youtube.com/watch?v=R_byTMZY0xw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Daily reminder
Suzuki recipe for motorcycles
>underpowered
>overweight
>overpriced
When will they learn?

How tf did you get down there? That's by Burbank in Balboa park right?

>what should we call our 510cc bike?
>510? no
>520? sure
>525? sure
>530? sure
>505? sure
>500? sure

>tfw no one wants to talk about bikes
How should i mod this turd?
Bobber? Cafe? Goofy? Off road demon?

Iunno. I like the new ones a bit more.

Plus they're lighter.

Tape up the hole in the seat.

Then try to get some hydraulic disk brakes, at least on the front, and slap some real knobbies or trials tires on it.

The hole has shoe goo in it.
Disk brakes are near impossible in these things...

oh yeah forgot about 501.

then just get some good tires and ride it.

>Bobber? Cafe?
why do want to turn it to some sissy trap hipster cuckboi bike?

Stretch swingarm, add loads of power, make flat track demon

>hes mad that a bike looks different
Spotted the guy who cant work on his own bike

Now this is an idea.
What engine?
Keep in mind that the engine ties the frame together.

>(2.9 MB, 2576x1932)
please don't do this

>not having a perfectly working stock bike because youre poor

Ok, go it.

On dialup?
>1982 XL185 thats been ridden into the ground
Yeah its going to be perfectly working and stock.
Do you not like fun?

anyone know anything about disabling oil pumps? i've got pic related which i want to use on wednesday, but the throttle cable is broken. the problem with this is that it has a Y split in the throttle cable to send to both the carb and an oil pump and i cant get one of these by wednesday for a reasonable price.

i see a lot of people saying they just remove the oil pump entirely and premix. will it be okay if i just connect a regular cable to the carb only, premix, and outright ignore the oil pump (not remove it from the bike)?

sorry i dont know a lot about bikes

shitbikes are fun with friends.

CBR954RR engine since that's also a stressed part of the bike's frame.
>150bhp
>14k rpm redline

What is a restomod?

Restomod is 100% better that that hipster cuck shit.

Ok so keep your negative comments to yourself and tell me how you would restomod it.
>let out clutch
>frame becomes pretzel

anyone wanna go to the snake on sat

>exel rims and usd forks

And none of that hipster cuckold bullshit

You must be an interesting and exciting person...

>caught up to an R6 in a corner somehow

excel rims alone would be worth more than the bike itself.

>usd forks
enjoy your harsher ride, goy

I live in the UK and you need to pass a basic proficiency test before you're allowed on the road unsupervised. I've taken the course 3 times and didn't pass and it's annoying. That was months ago too and if I went again I'd be rusty.

I don't have any land to go and practice on, so handling becomes second nature, and I can't go on the road to practice without passing my practical test, it's utter retardation.

Any UK bros have any advice? I didn't have any friends with bikes growing up so I couldn't use theirs to mess around on.

It basically boils down to road safety and understanding the highway code, but getting correct answers in a book is absolutely nothing like driving/riding. For example in a book you get textbook questions with clear logic, but on the road there's all kinds of idiotic junctions with poor road markings and rights of way aren't clear, i.e. you can't tell if approaching traffic is going to move if you can't see the traffic lights from their side and while moving in traffic without much confidence it's really hard to react and know what to do.

Any resources you recommend? Should I just study the shit out of the highway code and pass the theory test first?

>>let out clutch
>>frame becomes pretzel
Nah m8 just add a bit of angle iron it'll be fine

kek, his bike dosent have usd forks.

I am.

ayy lmao
sup bro

Getting first bike.
Should I get a 1985 vf700, 1982 cb900, or 1979 xs1100?
My budget is kind of low so I'm going off used bikes.

>crossing the white line

luck for him he's a slow scrub because that ain't gonna turn out any good at any speed.

>vf700
cam issues, unless it was recalled and fixed by honda.

>Cb900
If its stock and low milles this would be the better option because its a cb with a cdi and carbs. Beware hipster cuck "project bikes"

>xs1100
Not sure about this yamaha, it could have an old point ignition system and thats a bitch.

So my DRZ400SM needs to get a new tire set. At 5k miles i went with Q3's... 120/70-17 in front and 160/60-17 in the rear. Im now at 11.5k miles and on my 2nd rear and still on the 1st front. Front still seems to have a decent amount of life in it but the rear is almost out of rubber. Should i just replace the rear with another Q3 or go ahead and get a set of 2CTs?

Just replace the bike you'll be far better off.

You should get off that beginners bike

Its my commuter bike. Ive got a 701 for good days. But thanks for the tip!

>commuting on a dirtbike that was ruined to ride on street
Wew

wait why do you have q3s on a commuter bike? they're awful in the wet and overkill/overly soft for dry commuting purposes.

