/nintyg/ - Nintendo General

This is a general for the discussion of Nintendo consoles and games released on them.
Previous: Tags: /3dsg/, /wug/, /smm/, /mk8g/, /lozg/, /ink/

>Important News
「!」New My Nintendo awards have been added for Super Mario Run - and five select Mario games put on sale: my.nintendo.com/news/d820b4deedae48a0
「!」Visit Nintendo Zone locations from 12/19 to 1/15 for exclusive content this National StreetPass Holiday: nintendo.com/whatsnew/detail/national-streetpass-holiday-edition
「!」Dragon Quest XI is in development for the Switch, Nintendo confirms: topics.nintendo.co.jp/c/article/839af1b5-c284-11e6-9aaf-063b7ac45a6d.html
「!」Nintendo finalizes Jan 12th Switch presentation date and time: twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/808584359901069312
「!」Super Nintendo World is coming to Universal Studios Japan: twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/808175059718180864
「!」Super Mario Run to Require Online to Play: mynintendonews.com/2016/12/09/miyamoto-super-mario-run-is-online-only-to-combat-piracy/
「!」Yooka Laylee cancelled on Wii U, Switch version tentative, backer refunds available: playtonicgames.com/yooka-laylee-reptile-rolls-towards-release/
「!」Miitomo datamining shows Fire Emblem Mobile screenshots: nintendoeverything.com/miitomo-data-mining-may-show-images-from-fire-emblem-mobile-game/
「!」Jimmy Fallon Debuts the Nintendo Switch: youtube.com/watch?v=7TJ7IUNWGl4
「!」Goodbye! Boxboy!, Qbby amiibo, and physical compilation announced:: siliconera.coAXm/2016/12/06/goodbye-boxboy-third-boxboy-game/

>Upcoming Releases
3DS - pastebin.com/aTMS8hCx
Wii U - pastebin.com/DJhTh6N1

>New 3DS XL vs 3DS XL Comparison
nintendo.com/3ds/features/compare#/compare-3ds

>amiibo Compatibility Chart
amiibochart64.files.wordpress.com/2016/08/amiibo-igcc-10.jpg

>Discord chat
discord.me/nintyg

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/bTUwdjC
nintendolife.com/news/2016/12/picross_e7_launches_in_north_america_tomorrow
archiveofourown.org/works/6656782/chapters/15226033
archiveofourown.org/works/6656647
archiveofourown.org/works/6834295
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

First for 8 more days until 3DS arrives!
I'm going to have a lot of fun with my 3DS!

You're forgiven because you are a cute squid.

discord.gg/bTUwdjC

Reminder to join the real Nintendo discord chat to discuss Splatoon, Zelda, Mario Kart, Smash, Switch, Mobile, and other stuff.

What's the difference?

The real Nintendo discord is deader than the nintyg discord.

they do a circular circle jerk in that server but we do a zigzag circle jerk in our server
your dick will know the difference of zigzag jerking as soon as you join

One is run by a weeb brazilian and the other is run by a weeb australian

holy shit squid retards i want to like you but it is it that hard to fucking proofread the OPs you are making

So it's the same people in both discords.

First for Princess Callie!

You're not even active there, you cum guzzling shithead.

>Says the person not replying in the discord

so, it would seem it's that time of year again
post squids

Splatoon sucks

Discord is for animal fuckers

Go get your dick chopped up on a beak.

I love how Nintendo added so much character to the Squid Sisters.

They are really the symbols of the Wii U.

>kicked from all discords
Feels bad man

this is amazing thanks again for drawing them

>>kicked from all discords
How??

Post more squids

that's not me, but i agree it's a very nice picture

Now tell me your tale of misfortune.

It was just hyperbole

this is the worst general on this board.

Clearly you've never been to vita/ps4 gen.

I forgot to blog about this, but I finally bought every item on Rhythm Heaven Megamix, now I only need the challenges and like 20 pachinko levels.

I cant get the stupid copycats challenge and fuck that sheep game

CUTE

it's so relaxing to play it after raging over failing every single button release on airboarders

airboarders isnt that bad
Seriously fuck copycats, the second alien game is fuckin ridiculous

We've known that for ages.

Airboarders is okay on normal speed but seriously I can't play it when it's faster.

>gook range blaster does a 180 degree turn and 1 hit kills me from a decent distance
i swear im so close to calling shenanigans

>almost 2017
>still no Kenka Bancho 6 localization

yeah you said to post squids so i took that chance to thank the other artist for the pics

i meant in-game pictures of your squids, but that's a fair point

What the hell
This is pretty damn good. Bravo, user.

Moray Towers without any snipers is pretty fantastic I must say

Glad you enjoy them! I can't wait to draw new squibs Veeky Forums

I thought it's great too and appreciate the extra detail like adding some blue for photographic detail. Good stuff. The timelapse was neat too.
Next time you draw, you should consider the "shorthair" squid from the Switch teaser.

