youtube.com/watch?v=LmBOYtjBtOE
youtu.be/WEBGxujrZfc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

nothing. just complete and utter disappointment

literally nothing

but muh reel people

reel people

This. Saturn was good.

They made some good cars in the 50s and 60s. Oh, and Saturn. Satun was k.

The small block and big block V8s are good, and their transmissions are good too.

GM's cars look like shit after the 70s and went downhill from there.

The Vega was shit.
Dexcool is shit.
They killed Saturn
>Real people

>see one of these at a car meet
>be like "oh wow an ion redline. those are cool as shit"
>smug mustang owner in my group is like "LOL ITS A SATURN BRO WTF"
whatever

yeah its a shame there's a billion regular ion's out there. same happens to cobalt owners.

Nothing

They still make shit bailout boxes from when they got a huge bailout because they're a shit Company making shit cars and hyping them up

They're literally designed to break so you're forced to buy another one

GM fags

Will they ever recover?

they've been kicking Ford's ass since the day they spawned on this planet.
(Taxi Jones)

these were also cool. it showed what saturn could do when given some autonomy.
>honda j35 v6
>honda manual transmission
>awd system

1940-1960's cars/trucks, passenger and heavy duty.

60-early 70's cars/trucks, passenger and heavy duty.

73-87 Squarebodies, 73-91 Blazers/Suburbans

73-87 heavy duty trucks

That picture makes no sense. They sit in different price brackets and are meant for different things. The Colorado is meant to be a good all around off roader, and actually has 3 locking diffs. The Ford only has 1 locker and is meant to go fast in the desert

>yfw they admit the Corvette is a shit car and paint it a shit colour

Except at le man's right?

>The Colorado is meant to be a good all around off roader, and actually has 3 locking diffs.
[citation needed]

Careful, you'll trigger the career egg and spoon race champion.

>What went right
The bailout.

Bitch all you want but the bailout forced GM to completely reorganize the entire company, among them killing off long standing rules.

Rule killed during the bailout:
>No car is allowed to be faster than the Corvette
We've had Camaros since that were faster. If anything is faster than the Corvette now, that's Team Corvette's problem.

If only that rule had been killed off before the Pontiac Fiero was.

>winning leman is a big and only accomplish Fordfags can think of

Holy fuck you can't make this shit up
(Taxi Jones)

>What went right
They had Oldsmobile
>What went wrong
They axed Oldsmobile.

>name your company oldsmobile
>be surprised when your company fails after trying to exclusively appeal to elderly people at the turn of the century

Well, the whole selling the souls for money thing worked out so that they didn't have to feel guilty about murdering their loyal, retarded consumers. Otherwise, GM has been taking a nosedive in quality for decades without any sign of stopping.

youtube.com/watch?v=LmBOYtjBtOE

blown the fuck out

LS platform. Cheap and compact yet simple and strong. Makes power naturally aspirated or boosted. Has an amazing aftermarket.

>pushrods are shit

They aren't in this application. LS engines don't need to rev to 11k rpm like dagumi. Pushrods are the only way to get that much displacement from something that small.

>Company literally failed
>Had to be bailed out by the government

GM produced trash product and the market spoke by buying Asian. Luckily for GM, the US isn't really capitalist anymore. We went full commie to save them, and their cars are still shit.

>2006 sales: 88,000
>2006 honda pilot sales: 152,154

But the LT1 and the LS are different engines...

This. How can anyone except cucks feel justified buying GM? Might as well pay Wall St to fuck your wife too.

>b-b-but mah egg and spoon race!
As expected

>literally admitting GM went backwards
You can't make this up

Everyone fucks up every once in a while.

The 2017 GT-R is weaker than the outgoing one.

Yet the 2017 GTR is still faster and is more reliable than the Corvette, LT or LS.

Btfo

does it still shit its transmission if you look at it wrong

Nope.
>fangirls still grasping straws

And it costs more as a result.

The thing you people never seem to understand is that both cars have perks and drawbacks- at that price point, buying either is a matter of which you want more.

This shitposting and samefagging does nothing.

>drawbacks
yes, the reliability of the corvette is a drawback

They really tried in the 90's with their brands like Pontiac with some cars having superchargers and what not. Their 3800 V6 had about 240HP which was higher than comparable Japanese FWD machines at the time with more luxurious interior and technology as well. Cars like the Buick Trofeo had advanced electronics for its time.

But they didn't listen to consumer demand and therefore kept producing cars no one wanted to buy. Particularly in regards to fuel efficiency and reliability.

>does it still shit its transmission if you look at it wrong
Read only this comment and thought he was asking that about the GM lol

This user is correct.

>name your company
Oldsmobile was older than General Motors itself and was the oldest car manufacturer in the 'states when it was killed- 107 years old.

It failed not because it tried to appeal to elderly people, but because they made it try to appeal to YOUNGER people and went about it completely the wrong way. Remember the advertising campaigns of the late 20th century once they were stuck making econoboxes and rebadges? "Not your father's Oldsmobile," the slogan went, and it was a gigantic fucking failure- because to the people it was targeted at, their fathers owned Rocket-powered W-machines and glass canopy Vista Cruisers from the golden age of muscle, and were in fact pretty cool cars. All the ads did was say, "Remember that awesome 442 your dad had that did burnouts by breathing on the pedal, and when you were a kid he'd let you work the Hurst dual-gate as you went from light to light? WE DON'T MAKE CARS LIKE THAT ANYMORE."

Olds finally got some interesting cars and technology again towards the end- the Quad 4 is a great little motor, the Aurora and its miniature Northstar is a cool oddity that was popular as fuck when it released, and the Shortstar that wound up in the second gen and the Intrigues wasn't bad at all, not to mention the Bravada SUV that sold like fucking hotcakes and made money hand over fist because of how shitty it actually was- however by that point the end was already in sight.

>And it costs more as a result
In the CORVETTE'S OWN DOMESTIC MARKET.
The thing a lot of you fangirls don't seem to understand is out in the rest of the world the price changes dramatically to the point where both vehicles are on par.

Keep convincing yourself there's only samefagging I'm here. The correct opinion is often usually the popular one. And that's Corvettes being overrated buckets of shit. You should be proud they're even compared to GTRs in the same sentence.

The only good thing ever made by GM is the pwerglide, and that is meh at best

>b-but muh ls1
modular and windsor are better

>yfw GM fangirls abandon thread in shame
Pathetic

i love GM

I own an Ion and hope to find a Redline, it sounds like it would make a great sleeper I could dd since people will think it's a normal shitbox

Big Willow in 3... 2... 1...

alot of things went right

youtu.be/WEBGxujrZfc
youtu.be/WEBGxujrZfc
youtu.be/WEBGxujrZfc

Fucking rofl.

Third gens

Hnnghhhh.

[Groundhog plays in the distance]

It makes me happy seeing people appreciate Saturn.

>My dad sold them after his stroke
>The man went back to support his family after nearly dying
>I used to hang out at the dealership with him on the weekends cause I was a kid and nothing better to do
>I had so much fun hanging out with my dad
>He used to kick in the "debtless" panels for fun

I miss those days, but apparently the lot owner was super crooked and was selling trade ins on a private lot.

>170 HP at its peak from a 350 CID V8

Did you eat lead as a child?

Mine makes 200hp/260tq and it's a 305, thank you very much.

Reddit is that way.
They will probably give you some gold too for that.