I think my car is fucked Veeky Forums

I think my car is fucked Veeky Forums

Im throwing codes for o2 sensor circuit, purge control circuit, evap circuit and EGRC solenoid. Already tried replacing several sensors; just made the check engine codes come back instantly. My clock turns on and off at random and doesnt keep time. When traveling at speed my doors will unlock themselves every few minutes.
My car died 40 minutes outside the city today. Got it jumped, died again 10 miles later. Got it jumped again and it hasnt given me issues since.

The alternator and battery look new, but were replaced by the p/o. Car was sitting for a few years before i bought it.

Thoughts Veeky Forums? Im thinking a bad ground somewhere. I havent been able to track down any signs of frayed wires.

The car is a 96 maxima.

check all the grounds. ecu fried maybe, although i've literally never heard of that.

Id expect more problems if it was the ecu. The engine runs fine, no misfires, its not running rich or anything, and it starts fine without hesitation.
The grounds in the engine bay look a tad corroded. When its not 20 degrees and gusting at 30mph ill try to clean them and see if anything improves.

what car?
the fact that you say the car was sitting for a few years makes me think something made a nest in the wiring
or it could also be a bad body control module or some other random computer module

did the car ever suffer flood damage

>BUT EFI NEVER FAILS

its a floating ground fault

somewhere on your car there is a wire with a small amount of current flowing through it the wire has broken even if ever so slightly and is now in essence back feeding electricity into the ecu via the ground

i bet the car is german....

I would agree, but i havent seen any signs of frayed wires or animal nests, and ive been over the car pretty thoroughly.

My best lead so far is corroded grounds.

None that was ever reported. Althought 3/4 codes being thrown are coming from the undercarriage of the vehicle.

The o2 sensor circuit is a recent development. I knew about the other codes when i bought the car
jap scrap. i said at the end of the post what it was.
to be fair i should have included a tl;dr
As i said above, the electrical ground points in the engine bay look like they have some corrosion, so when its not 20 degrees with gusts of 40 ill go outside and start cleaning them.

My car has also shown signs of a parasitic drain at times, which again, is likely a ground

Jesus you faggot can you even read?

>None that was ever reported. Althought 3/4 codes being thrown are coming from the undercarriage of the vehicle.
start pulling up the carpet and looking for sediment deposits, it fukts wires.
If there is any the car will never ever work right.

unless this just started happening recently tho

not him but I also didn't see that he said it was a 96 maxima because it was under the image

Ive owned the car for about a month, and aside from the car dying after i left the lights on for about 20 minutes, hasnt given me any problems
The evap and purge control valve codes i knew about when i bought the car
Until today it hasnt presented a problem

You need a wiring diagram to see if these circuits have something in common.

It was in a flood.

I pulled my haynes out.
This is the ECS diagram, page 2/2.
Turns out these 2 items share a wire, and im getting a code for their circuits. Whats my next step?
That would suck, dont say that

Check the ground and connectors for that circuit.

God damn remember when wiring was simple as fuck

neither do i

The car dying after you turned the lights on makes me think of the alternator. I've had this happen on several vehicles.

As for the doors unlocking and shit, that's probably just the ghost.

Are the black dots on the diagram grounds?

>The car dying after you turned the lights on makes me think of the alternator. I've had this happen on several vehicles.
The alternator on any car powers everything.
If the car managed to keep running with the lights off the alternator is working just fine.

I would think so to other than it looks brand new. There is the possibility that its defective but all of the issues im having seem to lead more towards a bad ground/parasitic drain, and im not about to rip the alternator out until im confident that its the problem.
I knew alternators, even new ones, go bad all the time, but these are pretty wonky problems
yeah but everything is basically covered there.
My pic was one small part of half the ECS diagram. There's like 20 others

>My pic was one small part of half the ECS diagram. There's like 20 others
Oh shit lmao nevermind

Bumping for additional input.
Gonna go outside tomorrow and clean my grounds