you should take a break

I do. It's my raifu, grenadefu, rocketfu?

I use it a lot. Its probably one of the most fun guns in the game. Its not very effective on pilots unless you get really aggressive and run directly at them but god damn its satisfying to watch them explode when you get a kill.

It shreds titans when amped, and is good for mopping up AI.

It's my secondary on my Gunslinger build

probably long overdue, but here are some things about NPCs and how much they hate you

I like the Sidewinder because it's basically an L-STAR with a two-shot kill on pilots and much greater effectiveness on Titans.
However, its projectiles move at 0.8x the speed of the L-STAR, the hip spread is huge after a couple shots (but dead on accurate when zoomed), and worst of all, the missiles obscure your own vision with all the smoke trails.

If it weren't for that blinding smoke, I'd use it a lot more.

>Reaper melee
>80

>If it weren't for that blinding smoke, I'd use it a lot more.

This.