How shitty is the 5th gen camaro ?

Not a troll.
I'm looking forward to purchase a fun car next summer and I've always loved V8s.

Ive been interested in the 5th Camaro because I like the look and honestly don't care much about the handling... but the prices worry me.

Picrelated is a 2013, 2SS (fully equipped), manual, and has 19k miles on it.

3 years ago, that car would sell brand new for like 50 000$, but right now it's on sale for a bit less than 30 000$

is the reliability that bad ? are the engines expected to exploded after 60k miles ?
I'd really appreciate if a non-troll who perhaps owned one, could enlight me on why it depreciates so fast

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dtmku2Lw5es&t=621s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>30k
>camaro
you know you could get a used cayman for that price and it'd be much more fun to drive

The new Zr1 is almost a fucking super car. As for the other models idk

Never ever ever ever buy a car from Hgregoire, bunch of scammers. Look it up on google.

very. if you want a v8 dont get a 5th gen as car and driver said: the camaros look good on the outside but the when you get inside the parephiral vision isnt very good the ford mustang however has great all round vision

why do the prices depreciate so fast? the chevy corvette. same running gear but lower to the ground a LS1/2/3 wont break if you just drive them but if you start to hammer them they dont like it and will let you know its time to modify it.

another alternative to the camaro is the convertable

as far as handling goes the ford and chevy are evenly matched.

this is a thread about the camaro though
You meant to say ZL1 I assume ? anyway a new ZL1 is totally out of my budget
yeah I know, just posted those pics because the car was really clean and I like the colors. There's actually a ton of 2010-2014 v8 in the 20k-30k price range

camaro is shit with tiny windows.

As someone who has driven a 5.0. The visibility in the Mustang is still atrocious

still better than camaro

I honestly really like the GT mustang. Ford did a good job making that shit.
t. Someone who took one apart.

>hey GM made a 10 speed transmission that's awesome!!!
>mfw it's automatic

You realize that a 10speed manual in a passanger car would be fucking ridiculous? Unless you tossed in paddle shifter, but thats hardly a "manual"
> Inb4 semi-truck style gearboxes
No thanks

>would be fucking ridiculous?

Ridiculously awesome. The top 4 can be highway gears.

>dat fuel economy in gear 10

30k for an used modern V8 looks a little bit too much

Hey OP I think the reason prices dropped so much is because the 6th gen is superior in every way. So there are many people who leased or are trading in their old ones for new ones.
Also, trade in value for modern sports cars usually take a pretty big hit, percentage wise, against say a Civic Camry.
SS/GT engines are designed to take a beating, They won't blow up after 60k miles.
Personal taste, i'd go for a mustang GT, 2013/14. That retro look is just so damn nice. Camaro visibility sucks but everyone ive talked to say they get used to it quickly so I wouldn't worry too much about that

Yeah I won't lie, I'm also really interested by the 2016 GT. Prices are good too. Picrelated 6k miles, manual, 33 000$

dogshit

>zl1
trash

every time i hear 10 speed im thinking about a bicycles...

I picked my 15 up a little over 2 years ago and it hasn't let me down. My only complaint with it is the visibility and you do get used to it. However, if you do alot of parallel parking, the Camaro is not for you friend

I'm selling mine. I like the car its just too big for me; I came from driving an MK3 Supra to a Camaro SS and I feel like I'm driving a speedy tank. Also note it has shitty visibility but the rear view monitor makes up for that.

challenger SRT8

>better brakes
>more comfy
>better looking
>faster 0-60
>T-56 6-speed trans is bullet proof
>6.4 Apache is bullet proof

challenger is best choice desu

The reliability is dogshit on any modern GM product. Immediately upon rolling off the lot, the car begins to deteriorate. This is because the actual quality of hardware the company uses in manufacturing are SUPREMELY subpar.

As in, to the point of being cheaper than Chrysler products.

I cannot recommend against a Camaro hard enough. It only performs well on paper as any daily driving done with the vehicle will absolutely destroy it.

If you're looking for a fun, V8 cruiser, you should be looking at the Challenger or Charger. They've got a far better reputation as highway cars and they offer a lot for competitive pricing against the competition.

I recommend test driving the three pony cars before you settle on anything. Setting your mind on something before you ever try them in traffic is a recipe for disaster.

If you want a Camaro, try to get a V8 SS 1LE.
The 1LE was an option package ONLY available on manual transmission SS Camaro's. You could not get the 1LE option with an automatic.

The 1LE option added different:
>struts
>shocks
>springs
>sway bars
>toe links
>ball joints
among other shit. It was a handling package that turned the Camaro SS from a muscle car into a full bore sports car. Greanted, most the the suspension components are ripped from the Camaro ZL1, but that's what was great about it. The focus on handling over absurd power.
youtube.com/watch?v=dtmku2Lw5es&t=621s

Get a Challenger Hellcat like I have and enjoy the open roads hauling ass. They are spacious and extremely comfortable not to mention a fuck ton of power

isn't that out of ops budget?

Ls1 are bulletproof.

No mods required except a tune.

Sure am glad you used your name for these posts!

Retard.

if what you want is a nice sounding v8 you should check out some used AMG's too like the c63 amg

I have a 2015 Z/28 and I love it.

I don't have any issues with visibility, routinely back it into my garage and parking spaces without hitting anything or scraping.

LS engines are solid. You would have to be an idiot who doesn't even remotely know how to maintain a car to blow one up.
If you can find an SS with the 1LE suspension package, you will also have a damn fine handling car, legitimately.

>getting that worked up tricep from all that pointless shifting.
Lovely

procharge, tune, and put some headers/catbacks on a fucking 3.7 mustang and you'll walk most of these v8's.

V6 cuck

back on the bus you go my friend

hes a cucknadian so that probably explains why he's paying 30k for what an american can find for 20k

wow

>if you throw a bunch of money at this V6 it will beat a stock car

Just btw is this car a head turner?
I swear I can't even remember the last time I saw one here in Canada.

all chevys turn heads

The Z/28 sure is. Just about every time I get gas or park to run into a store, someone will see it and comment on it. Removing the fuse that controls the exhaust bypass flap so its full loud all the time is also a good idea for turning heads.