Mustang

Convince me not to buy a mustang gt for 6k.
I'm tired of driving my car because of muh mpg or muh special snowflake.
I'm past the phase of "le everyone has one, therefore don't buy one."
Are they good cars? somewhat reliable?
I just want muh v8 and rwd.

They're alright if you can find one that's stock and adult-owned.

They get abused and are not the best v8 rwd car out there for 6000

What year, how many miles? You plan to daily it? 6k is a reasonable amount to spend as a 'fun' purchase.

There's a guy with one down the road. I assume he likes it because he keeps it looking nice. Kind of a younger guy area.

Never really seen him drive it around much, but probably that's part of his plan. Especially since it's got racing stripes.

Whats a better buy?

probably around 2003 hopefully under 100k, I plan to sell my daily for it. I daily a Volvo s60R with a stick.

I'm also tired of import costs on any repairs. Hopefully with a ferd any repairs wont be as expensive and easier.

I've got a stock mustang gt 2003. My smog guy was like... a stock mustang, that's rare.

Third gen camaros look better

>What's a better buy

4th gen Camaro

The only problem I have is how god damn ugly they are.
Just because of the looks alone, I won't buy one.

A bit too old of a car for a daily.

Then get the Trans Am, as long as you get a 4th gen F Body you'll have gotten the better buy

That's not that bad of am idea actually. The trans am has the ls1 and more power from the factory.
Plus muh pop-up headlights.
But are they somewhat reliable as a daily? I would only be driving it 12 miles a day.

One of my co-workers drives a 98 Z28 on a daily basis, has modded it and it's still reliable, but this also depends on whether the previous owner(s) maintained it correctly or not

does it snow where you live?

6k is pretty okay if its close to 100k

Reliability they are middle of the road i guess, i had the timing chain, driver side exhaust manifold, coilpack, and a fucking sparkplug blow out during the 6 years i owned a 2002. If you do get one please for the love of god do a complete tranny flush and crack the pumpkin.

The engine seems anemic from the stats but since the body is so light it works perfectly. They are very fun to drive and i kinda miss mine.

Keep good tires on it or you'll end up like me

how about a lexus sc400?
if you get one that was made after 1998, it should have 290 hp. plus muh luxury.

>This is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better.
Do your homework OP

if that's 6k, ill take 10 of them.

I live in Florida so no problems with snow.
I already have a s60r with 300hp and muh luxury, I don't really care much about it though.
Those are around 15k.

How bad are 99-04 Mustangs at handling? Have the opportunity to buy a 2004 Mach 1 (with the shaker hood).

Probably garbage from the factory.

On the upside, it's a Mustang, so there are about a billion parts available to fix that.

the only good car out of that generation is the 03-04 SVT. Termie or nothing.

>dorky fake scoops
>Fisher-Price interior
>beach chair seats w/ zero support
>bouncy horse wagon suspension
>pathetic 4.6 V8

Do it nigger

crack the pumpkin?

Like this.

i don't understand man
why would you want to crack the differential?

Allows it to rotate more freely, also makes for better gear contact.

>Allows it to rotate more freely, also makes for better gear contact.
Doesn't the fucker leak diff oil tho?

pls be kidding

Buy it now, so your path to douchebaggery may be complete

>Doesn't the fucker leak diff oil tho?

No, because you're not supposed to crack the differential cover at all, just the actual differential. As long as you don't screw up the cover when you take it off to crack the diff, it should be fine.

OK brb

inb4 "crystals"

>muh x3
Yeah, you seem like the kind of fag that would drive one. Go nuts.

Just get a 05-09 you faggot. Those are perfectly affordable to anyone who has the discipline to save for a bit.

I pay for my school and work at a Walgreen's, its harder to save up than you think.
(You)

I think I'm convinced on getting the Trans Am instead, it seems like a better buy.

LS1s are very reliable, and the T56 manual transmissions are pretty stout too.

Not sure about the autos however.

The only real weakness is the rear end, but unless you plan to hard launch the thing on drag radials, you won't have a problem

You can get a decent 05-07 for like $10-12k. Just save up $3-4k down payment and pull the trigger stupid.

Kinda in the same boat as you. Execpt i want a v6 5th gen

I don't know why you want a 4th gen. Looks too outdated/stuck in the 90's. But whatever floats your boat my family. One reason i think not to pull the trigger is muh horsepower

>I don't know why you want the 4th gen
Because it's miles ahead of what he was originally inquiring about and it's in his price range, pretty simple if you're not retarded

>Because it's miles ahead of what he was originally inquiring about
what did he(female) mean by this?

New Edge a shit
4th body is guuder

yerner

His range will get him a v6 4th or a beat to shit v8 4th. Every cunt on cl wants 10k for his 100k v8 2008.

Also 4th gen is hella ugly.

I've seen LS1 4th Bodies on my CL go for waayyy less

>Also 4th gen is hella ugly
Well that's just like your opinion, faget