Hey Veeky Forums, I want to get a new economy car. What's my best option?

Hey Veeky Forums, I want to get a new economy car. What's my best option?

I test drove pic related and loved it

Don't. Just get a civic for 3k or a nicer used car.

a civic for 3k with a fiero body kit, tarbolternator

Whatever is the cheapest. Paying $25k for a Civic is dumb when a Cruze or Kia does the same shit for $10k less. Get rid of it before it gives you any issues.

I'm pretty sick of the 3k civic derail meme. I'm not looking for a Craigslist beater I'm buying a new car. Kindly call me a cuck and leave

You think price is the biggest factor? I plan to get a base model no matter what I decide on

Mazda 3 or the new Civic

either in manual and your good

Both are good cars to drive, I've driven both a fair bit.

Well brace yourself, I was considering buying am automatic.

Before you start autistically screeching I have a manual car for weekend fun. All this car will be doing is commuting in terrible stop and go traffic so I really want an auto.

I gave you two options. You don't want a 3k civic, that's fine. You can get a used v6 accord for around 20k which is way better than a shitty cruze.

Automatic in either isnt terrible, I'd rather have manual but I can see why you'd want it in a DD.

Though the Civic has a CVT, so I'd just avoid that IMO. The mazda 6 speed auto is good, if its the same one in the CX-3 that I drove.

not op
you are fucking dense

If you loved it why not get it?

I ended up with a loaded off lease certified pre owned 2015 Cruze LTZ has my econo barge and it is a great little car for that purpose.

The new generation is probably even better.

Yeah I have driven cvts and wasn't a fan. I don't know if there's a mazda dealer too close but I'll look it up and see if I can check out a mazda 3 in person. My family had a protege a while back that we loved.

>Son Of Camaro: The Re-Catfishining

The new generation seems really nice. The car fit me like a glove, it was a lot of fun to drive with the 1.4 turbo, it had lots of standard features, and the fuel economy was dank.

Yeah the new 3's are really nice cars for the price, you can probably get a lightly used one for pretty cheap too.

Of course you should also look at others, thats just one model of car.

How would you describe it with emojis?

Right of course. I was also looked at a focus which I thought was ugly and the interior was garbage. And I wanted to test drive a corolla but it was so cramped I couldn't fit in the driver's seat.

>mfw

>buying a new car
>tiny windows
>ugly pedestrian-safe front end
>fastback for muh mpg
>useless safety features

Focus's DCT is dogshit, I'd avoid one at all costs if your looking at an automatic. And yeah the interior is mostly hard plastic. It drives nicely in the corners though.

Corollas are just boring IMO, not sure about the new styling either. (4 speed auto too)

>>buying a new car
Yes

>>tiny windows
Visibility was fine as long as you're not a manlet

>>ugly pedestrian-safe front end
Subjective trash

>>fastback for muh mpg
I like empeegees

>>useless safety features
I like my bod in tact

I basically agree with everything here. Cheers

IS THAT A BMW???

Height has nothing to do with not liking tiny windows. Seat heights are adjustable. Visibility is objectively worse in 99% of new cars.

Cruze is good, but no one on the board will admit it because it's cool to hate GM. I know two people who have them and they love them. Great mileage and reliability, and some get up and go if you want it. I personally think they look nice as well

That's pretty much every car made since the early 2000's faggot. Wake up Grandpa.

It's gotten especially egregious in the last few years.

I've noticed, brand loyalty has always seemed dumb. I think I see similar things in the car your friends have, so sounds good~

Well get used to it, it's only going to get worse. Unless you wanna drive a kit car around.

No? Just don't buy anything made after 2012 or 13.

>used
OP wants new
>v6 accord
OP wants economy car

Man, I've been here for 13 years and posters just gets dumber and dumber each time.

>HONDURR shitbox
>not an economy car

kek

>new car
>economy car

op pls

>I test drove pic related and loved it

Seems like your best option is the one you already said you liked. IMO, the Civic, even with CVT is miles better than a Cruze, but it's your money. If you like it, buy it.

