Is Snap-On a meme?

Is Snap-On a meme?

A very expensive meme?

Snap this dick in your butt. ~_0

If you wrench for a few hours once a week at most then yes

If you're a mechanic by trade, doing it all day every day is it worth it?

If you have an actual shop, no. They are quality tools and if you work at a shop the snap on truck will be there almost daily being able to supply tools needed in a pinch and replace broken tools.
If you just wrench on weekends, then yes, I perfer mac, but harbor freight or craftsman will be just fine.

I am an apprentice mechanic and I have had the privilege to step inside the snap-on truck..... it's beautiful inside those things

Thats what my mechanic buds tell me. They requested Snap-On equipment when they did a lot of changes at the workshop, and apparently those tools can take a lot more wear and punishment

the best part is they replace them free and willl drive out to do it so you dont have to make the trip

Not here. They'll ship new stuff.
SnapOn is sadly not commonly sold here.

Our equivalent is Würth, who makes just as good tools and materials, if not better

I didn't know Wurth sold normal tools, always just thought they sold consumables and things to apply the consumables with

Klebt + Dichtet is the best product on earth.

take a craftsmen professional wrench and a snap-on wrench, side by side. you be the judge if the snap-on is worth it - my guess is you'll find them exactly the same.

used to be there was a big difference in hand tools, not so much anymore.

Snap-on tools are by far the best in my opinion. They are expensive, but I'd you do quite a bit of wrenching they are well worth it. The resale value is great and with their lifetime warranty you don't ever have to worry about buying new tools after you break them. They also take one hell of a beating.

Most of my tools are older American made craftsman. The difference between a standard craftsman teardrop ratchet and a snappy dual 80 is massive and shows how pleib tier craftsman really is. Craftsman's premium 84 tooth ratchets (Not the thin profile ones) are pretty nice but are essentially MAC ratchets.

The newer Chinese made craftsman is pretty terrible, the tolerances are so loose on their initial Chinese production run you would be more likely to round a bolt off.

Snap-On hand tools are the best for a pro, they will drop a replacement off at your shop with little downtime. Their electronics are ok nut they will fuck you over with updates and have EOL'ed a diag computer (Solos?) a few months after selling one to a tech I knew, truck guy offered some buyback program but it was complete bullshit.

Id love to have easy access to Würth products in the US.

for the most part yes. their ratchets are very good as well as some speciality tools but outside that you're better off just buying from a cheaper brand.

i know plenty of people that praise them but really why the fuck would you spend $1000 for a wrench set that will perform as good any other? i know the really cheap Chinese stuff is really shitty and often fuck up the sizes but anything from a decent brand will be just fine.

snap-on tools are top tier, and the high price covers the service you get from the tool truck guy.
if you aren't turning wrenches for a paycheck, then snapon probably isnt worth the money to you.

most brands will replace tools free. really tho if you're regularly braking wrenches and sockets you're doing something wrong

>most brands will replace tools free
snapon guy brings you the replacement tool, craftsman,kobalt,SK,Pittsburg not so much.
I cant speak for everybody, but i live in a small town, without a sears,hf,lowes, we dont even have a hardware store, so if had to go trade in a wrench or socket it would be an 40 mins of driving plus whatever fuckaround time to exchange the tool. You cant do this while your on the clock in a garage/shop.

>if you're regularly braking wrenches and sockets you're doing something wrong
THIS

Some snap on tools (hand tools) are absolutely worth their initial price point. It's not because they don't break, but rather they make jobs much easier by having that ever so slightly small wind arc, fit ting tightly enough on that bolt to not round it, and just having a better overall quality than consumer grade tools. The difference may not be noticeable for a weekend warrior, but for a professional quality tools are a must.

Wurth tools are not nearly as good as Snap On. I've used their hand tools because for some reason that's what they have when I go to factory training. They have some neat stuff (I ordered their 5-20nm torque wrench since no US tool maker makes a nice one that small) but their normal hand tools are not close to as good as Snap On.

The point of snap on is that they work with companies with bloated purchasing processes.

That's why Boeing, UTC, Lockheed, etc all like Snap on and other expensive tool providers. It's really a small expense compared to how much they bring in, but they work with their purchasers very well, which is important in a company with enough red tape to the point where they legally can't use something bought at a home depot down the road. without an extensive purchase request process.

yes but who the fuck actually only has one of a tool? especially if wrenching is your job and it most likely is if you're buying a lot from expensive brands like Snap-On

shit i must have at least 4 of every size up to an inch and above that it's at least 2 and i'm just a poor farmer. i've NEVER in my life broke a solid tool like a wrench or socket unless i abused it. if i do break something that has a lifetime warranty i can just get it the next time i go to town which is every couple of days so really not an issue

I found a (very tired) snap-on deep 10mm 1/4 drive. I ended up putting a ball bearing to the socket in a vice and splitting it on purpose.

I've got a random snappy 10mm deep 1/4 kicking around in my tool box now.

pic related, old greg.

>found a 10mm socket
I don't believe you, I've been a tech for 12 years and have never seen/heard of this happening

I used to work in an automall, one of the parts guys was throwing out trash and found a socket in the snow. I've got 2x 10mm snappy 1/4 deep if you wanna see them for some reason.

I used to work at a small dealer with 5 guys, so it wasent from someone at my work.

There's no way I will believe you unless you ship the socket to me. Finding a 12mm? Sure. 1/2" easy. 10mm? Not a chance.

You actually bought that? Are the knives any good?

don't believe me broheim. Then again if I posted a picture of a full 1/4 snappy set and a random snappy 1/4 deep 10mm on the side, that isn't doesn't automatically corroborate my story.

Sockets yours if you want it, but I'm not shipping it. Snappy 1/4 10mm deep chrome socket 6 point, normal shit.