/mcg/ - Minecraft General: It's Cold as FUCK edition

Previous thread: We discuss minecraft, minecraft packs, projects, seeds, building ideas...
Share server stories and keep the screenshots coming, we want to see more builds!
If you develop mods or anything Minecraft related, keep us updated so we can give feedback.
Don't spam your server or discord here; use the list from the link below to advertise it.

>==[Links]====[News]==

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/Minecraft/comments/5jcz3a/some_fancy_pictures_using_our_wip_3d_texturepack/>This
mods.curse.com/mc-mods/minecraft/234840-saltymod
minecraftforum.net/forums/mapping-and-modding/minecraft-mods/wip-mods/1442605-cogs-of-the-machine-v0-1-4pre1-back-in-action
public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/MineFantasy_pack_ideas
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Oi, give a shout if we need any other changes to the OP

nope
I've asked about ore duplication mods, had traincraft questions, and asked about ways to reconfigure recipes and ore gen to space out tier progression

>that warm fuzzy feeling you get when coming out of the wilderness and seeing your base in the distance
People who build underground never get to experience this joy.

I can only build basic cuboidal rooms and shitty circles on top of each other I call a 'tower'

;-;

No one's forcing you to build autism cubes. Just try building something with a curve. When in doubt, just add some depth to the structure and even a cube can look decent.

I guess that's true. I just kinda find it hard to design something cool, but not have anything to use it for other than maybe a battle arena.

Still, I'll keep that in mind and not make a garage sale every time around a fort with a bunch of huts inside it.

What mod do you use for those trees and that crazy weird cube at the end of your hotbar ?

Do you like any RTS or similar games user?

not that user, but I'm pretty sure the trees are from Biomes O Plenty. I don't know what that cube is though, weird texture pack.

... not RTS but 4X games, yes. Is that why?

probably you should try and recreate some buildings from those games

I did that too, its pretty fun

Huh. That gives me a lot of cool ideas. Thanks, I'll do that when I play again sometime later.

You should look into some buildings from games like those and try to build it in Minecraft.
That way you'll have a base that both looks cool and is practical.

t. civ v pro

i played civ:be for the most part (I know it's shit, but I liked the space stuff... and was just a lot of fun overall), then civ vi came so I got into that. now i can play it on deity yay. Never fully played civ v tho

This, its such a good source for inspo.

That cube is actually an Immersive Engineering crate that for some reason has the texture of a Garden Stuff flower pot with a red X over it. It was just like that when I started this world and I haven't bothered trying to fix it.

It can be fun to treat Minecraft like Kid Pix, but in 3D. Just draw stuff with blocks. The pick ax is your eraser and TNT is your Mister OH-NO.

Its supposed to be shaped as a xmas present, but it looks shitty. It happens to everyone dont worry.

I thought it was some sort of crate. That texture pack is interesting though.

I've always liked to build random stuff in minecraft, so I might just make an actual base now unlike before. Although I remember the first time I played modded back in 1.6.4 I lived in like a tall Mountain and actually made it look pretty good. Since then I've always been used to just clearing out space as I need it.
An organically growing base as people call it, that's how I've always worked. So when given a huge space with no layout plan... I'm generally kind of lost.

I think I just got infected with how Direwolf20 plays the game. Always watched him play then until now.

Any server recommendations if I want to log in, do some very light chatting and kind of just go solo and build a comfy cabin? I don't want any of that griefing or faction shit.

reddit.com/r/Minecraft/comments/5jcz3a/some_fancy_pictures_using_our_wip_3d_texturepack/>This is vanilla
God it surprises me how vanillafags work with nothing.

Texture packs are there tho.

only join servers which you trust or know the admins

or piss off 10k blocks away from spawn and dont build a nether portal

wait, ah yeah. Technically worked with vanilla only. Holy crap how.

So what are some mods that you absolutely love and must include in your modpacks, but it seems like nobody else ever heard of/uses them?

Post your favorite hidden gems

my own

mods.curse.com/mc-mods/minecraft/234840-saltymod
I've heard it mentioned here before but not often enough imo

well, show it off here my dude

very nice, might try it later

nah, I keep em for myself
its literally just a few items or mechanics from mods that already exist, but tweaked for my liking

>try recreating things from your game

I know what my next base will be. Finally I have something to build that's not just hiding underground so I don't have to look at my fugly exteriors

I wouldn't say I love it but I've been enjoying it recently.

Cogs of the Machine
minecraftforum.net/forums/mapping-and-modding/minecraft-mods/wip-mods/1442605-cogs-of-the-machine-v0-1-4pre1-back-in-action

What do you guys put in these massive structures?
I made a 120x120x200 tall tower over about a month(survival) and after i got a few systems setup, 98% of was just empty with nothing to be put in.

how to get comfy interiors?

warm colors
dim lights
snow outside

Is that a chiseled log pile?

