What's everyone's AMERICAN dream car?

What's everyone's AMERICAN dream car?

I'm just trying to be a better person, my name is Earl.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1jF__B1xpJY&t=41s&index=43
gremlinx.com/randall-401-xr/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I personally like the 80's El Camino with the Monte Carlo front end. I want one so bad.

First gen Pontiac Tempest/Le Mans. It's the forgotten innovator, withering in the overrated Chevrolet Corvair's shadow, despite having featured fully independent suspension, an aluminium V8 engine block and a transaxle years and decades respectively before the Corvette did. The base four cylinder is also the largest ever in a petrol passenger car, its Buick sister, the Special/Skylark, was the first American production car with a V6, and its Oldsmobile sister, the F-85/Cutlass, was the world's (!) first production car with a turbocharger.

>TFW I had my dream car only to just have it totaled half a year later by my ex

Was it everything you dreamed it would be when you had it?

I couldn't of been more happy with it. It was near like new too with only 11k miles on it and garage kept for its almost 37 years.

Don't know American muscle that well but the 1970 z28 tickles my fancy

How did such an old car have that few miles on it? always puzzled me how that happens. I mean, so many decades even at a casual drive pace has got to add up right?

I assume resale value. The man who sold to me had no need for it as it was just hogging space and really wanted to get rid of it. Fortunately I only paid like $6,500 for it.

Shit meant to reply to

You killed her right?

So people bought these cars just to sit them in the garage?

I just want a Dartiant with a 318 and a 4-speed.

ANY year, except 1962.

I killed her carefreeness if that counts.
I guess the guy thought it would of been an endangered rarity in the next few decades when he bought it, hence is why he didn't drive it a lot. Still he could of sold me the Eldorado five times as much as he originally sold it for being in immaculate shape before it got destroyed by my ex-girlfriend.

Hemicuda. The only american muscle car I like.

>1970 z28

Fuck man, my brother owned a 1972 z28. Rebuilt it himself, found someone to do a period correct laquer paint job, etc.

Thing was a beast, he had to sell it for lawyer money to try and fail to get custody of his kid from batshit anti-depressant pill popping mommy.

I regret never getting the chance to drive it.

Looked like pic related, only all black.

This but minus the weird red lights.
or maybe a white mustang 5.0

some tripfag owns this. Mad jelly

>minus the weird red lights
JUST

its not legal in eurocuckpoop

this is a longshot but i found a Valiant for sale near West Chester. PA. Red with a rag top.

Pretty sure most of these cars have a 318/904 combo though.
4 speed swaps aren't the easiest thing either.

This.....but it will never happen desu.

Ace Rothstein?

one of these bad boys
probably not red though

Call me a faggot but I'm into the modest restomod shit. If the car is already fucked I don't see the point in full restoration.

that's a sexy bird

Nipp company
Nipp drivetrain (well, the turbo ones anyway, non-turbos had US drivetrains)
>but...
US-designed and manufactured; also like over 90% were sold in the US.

ricers gonna rice

Just C5, I would daily it. Alternatively Snek, but I won't be able to afford owning it.

You're damn right.

Muscle car: Orange 1969 GTO "The Judge"
Luxury: 1979 Cadillac Coupe de Ville Phaeton in brown

>his dreamcar is a shitbox Eclipse
LMAO!!

Boomers disagree. That's why Mecum auctions are the biggest comedy in the world. Old rich cucks spending upwards of millions on shitty old cars from their childhood just for them to sit in a nitrogen bubble until the year 2080 where they will be auctioned off once again.

wut

I think anything bigger than 17 inch wheels looks like shit on classic cars.
Disc brakes should be a required conversion though.
Some of these drums are so worn out, it's insane. One of my cars literally pulls into oncoming traffic when you hit the brakes hard enough.

He's saying what are boomers so retarded as to spend six digits on a car so that it can just sit in their car until they die and then get sold again.
Such is the fate of many classic cars.
Fuck that, i daily them sometimes.

>car so that it can just sit in their car
Fuck me, sit in their garage*

yeah i get what he's saying, just not sure how it relates to what i said earlier "that's a sexy bird"

Well probably because Superbirds are mostly confined to garages.
At least David Spade drives his once in a while.

