>mfw I should have just bought a fucking civic

Other urls found in this thread:

mr2roc.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=11393
twitter.com/AnonBabble

BMW?

Sounds like you fell for the Miata meme

>a top
What car?

And you had to have known it needed visible parts like that before you bought it.

>buy car I love
Things go wrong, so you regret ever being involved with the car? I don't think it was love user. Sounds to me like lust.

>I bought a cheap old rustbox from a Mexican on Craig'slist and it isn't perfect
wow you poor sweet little honey child your life must be so hard you have to do some basic maintenance on your car like every other man

Mr2 spyder, I knew it needed a top, and bought it for cheap because of that. What went wrong was that my stupid self thought that I was mechanicaly competent enough to not need an inspection from a mechanic. There is no rust or major body damage, but some sensors and emissions equipment (CA) went bad. I am probably way over-reacting, but the debt is killing me and I really want to keep the car. I just feel like a fucking dumbass.

This.
If you truly loved it, you wouldn't regret it, no matter the cost.

you lads get it.

nobody loves these days. only lust. it's disgusting.

Hey man, youre probably pretty young.
Things go wrong and you just have to deal with them, put on a smile and get on with your day.
At least you didnt crash it.
At least you didnt thrash it so much, the engine blew.
At least you didnt blow a tyre and hit someone else, right?

Now you know, now you have learnt, and now you can enjoy the car even more when its fixed with the knowledge you've gained through mistakes. If you love it, keep driving it, maintaining it and enjoying it.

If its too much for you, and you dont want it, just sell it and buy a civic.
But whatever you do, dont just beat yourself up over it because every driver on Veeky Forums has made mistakes.

Fuck, today i scraped the side of my mums camry on a pole trying to park it to pick her up She didnt care. she was just glad i didnt hit someone else or leave a dent

>tfw itll buff out

Look at it this way user. Once you get over the money, fixing these things up is just spending more time with a car that you say that you love. Seems like there are worse situations in the world.

>Seems like there are worse situations in the world.
>tfw you bicycle past the car you love every day
>It's just fucking sitting there, with the cost written on the windshield in sharpie
>It's been there for over a year, it's probably totally fucked
>would cost more to get it running than to actually buy it
>No money
>So cold on my bike
>So cold

>Sensors going bad

Check your alternator voltage. Make sure the regulator hasn't gone bad and is trying to overcharge the battery.

I bought a 1995 Impreza Coupe knowing it have a shiton of problems. Sometimes I few like I fucked up, but then I remember it's my bro's and mine shiggdiggy second "project" car and cost only a few hundred bucks.
Don't let yourself down, learn to wrench and do your shit yourself.

>sensors going bad
Doesn't sound bad at all, user. At least your engine didn't throw a rod.

>buy truck I love
>know it has bad rear end
>looks like a beater when I get to it
>drive it home, nearly kills me three times
>starts three more times after that then no-start
>finally get to opening it up and inspecting deep
>It's a fucking parts bin
>rust in floor
>wrong seats, mounted like a fucking hillbilly did it
>everything is beat to hell
>half of the fasteners are missing, none are original or even right
>electrical problem after I get it to the garage
>all brakes need to be fully replaced
>all suspension components worn as hell
>hardliner in piss poor shape
>weird flange bolted to bed
>marettes on the tow hitch wiring
>locks going fucky
>steering more loose than a thai hooker

I always wanted an MJ but the JP comes out in 2018. Fuck it. I'll get it back on the road and use other as a down payment in two years.

>car I love

>Mr2 spyder

eh, ugly cars need love too i guess

This is all true, you're gonna have to deal with problems as they come up rather than let it overwhelm you, but before making car purchases and other large expenditures be realistic about how much you can really afford to spend on maintenance costs etc.

by the way dude, hate to be the bearer of bad news but the 1ZZ in those
( i think just the earlier ones? )
is known to chew up the precat and spit it out into the engine, here's a thread explaining it and how to prevent it, I would read through it thoroughly, especially if your car is higher mileage

mr2roc.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=11393

I've always loved these cars though

did you not inspect it or something retard?

PSA don't be afraid of backing out of a deal

Inspected it, just not nearly closely enough. It's was incidentally the first used car I ever bought. Learned my lesson thoroughly. It won't be to terrible to get back on the road, thankfully. I have a few minor twinges to get through and the diff rebuilt, then it's back on the road. New seat and mounts go in tomorrow, going to reuse but reinforce and protect two of the holes the PO drilled to mount XJ buckets, then sell the buckets. Fix the speedo at my leisure, swap the fixed (???????) side mirrors for OEM manual adjustable pull-offs, and stick a column mount shift position indicator in because the guy swapped an instrument panel from a floor shift model, and the truck will be just where I want it to be. Mechanically, it's sound as shit with both the engine and transmission rebuilt within a year before I bought it. Shifts good and the engine runs well. Closed cooling a shit though, won't bother swapping for a Chrysler open system now that I've decided to sell it off to someone who can fix it better than me when the JP pickup comes out.

Also when I got the new seat, I learned from that guy that the guy I bought the truck from had died. I bought it in September. Fuck. The ancient fuck had left his weed in the (unsecured) horn cover too. Makes me glad driving home with no plates gave me no trouble.

Not looking forward to pulling the vinyl floor cover though. I don't know the extent of the rust.

>buy 98' Audi A4 for $450
>fix 2 CEL codes with a $10 evap purge valve
>reliable winter beater for $460

I lol @ ur life.