Adding blur**

Just switch to ps4 already

sorry i didnt understand you posted a drawing so i thought you meant that

>Make a Miitomo
>Remember I have no friends
Oh yeah.

I'll add you user. Post your invite link or your Twitter or however you want to do it.

>try to make a miitomo
>remember i have no phone
oh yeah

ok

fuck off its far for from ok you goddamn baby

>almost 2017
>still have it on cartridge
>still impressed by how nice it plays

I'm going to tear myself a new asshole
Just wait and see

resident evil 7 for switch please

Not a good idea
I'd bleeding out, send hel

Nioh for switch Pls.

Red Dead Redemption 2 for switch please

When youre secretly in love with a member of nintyg

but theyre a huge faggot

who is it, user?
could it be anonymous?

OP, you fuckhead.
You forgot the most important Nintendo news.
nintendolife.com/news/2016/12/picross_e7_launches_in_north_america_tomorrow

20 days left

Till what?

Nintendo Switch big conference with all the info the game lineup

>4 days until Christmas.

I'm Switching to a PS4 Pro!

>Pro
That's just fucking stupid. Stick with the regular PS4.

TRAITOR

himesama

Not happening with these weak specs

sleepover

XD

Reminder that Nintendo saved video games again.

no your not

I want to believe

deceive the world

Here's a Mario fanfic I'm doing.

archiveofourown.org/works/6656782/chapters/15226033

what is this shit

Fix the typos goddamn.

I wrote it a while ago, but I probably shhould fix the typos, yeah.

A fanfiction.

Is this a shitpost?

Why do you ask?

Those games coming to the Switch is just as likely as aliens being among us

That is without a doubt one of the worst things I have ever read.
You're intending them to be short, one-off stories similar to a comedy sketch but you pad them out anyway with so much unneccessary detail that slows everything down when a sketch (unless the purpose is to satirise purple prose and similar wordiness) should be short and punchy.
The setting adds absolutely nothing to the story and you could replace every character with an original character and nothing would change. There is that little essence of the original characters in the writing and you write people completely out of character just to justify your lazy setup. Why would Rosalina be smoking a cigar? I mean, for fucks sake, why wouldn't you just make it about Bowser. That would actually work because:
a) It works off Bowser's characterisation of caring deeply for his troops and hiding a sensitive side (which would be shown through him attempting to bake a cake for his favourite troops) that has been established in the RPG series.
b) Provides an in-character reason for an additional flame to be introduced into the gas-filled oven to produce the explosion (Bowser breaths fire).
c) Would provide a basis to make the punchline of the oven explosion somewhere close to being humorous (It could play off Bowser's brash nature and inability to think things through by having him realising he turned the gas on but forgot to ignite it, so he shoots a small fireball into the oven to start it. The build-up of gas combined with the fireball causes the explosion) instead of that piece of shit that you wrote.
There are typos everywhere and blatant lack of proof-reading evident in every single chapter.
On top of everything else, it's just not funny. The punchline for every single fucking chapter is something exploding. There's not even any sort of humorous observation or response to the explosions. There's an explosion and that's it.
You've written the Nintendo equivalent of the Minecraft jokebook.

To be fair, I wrote most of the chapters in less than 5 minutes and didn't edit most of them.

If you're not going to put any effort into your writing, why should anyone read it?
Stop being lazy, write with purpose and dedication and then come back with something good.
No-one wants to read the writing equivalent of stick figure doodles on the back of a napkin.

There are fanfics I do put effort in.

So why not post them instead of that shit you posted?

archiveofourown.org/works/6656647

archiveofourown.org/works/6834295

Here are two Kirby fanfics I wrote earlier this year. They're short and kind of rough, but I did put effort into them.

>humor
>not funny at all
???

Those are equally bad.

That's the joke.
It's post-modern.
>A man walks into a bar. He is an alcohol and it's destroying his family.

Well, I suppose I just sort of subconsciously don't try very hard when I'm writing fanfics, for some reason.

You need to try harder.
Be very critical and reread everything you write at least three times.
Edit like crazy and don't be afraid to cut out what seemed like a good idea at the time.
Rigorous editing and self-criticism is how great media is created.

I do have some better-written fanfics from more recently, but they're not for nintendo games so I probably shouldn't post them here.

The fact that you write Undertale fanfiction is reason enough not to post here in general

>I just sort of subconsciously don't try very hard when I'm writing fanfics
Are you fucking kidding me?

Actually, I am.

>I am an alcohol

all this fanfiction talk is giving me an urge to write.
anyone got any ideas? as always something involving callie and marie, and of course preferably romantic.
sisters is still coming along, i just want to work on something else at the moment.

Make a fanfic about the line "good night callie"