Lucid air

Discuss
>1000 HP
>0-60 2.5 seconds
>$160,000

youtu.be/bC9z0rndl64

Vaporware

A vaporish name for a vaporware car, its just a shame that they didn't set the commerical to vaporwave.

What's with those retarded doorhandles?

is it a 5 speed?

>mfw they're building a factory in Casa Grande AZ next year

And the Elio has a factory too. How many Elio's have you seen on the road lately?

They are coming out next year

it looks like they melted the front end of a Charger and squished it around until it was 'sleek' but if it's as good as they claim it will be I can't complain

:^)

Just like Faraday Future right? I'll believe it when I see it

Looks like a 2010 Chrysler concept

>1000HP*
>*when connected to an external power supply

Why does it look like dogshit

Like said they stuck a charger in the microwave and played with it till they got this

More Pics!

Will this beat the Tesla?

Also the company says it's capable of 400 miles of range.

160 grand for an EV that will last 5 years max
No thank you

I hope not.

The rear seats recline like most other full-size luxury sedans which the Tesla's Model S can't.

Pano-roof.

What do you think about the design?

>the internet of things has evolved into the internet of cars
WHY

"Improving energy efficiency by up to 50% compared to conventional LED headlights, Lucid's ultra-slim lighting system mimics insect eyes by utilizing literally thousands of micro-lenses. The elegant form of the micro-lens arrays belies the complexity of these self-adjusting headlights, which optimally adapt to each driving situation, adding safety."

-- Lucid Press Release

>EV meme with shit range
yawn

wake me up when these things have a real 300-500mile range and none of this up to 250mile crap if you drive it at the perfect temp and never under/overcharge the batteries

I know the guy who designed this car. He's pretty proud of it.

Full Dash Layout

Yaaay vaporware

This Should've replaced the steering wheel with a touchscreen while at it.

>some nice details
>needs less screens
>weird butt
>muh instagram filters

No

Pretty silly looking

>Nav on bottom screen, as far away from a straight-ahead FOV as possible
Da fug.
But I'll assume there's turn-by-turn on a HUD.

looks like a lagonda, charger, and model s had sex and i saw one of the babies and the baby looked at me

1000hp so 746kw
Lets assume a 350V motor as that would tie in with the 9 packs of 11 3.6v nominal that Tesla use (despite the claims that it's a 375v pack) then you are looking at 2130 amp draw. You are going to need 10 4/0 gauge copper cables for that.

I think this looks much better than the Tesla with one giant screen up it's dashboard.

>Tesla Model S: Agressive Soap edition
nice

the headlights are a nice touch though

>Improving energy efficiency by up to 50% compared to conventional LED headlights
yea because headlights is whats been keeping EV's back in terms of range
what a fucking meme

>4 (four) screens
PLEASE
this is the dash of a 2016 model car

why do they always have to throw screens into every EV? Way to worsen the battery efficiency even more

holee shit its so fat. Disgusting.

It'd if it was priced less than 120k. According to the pricerange, it is surely going against Benz S65/S63 AMG, Porsche Panamera Turbo, etc

If they build a self-driving version it'll sell like hotcakes IMO.

Well at least tesla has a competitor now. Maybe the technology will develop faster as a result

breddy gud

>What should we paint our futuristic car to stand out in the commercial?
>Lets not
Electric-fags could at least be more bold.

>A factory in casa grand

I've always considered that to be Tesla's actual purpose, given the cars they put out and how much Musk has to float it with his own money.

Who remembers these? They used to litter the street everywhere now no one even remembers it lol

I almost thought it's 1000 HP gasoline motor. Then the guy starts speaking. YEP it's a pos electric motor.

vapor factory

I mean, I guess if automakers are going to push a "look of the future" aesthetic and try to make their cars look like spaceship, you might as well beat everyone to the punch and build a car that IS a spaceship.

user that is not a spaceship, cars need to look more like spaceships.

Or EVs will remain niche luxury vehicles, nothing changes except for the level of interior luxury, and the closest they get to mass adoption is use in corporate/city-owned "taxi" fleets of self driving vehicles that people can hail as necessary, with the very expensive option of driving yourself if qualified to do so.

>range issues
no problem, taxi hails another taxi when it only has enough charge to make it to the nearest charging station. switch vehicles and forget waiting 30 minutes for a "quick" charge.
>battery issues
it's a fleet. replacing and renewing batteries is accomplished more efficiently than it would be by individual consumers making appointments with dealerships, with 100% coverage
>liability issues with exploding cars and shitty autopilot
it's a service so you sign a waiver before getting in

i'd hail this car as a taxi

What happened to the Lamborghini Asterion?

That 900~ hp F-AWD car

Doubt it will have 1000 hp or do 0-60 in 2.5 seconds.