No, it's from AMT.

things are heating up fast

Thoughts?

Kinda looks like the M&B:Bannerlord map

gay

>codie
Where the fucks are y'all?

達金服務器
look at the server pad

OH, and I completely missed that flap's there. Now I'm even more curious.

>dat waterfall
We Minas Tirith now

>You'll never play in a Server where it's just a co-op version of Single Player Survival
>Every server has a disgusting spawn area that's overdesigned and inorganic
>You just want a server where you can survive with a small group together.

It was so comfy. These kinds of servers are nonexistant. Is there a reason to play Multiplayer anymore?

survival.ipwnage.com m8

It's a serb that is pure vanilla. No commands and the spawn is a little hut with 6 signs explaining the server. No griefing or stealing, and PvP is enabled only in players designate (e.g. arenas)

Just focusing on collecting resources and building things by hands and not having to worry about shitstains ruining this is p fucking comfy if you ask me.

>vanilla

>we will never have an RTS mod that lets us create our own buildings and units

Fuck man, I know that feel.
>80 slot server, would always fill up at night
>spawn was a tiny box, surrounded by a huge ghetto of shitty half destroyed wooden buildings made by 12 year olds
>moving on you'd see the big elaborate cities, rail systems, and sugar cane machines made by regulars like myself
>made a lot of friends
>we'd just build shit and chat for hours
I really miss those days man.
At least I have mods and trains now.

>the circle jerk is starting again
>just as I've started on building public services on ipwnage

>Sorry, but you can't break that here
>Sorry, but you can't harm that here
>You don't have permissions

Is there something I'm missing? I read the rules like 3 times over now.

Cant use wooden tools either, they are all set for worldedit

Hi Dazo

It's just within an immediate region around spawn. Not sure what the specific area is but a minute walk out and you should be fine.

There is no WorldEdit or tools in survival. Are you sure you're on the right

My first real minecraft experience was a My Little Pony community server started by the admin of a forum I regulared at the time.

In the beginning it was really fun, mostly just free form, people building where they wanted to, grouping up and making their own towns. My town was a cloud city made almost entirely out of snow blocks and wool, classical architecture style, had a communism store house and a snow golem and sheep farm.
Everything worked out really well.

Then our server started to get super popular, and the admin decided we needed to organize better, wiped the server and started a new map with a super bureaucratic formal system. Everyone else had towns on the ground so they could easily divide it up from that autistic Bukkit property mod, my city, not touching the ground and being over lapping and sky based, really triggered the OCD autist and refused to let me build it, saying he would start one for me to build from.

So I just built a house and stayed around my friend's desert town.

The admin would never let me build my town even after a year and a second server reset.
I went from being a regular on the server to being less and less involved, just an observing outsider in the end days before what used to be a friendly community server was consumed and torn down from the inside by autistic bureaucratic admin drama over literally nothing.

>badmins killed server
Yeah, the server I was talking about died (at least for me) because of the exact same thing.

The original owner/admin was a bro. He just built pyramids and shit in a desert, and would visit players all the time helping them with stuff. As the server grew though, he recruited some trusted players as mods. I was already getting along with those guys and they were pretty cool too, except one autist that was around for some reason.

All was fine and dandy, but eventually he had to step down because of real life issues. Guess who he chose to carry things on? The autismo, because he cared more about rules and shit more than anyone else.

In less than a month, he started adding retarded rules and banning people for nothing. He even banned me once for a day, because was making a party or some shit, and I started taking fireworks from dispensers to launch from my hand. Everyone followed suit, shit was glorious.

After that, everyone I knew left one by one. I remember, what finally made me leave was when he added a censoring plugin, because there were supposedly too many kids around. I remeber it was about the time when Mojang added the ability to fire TNT from dispensers. Even though the autist had disabled normal TNT placing, I blew his base and the spawn building up using cannons from far away. He had probably rolled it back, but I remember him screaming at me for an hour over Steam.

Fuck man, why do some people have to ruin good things?

because people are stupid and stupid people in a position of power make bad decisions

you faggots need to stop having better stories than me, my best story was getting the entire server to join up with me within minutes of joining and the admin reeeeing about me stealing all the dick sucks he was getting making him burn my house down and ban me

This sounds like lex and forge story, only that this one ended happily and forge one didnt. I blame asie the cuccc for that.

public.etherpad-mozilla.org/p/MineFantasy_pack_ideas

yes this is normal

>tfw no cactus pet

wolves and ocelots are shit

cabtus is high tier

With Thaumic Horizons, you can make a cactus golem.

