78 in a 55. How fucked am I?

Sup Veeky Forums. I recently got pulled over for going 23mph over the speed limit. I told the cop my speedo must be off, but I don't think she bought it. I was compliant and polite like any sane fucker. I'm in Virginia, and this is my first offence. How fucked am I?

Other urls found in this thread:

rms.nsw.gov.au/documents/roads/safety-rules/demerits-speeding.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>speedo must be off
If somebody told you their "speedometer must be """""""""off""""""""", would you believe it? If she didn't ticket you what's the problem

I was ticketed, that's why I'm here. Plus it's not a total lie. It is off by about 5mph.

>virginia
Yeah, you're fucked.

be prepared to prove it. i'm talking lawyer level prove it. even then 72 in a 55 is fast you stupid cunt.

you fucked up big time. everything depends on your driving record and how well you can plead your case to reduce the charges to the DA and not have your license suspended by the judge.

worst case: license suspended - work/school license only. points, tons of fees and extra fees and extra yearly fees and more fees, and a nice spike in insurance costs - they might even drop you from the insurance becuase your driving record is so bad.

best case: (ignoring the speedo bs becuase good luck with that) The DA will reduce your speeding ticket to 15-20 over depending on your driving record. Some points, still lots of fees and money. Insurance still goes up.

Show up well dressed. Tie not necessary. That alone will separate you from 70% of the scum they see daily. Be polite, don't argue, etc. 78/55 is really fast you idiot, you're prolly gonna get fucked

join ISIS, blow america sky high, create a new dominion where speed limits are unecessary because only men are allowed to drive and everyone over 50 is chauffered by fuckboy slaves bought with oil money

nsw aus here
fuck that soundscucked up even compared to our rules

i got done doing 75mph in a 55mph 4 years or so ago and it was only a $120 fine and 2 demerits.

I know I fucked up. It was late at night and there wasn't another car for miles. I just wanted to get home. I have a perfectly clean driving record, if that helps my case.

Lol you yanks wunna bitch about speeding fines?

Look at this!

rms.nsw.gov.au/documents/roads/safety-rules/demerits-speeding.pdf

>$108 fine for speeding
>ON A FUCKING BICYCLE

Too bad man

They don't fucking care.

It's not about morals or ethics.
It's not about power.
It's not about what is objectively safer.

It's about money and hysteria

There is NO room for logic there. You either spend donald trump's net worth on revising speed laws and silencing concerned mothers and insurance lobbyists or you pay the fucking ticket.

Do you have donald trump's net worth and then some just laying around to challenge and revise a social convention that has been bashed into the public mind with complete bullshit?

I'm happy with paying the fine. I can live with that. I don't want to lose my license.

That's also too bad, because the hysteria part insists that you are a danger to the public because you drove within your personal limits (and well within most people's limits, depending on the road conditions)

Mention that it was empty and you're a danger to yourself because "we can't just let anyone claim they're good enough to tackle the very difficult task of going 78mph in a mostly straight line"

>72 in a 55 is fast you stupid cunt.
Wtf I will never live in Virginia

So what's my likeliest outcome? I have a clean record, I was compliant and respectful with the cop, I'll dress professionally and act professionally in the court, and I can have a mechanics bill written up for a speedometer calibration.

So you don't have the time and funds to spend decades lobbying to revise traffic laws and beating the popular beliefs of retarded amerifats into submission? You pay the fucking ticket and accept the fucking consequences

Or do

Yes I understand that. I'm asking what the likeliest consequences would be.

If it's your first ticket you'll probably be fine. I got caught doing 102 in a 70 and all I got was a ticket, no points on my license or any other shit.

What state are you in?

Cuckfornian here

Got nailed for doing 85 on the highway...even though everyone else was going 75. Was also in a construction zone when he pulled me over so that wasn't helpful.

He dropped it down to 75 or 70 in a 55, can't remember. Payed $400 and did traffic school so no points on my record. Definitely only go fast now in areas i know no cops are in now.

Not him, but in NZ you get extra fucked if you're a youngin.
They recently halved the fine cost but double the demerits per offense.

I thought when you get a ticket you get told the consequences then and there and the applicable punishment is applied then and there?

But be a murican thing.

If you ask you can be given potential consequences, but it isn't determined until you meet the judge.

>did traffic school
You get sent to cuck school for 30mph over?

Lol

Got caught doing a 70 in a 50, cop just gave me a ticket for mirror obstructions, 54 dollar fine instead of 200 and 4 points. Cool dude.

ohio, I was 19 at the time.

Yeah, wouldn't you know it right after traffic school I came home to my gf blowing my best friend so it came in handy

Weird. In NZ you just get the ticket then and there, then try to repeal it in court at a date arranged by you.

In Virginia 20 over is jail time. I know a guy that got caught 35 over on an empty highway and lost his license for like 9 months

You need a lawyer.

OH SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT

OP YOU ARE FUCKED
Many people think nothing of being stopped for speeding. You'll get a ticket which you can just pay when you get back home. Not in Virginia.

Many people who get stopped on the interstates in Virginia get home to find out that they were actually charged with a crime. It's called reckless driving, and it prohibits going over 80 mph or any speed 20+ over the speed limit. This is a misdemeanor offense in Virginia, which is the same level of offense as DUI.

virginia has this rule that if you are going 20mph or more over the limit its like a minimum $1000 fine plus they suspend your license

as far as i know, first violation is always a warning in Mass. i got caught doing 61 in a 45 (which was fucking bullshit because i just got on a 2 lane highway which i assumed was 50 or 60 and the cop was sitting like 1000 feet ahead) and still only got a warning

>virginia

RIP

20 over in most US states will get you some serious fines. Im talking over $700+ when its all said and done with all the fees paid to the courts attached along with the original ticket. Its especially bad in states that a nazis for speed enforcement like virginia.

Most states you can travel about 15 over and never be bothered, except for states like virginia.

My last ticket was a 52/30, was reduced to a moving violation, paid about $170 after all the fees. so its not all bad, 78 in a 55 in most US states will always result in getting stopped by the police

Kek I got caught doing 65 in a 40 in VA. Cop took it down to 59 though so I didn't get fucked with a "reckless driving" charge. Did a 40-70 pull in front of a cop on the same road a week later lol

didn't some cuckold from jalopnik end up in a VA jail for a whole week for doing what OP did

>go 10mph faster than everyone else
yep, that's a good way to get pulled over

Could you list those 20 some states? I want to know what to aviod.

If your speedometer is off go to a calibration station and get official documentation on how far it's off. The court will reduce your speed by how much it's off. If it us 5mph like you say, that knocks you out of reckless already. You should be A-OK and get a normal offense after that. Read: 18mph ticket

T. VA Beach Veeky Forums caught doing 30 over

Woulda ran but supercharger clutch was slipping at the time.

>not signing up for traffic school to keep points off your record

shit isn't even hard

I said 20 over the speed limit in most US states will get you pulled over.

I live in the northeast so i can tell you this. New york, PA, and Virginia are very diffcult to speed in safely without getting pulled over.

What's the point of running if they all have dashcams with your plate?
Genuinely curious.

you poor sods dont even know how hard this is designed to fuck you, a speeding ticket as a male will literally cost you 5 grand minimum due to insurance increase

Haven't gotten caught yet after running.

Reflective covering does wonders.

3 years n counting

isn't the criminalization of daily activities great? aren't the states' boots delicious?