Most R6 riders never started on a smaller bike.

2ct or pp3 if it will fit.

Lol. Find a better everyday vehicle and I will. Paid $1800 for it with 4.8k miles because the p/o couldnt get it to run due to the petcock being shot.

mpg
>>more fun than a keklr
>>equally as capable as a keklr
>>parts since 2000 and still being made 17 years later
>>easy as fuck to fix should something break

Inb4 "its heavy"

At the local shop i can get a set with new tubes installed for $300. If i go for just a rear he charges me $150 for tube tire and labor. Still gotta have fun on the way to work.

Those leathers were awesome when Shift dumped the street stuff and sold off the old stock cheap

Literally anything is better.

the 2ct's are going to have a short life span just like the q3's. Get the pilot roads if they fit.

Fuck it. I suppose youre right.

Ayy lmao!

Who makes better tanks, ims or acerbic? Or clarke?

No joke

I only have experience with IMS and their customer service was awesome

IMS, then clarke then acerbis

>acerbis precision

Acerbis is alright for the money, but a buddy of mine had his crack open when he fell over. Clarke is top notch and same buddy switched to them after and no issues after numerous crashes. He wasnt happy with how much they cost though.

Reminds me of my old bark busters...
>>Acerbis Quality Control

i like clarke

i never had much issue with those, they just werent very strong

Suzuki riders.

What does dbt think of cruisers?

V-Strom 650 vs G650GS

Riding through town for 11/12 months of the year, will need it for dirt roads and a little off road for the rest.

Is the idea that the strom being v twin has better speed but the thumper in the g650gs has better torque?

Which one rides better on the road?

>tfw no timbersled

youtube.com/watch?v=R_byTMZY0xw

See

Neat

I like the BMW better but I hear a lot of complaining about the thumper being shit for taking off and for at low speeds, is that just dickheads complaining to complain?

Id like to have one. Not the leather tassels everywhere kind but the loud, kinda like a vibrator, couch machine thing. But ultimately id also be thinking to myself "man... I feel and look like such a fag".

vstrom wins out on everything except weight.
matched on suspension but the strom has a better load handling capability

So the meme is the BMW will snap and that the vstrom is overpriced, overweight and underpowered.

So I'm fucked both ways?

Yup.

strom is fine, has 16-18more hp than the bmw too

Thanks man, with all the conflicting shit I've heard of the two though I might just have to take either for a test ride.

a test ride is going to tell you everything you need to know.
i had my wee for a couple years, was a great bike and did more than it ought to have.
with the recent adv kick and new bikes coming out the wees have gotten kinda cheap around here

Yeah there's one that some Italian backpaper is selling before he goes back to Italy for $3600 with about 30k.

black&gold combo good combo
blue&gold combo best combo

they don't seem that bad until you actually ride one

the older honda VFs ate cams, and it was so bad that honda flipped out and made two whole generations of VFs with gear-driven cams to make sure it never happened again, even though it was significantly more expensive to manufacture and made the engine heavier

What software do you webmfags use to cut down/edit your clips? How can I post my first crash without cutting it down and flipping my video?

dafuq is up with the guy's smile on the left
he looks like the fuckin joker

I use adobe premiere with a plugin that allows it to render to webm, this means I can cut and edit up the videos first.

>suzuki

ayy lmao!

What does starting on a smaller bike actually do?

From what I've seen, it just gets people comfortable with riding like the road is a track. And then because they passed a commuting supersport rider that was just trying to be safe (even if that same rider would dominate them on a track, with or without similar bikes), they are clearly better riders. They never do track days and yet their chicken strips are well worn. They don't care if they crash because gear is magic and their bike will still be worth the $1500 they paid for it. They're so cool, right?

They're idiots.

Start on a midsize. Do trackdays. If you never visit a track you should have chicken strips.

>inb4 hurr but i'm the better rider
Yes and the school shooter is a better marksman than the guy that never visits a range, but never discharges his arms where it's not appropriate either. Doesn't make him a better person.

Merry christmas /dbt/

With love Wranon.

Time to cancel my subscription to national geographic.

Thanks.

I'm sorry how is your post any better than who you're replying to?

I've never seen such rambling nonsense

I'm that guy who's trying to sell his old 600 on craigslist but keeps losing business to kids being misled into buying and flogging 250s by internet shitposters

>t. got passed by a 300 on the too-gay while he was on his super sport mid-size

this 100%

Redpill me on cruisers and why me wanting one is bad and I shouldn't do it

Are you a white trash, wanna-be tough guy?

Nope, not at all.

Just a regular mid-20s white guy, who works part time and goes to school full time.

Then you dont need a cruiser