Jus' sayin'

is gregtech the mod that forces you to use saplings to create sticks?

What is a mod that adds more powerful food than vanilla but isn't a bloated mess like Harvestcraft?

I know that feel too. But I assume those servers still exist. It's just that I'm a mid-twenties NEET and virgin with 24/7 free time that would be spent on such a server. People would start to ask questions so I can't let myself socialize in games anymore.

>My first real minecraft experience was a My Little Pony community server
Y-you too?

There aren't any

This look like a good modpack?

Think of anything I'm missing? I haven't gotten to putting it together yet.

Major mods:
Baubles
Traveler's Gear
Tinker's Construct
Thaumcraft
Blood Magic
Witchery
Mystcraft
Cogs of the Machine
Immersive Engineering
Flaxbeard's Steam Power
Railcraft
Traincraft
Xeno's Reliquary
Storage Drawers
Extra Utilities
EnderIO
Archimedes' Ships
BetterStorage
Inventory Tweaks
NEI
Recurrent Complex
Roguelike Dungeons
WAILA
Sanguimancy
Waystones

Terrain mods:
Natura
Climate Control
Realistic Terrain Generation
Streams

Dimension mods:
Twilight Forest
Hardcore Ender Expansion
Erebus
Aether II

Food and 'tism:
Apple&Milk&Tea 2
Bamboo Mod
Mapletree Mod
Cooking For Blockheads
Growthcraft
Bibliocraft
Chisel
Garden Stuff

Mobs:
Lycanite's Mobs (mostly just for the new zombie types and to add more demons to the nether)
Infernal Mobs

Mod-mods:
Immersive Integration
Arcane Engineering
Automagy
Craft Arcanum
Forbidden Magic
Gadomancy
Tainted Magic
Thaumaturgical Knowledge
Thaumcraft Node Tracker
Thaumic Bases
Thaumic Exploration
Thaumic Horizons
Thaumic Tinker
Witching Gadgets
Aether Aspects
Thaumcraft NEI support
Thaumcraft Inventory Scanning
Thaumcraft mod that adds aspects to Twilight Forest and Lycanite's Mobs

Should I use Highlands and/or BoP?

smdh fuck this piece of shit game

A sink

remove everything related to thaumcraft.

add AE2, or logistics pipes if you hate fun and just want to make every task tedious.

add big reactors too for good power.

>forget to fill a space in my charcoal pit
>lose 416 logs and the fire managed to burn down part of the stone walls somehow

>big reactors
>good
(you)

>remove the most fun mod
>add some over-complicated bullshit that doesn't fit

this salt + vanilla food = salty food with enhanced saturation.

>over-complicated bullshit
you just described thaumcraft. AE2 is far simpler.

>you just described thaumcraft
nice meme

Exactly the kind of thing I wanted. Thanks.

>thaumcraft
>overcomplicated
>when the whole thing spoonfeeds you with a book that tells you how to do everything
You're a special kind of retarded, aren't you.

Just use Pam's, you salty shit.

do you know how much of a chore reading that retarded book is?

i just finished making my first "knowledge" scrolls or whatever the fuck by connecting those gay symbols together and i couldn't even be assed to look in the book to see what the fuck i'm supposed to do with them.

why? because the mod is just boring me to death. holy shit let me do something cool already. AE2 is way better even WITH channels but you can disable them if you want.

Flat roofs don't look great but all the non-flat roofs I've made look much worse. At least I've got some sheep to the new barn and can finally sleep through the night.

Not every one has a kindergarten level attention span or reading level

>can't read
>uses double spacing, the typing format of people who have never read a book in their lives
really made me think

>uses double spacing, the typing format of people in highschool trying to get away with writing as little as they can for a report.

AE2 as in Applied Energistics?

So you're suggesting removing a magic mod from a clearly magical fantasy focused and low tech feeling pack and adding in futuretech sci-fi?

You're a retard.

You might actually be retarded.

Or just because double spacing makes posts really easy to read instead of shitting out a wall of unformatted text.

user that clearly still has a flat roof.

>easy to read
See, the thing is, books aren't double spaced.
So you just confirmed you're illiterate.

Yes, The sloped attempt was much uglier

What?

then why did that dude just accuse ae2 of being over-complicated

plenty of book readers double space depending on context.

yea immersive engineering really adds to that magic feeling, you retarded fuck

i know you are but what am i

He says you have too many mods

Its a term used by vanillafags for when you have "too many mods".Your list looks fine,good early,mod,and end game setups can be had

Ignore the assblasted ftb retard

>implying Immersive Engineering, a mod rooted in 1800s technology, clashes at all with a magic/steampunk modpack

>i-if you have immersive engineering a-already wh-why not add AE2? It's also a tech mod

AE2 dev go home.