Toytota Corola

Really your burning your money by getting a new car. Now maybe you enjoy burning your money for that new car smell, but consider the following before you do:

You can get a new car for $17,18,19k w.e.

Or

You can get a slightly used car (1-5years old) and reap the benefits

What benefits?

1) Well, after 3-5 years, new cars have already taken the largest depreciation hit, thus saving you money. The whole "once you drive this car off the lot it loses 20% of its value" isn't a baseless meme.

2) $17-19k opens you up to a very large used car market. Why get a new Mazda 3, when you could get a 2 year old Mazda 3 with full options and 30k on the ODO for less $? Or why get a Mazda when now you can get a Lexus?

3) Consumer reports can already tell you if the car is reliable and if it will be a good buy or not.

Downsides?

1) You do have to do your own research, which many people are too lazy to do.

2) Before you purchase the car you'll want to get the underbody looked at by a mechanic, usually costs $100~

Nice try Chevy.

But you're 3 years behind the new Corolla, 5 Years behind the new civics and still have worse weight and build quality then everyone else in the same size class.

And this is coming from someone who test drove the 2016 cruze, golf, civic, corolla, sentra and impreza.

Deprecation only matters for insurance payout. If you lease you have no issues, no costs, no downtime, no repairs needed, no parts needed and new 4 cyl cars need oil changes every 8000 miles or more.

Never has owning a car had me going
>"what's the noise? did it make the noise yesterday?"
>"Timing belt replacement is how much?!?"
>"The rust is how deep?"
>"Fuel light again, stupid thirsty shitbox"
>"I think I can do my own brakes right?"
>"-40 well it won't start"
>"Stupid rusty loud muffler"

This is bait, right? Nobody is so stupid as to think that a 30k mile car is as problematic as this. R-right?

>leasing
cuck

My argument was buying new vs. used. Leasing is another argument.

If you are really that paranoid about your cars breaking down, and enjoy having the latest bells and whistles on your car every 2 or 3 years, and you dont mind paying a premium for that experience, then yes leasing makes sense for some buyers.

Just in the same way that if you dont mind paying a premium for buying a new car and would rather avoid the research process and brining it to to a mechanic for an pre-purchase inspection.

Ultimately its their money to spend. People spend money to avoid work all the time, while some people enjoy the work that goes into saving money.

>What's my best option?
Buy what you love and don't let others tell you otherwise.

opinions on the Picanto?

I say wait for the hatchback version this is coming later this year.

Can get it with the 1.4 turbo and the hatch comes with a fully IRS unlike the sedan. Supposed to drive pretty well

>kia
>buying anything from them that isn't the K900

wow you saved 3-5k buying a car with 30k miles on the odometer. big whoop. spend that extra 5k and you have the convenience and safety knowing that car is yours and hasnt been mistreated

Mazdas are fun but they're pretty sporty and the inside isn't very nice. A Toyota would be better for just cruising.

>What's my best option?

Lexus CT

>economy car
>a v6 accord
>"HONDURR"
Yeah, if he chose a fit or a civic which can both do 40-44mpgs, but choosing a car that can only do 29mpg on a highway? That's not economy.

DUMBASSES EVERYONE

This is why I get my cars new. I will have full documentation of all service records, and I know it has never been mistreated.

aka I'm a pussy and don't know how to buy a used car.

With more expensive cars this 3-5k can become 20k

But It's cool dude. That's how capitalism works.

>I'm a pussy

It's good that this expression is still used. At least it's easy to spot irritating idiots and ignore them.

mysoginist

30k mile no, but 130k mile yes. If you're buying second hand a top end car you could literally own/lease a new and better car for less. I'm paying 285 canadian a month for a 2016 and my uncle who owns the same car a 2011 model pays out 345 a month.

My girlfriend just bought one of these.
1.4 turbo base w/ nav for 20k. She loves it.

No i've just been a mechanic and since i don't live in a dry California desert and have brutal winters here I've seen things you would to believe.

No matter what nothing wrong with owning something new for a change.

>economy car
Poorfag detected****

toaoyt crolloa