That said, user did come out of nowhere with his statements.

mein negger

You guys know these are FWD... right?

yeah but it was a firebird i was talking about

p much any mid 60's mopar with that triangle c pillar will do

Not sure why i was talking about a superbird then..

Who cares

probably because of the superbird a few posts before the firebird

Someone in my town has a "museum" stuffed with dodge muscle. He's out driving superbirds, superbees, chargers. etc. surprisingly often.

God's work etc.

Probably anyone who drives them.
I mean, a 7.5L V8 powering the front wheels just means you can't really WOT the shit out of it from stops.

Imagine driving one in the rain lol. A

>Imagine driving one in the rain lol. A
Wouldn't be bad considering how much weight is on the drive wheels giving it so much traction.

>Imagine driving one in the rain lol. A

how about driving a Ford GT40 in the rain
youtube.com/watch?v=1jF__B1xpJY&t=41s&index=43

1970 Dodge Coronet Sedan

>no boomer tax because four door
>not a fuckhuge landyacht either
>all I need is a healthy 318, a four speed and steel wheels with dog dishes to be happy

I don't know, but to me everything is just 'right' about those. Even if I'll probably have to put in the four speed myself

>oh no I can't drive a luxobarge like a nigger

Last gen snek ACR.

A legit Randall 401 XR

"Randall American promised a pure stock 401-XR Gremlin will run 13.90’s at 103-106 mph all for $2995. If you decked your car with all the performance goodies the numbers would improve to the 12.30’s at 114-117 mph."
>12's with 1972 tire and tuning tech.
gremlinx.com/randall-401-xr/
The Machine, nice choice

Go pack AMX, yes please

my first import was a 92 laser rs tarbo, much better than 2nd gen if they're in good shape. Mine had 67k on it when I got it in 1999

t. Low-T individuals who have never experienced torquesteer and / or don't know about bias-ply tires.

t. retard who doesn't know what fwd is

It's odd, as a red-blooded American, the dream should be something with a V8.

But the turbo 6 has a strange siren's call that I simply cannot resist.

a tesla

If it's wrong to want a Grand National then i don't want to be right.

>The Machine, nice choice

thats a SC/Rambler

The Machine was a Rebel

I always mix up the rebel and te rambler scrambler. Still a nice one

Even though the're not as fast or as flashy, I also like the SC Hornets

this

If it's wrong to want a Grand Camino then i don't want to be right.

sweating.jpg

yeah AMC is my favorite the classic American car companies even if they are 3rd rate

those 360 Hornets were quick for their day stock for stock compared to the likes of 350 Novas and 302 Mavericks hell I think the 304 Hornets were about on par with them

Holy shit that looks nice.. any rear shots?

I too love AMC. They tried to out bang-for-the-buck the Corvette in the 60s with the AMC AMX (A car that tried to appeal to Muscle and Sports-car enthusiast) i wish it caught on and forced the big 3 to do the same. Thunderbird was supposed to rival the corvette in performance but Ford kinda drop the ball on that.

they were a lower tier yes but I was looking back and I don't think AMC ever made an ugly perfomace car. even the spirit amx looked pretty cool. Is there a stinker? I even like the batfender javalins and would stab someone for a 1st gen trans am edition

or a '63 eldorado

You know it set a new fucking Pikes Peak hill climb record when it came out, right?

It's a 5000 lb FWD 455 powered land barge that handles way better than it has any right to.

The most generic one here probably

I have wet dreams about owning one of these, with this color, in this style.

I have a crush for Impalas and cadillacs.

nice!

me to greatest model from chevy I pretty much like all the model years

1970 442.

>hoodpins out
what a SLUT

Honestly the only american car i would be interested in driving

if you mean what americans want

1978 "The Driver"

Step-side Chevy race truck

1977 Pontiac Grand Prix

my nigga

pic related

Why is it so hard to find these now?

Supernatural fangirls

It's an awesome looking car even if it wasn't on supernatural.

100+ freakin' years of American auto manufacturing that includes things like Pierce-Arrows and Duesenbergs and for some reason things like pic related have their hooks into me instead.

Yesssssss

My parents had a 1971 Coronet wagon. It was really numb on center, but handled fairly well for 4000 lbs and drum brakes. Oh, and 6" wide dyna-glass tires. I'd own one today if i could have a safer place to park it than the city streets.