So some cunt Mexican woman just t-boned and totaled my grandfather's inheritance to me...

So some cunt Mexican woman just t-boned and totaled my grandfather's inheritance to me, and now I need a new daily driver. Does anyeone have any recommendations on a good, reliable, Japanese coupe for less than $10,000 USD?

I would prefer compact. I know many people will probably say "Buy a Miata", and I honestly just might, I've had an NB before and I loved it, but I just want to know if there's anything else that's a better option.

The cheaper the better, ideally if I could get away with spending 7-8,000 that'd be better. Thanks, Veeky Forums.

Preferably:
Mazda
Nissan
Toyota
Subaru

Other urls found in this thread:

indianapolis.craigslist.org/
albany.craigslist.org/cto/5895019987.html
indianapolis.craigslist.org/cto/5906283521.html
indianapolis.craigslist.org/cto/5899011330.html
indianapolis.craigslist.org/cto/5908254180.html
indianapolis.craigslist.org/cto/5849548849.html
seattle.craigslist.org/search/cta?query=s2000
terrehaute.craigslist.org/cto/5883268406
indianapolis.craigslist.org/cto/5892899154.html
losangeles.craigslist.org/lgb/cto/5914024627.html
indianapolis.craigslist.org/mcy/5849254065.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

3 3 grand civics and 1k for sick mawds

I would really rather not.

this happened because you are racist

also i bet if your grandma heard you talking like this she would smack the shit out of you

Cheap S2000

Test drive a good one first then test drive the cheap ones

Where do you live where S2000's are less than 10 grand? They start around 15k where I live.
Here in the midwest it's cheaper to buy a 3rd Gen RX7 than them.

what do you drive now? post your local craigslist.

I was driving a '99 Toyota Avalon, it was a quintessential 'Grandpa car' but when I got it after his passing it only had 70k miles on it. It died yesterday at about 120k after the collision.

indianapolis.craigslist.org/

This one near me is under 10k. The rest nearby are 15+ though so I bet this one is shit.
albany.craigslist.org/cto/5895019987.html

Yeah, sorry, I should've mentioned in my OP I'm only interested in clean titles.

>The car was sideswipe in a recent accident and has a salvage/parts only title.

I didn't realize it was salvaged til after I posted the link. Sorry mane

Where the fuck do you live where you have non-racist 80+ year olds?

What happened? Didn't look both ways before entering the intersection?

Lexus IS300
Comes with N/A 2J and is fairly light, feels like a go kart. The N/A is still good to 500hp with some work if you want more power but honestly it feels like enough for the car.

Really clean examples are around $6k. If the transmission goes, look into putting a bellhousing on an AW4/swapping an A340E instead of rebuilding the A650E. This isn't generally a problem though, the 650 is just more expensive by a bit.

indianapolis.craigslist.org/cto/5906283521.html 350z (i'd do something about the tinted lights and hood)
indianapolis.craigslist.org/cto/5899011330.html na miata

if you're a madman
indianapolis.craigslist.org/cto/5908254180.html

I live in front of a high school with the road running east/west on it. It's 2 lane except with a dedicated left turn lane. One of the drivers left a gap to let me out of my driveway and cross lanes to head the opposite direction, and the lady who hit me floored it to try and catch her turning light. We're both at fault, technically. Me for crossing traffic, her for speeding in a school zone.
Thanks, I'll look into them.

>The N/A is still good to 500hp with some work

Replacing those weak ass rods is more than "some work".

Rx8
Rx8
Rx8
CHEAP
Seals
Memes

Go for it

I'm a Doritosfag but I am not investing in one until I can afford an unmolested FD

So far, I've been looking at
NB Miatas
IS300's
Imprezas
And a host of different Toyota Mom-mobiles

Any other recommendations?

indianapolis.craigslist.org/cto/5849548849.html

try to negotiate the price of this down a little & you'll be golden

You think I could get home to go for 8k?

Columbus is a Cummins manufacturing city so half the fuckers who live there are engineers for them; they mark up everything 25-30%.

try $8500, he might get his panties in a twist over just $8000

Manual CRZ

t.pablo Hernandez

Haha build the fucking wall Paco

>I am not investing in one until I can afford an unmolested FD
Well do remember that FCs exist, are priced reasonably, and are the same shit.

>Any other recommendations?
Mmmm... Well, I don't know much except about cars that I have personally done research about out of Interest, but if you're interested in Honda by any chance, I would recommend the Acura RSX. It is perfectly within your price range, is as reliable as you're going to get, is fast, sporty, et cetera. If you're not a bench racer then you probably be okay with it front wheel drive too.
Also
>Manual CRZ
This is pretty fun too and also within your price range. It has a bunch of downsides, such as ONLY REVVING TO 5.5K but you might not mind. It's pretty solid otherwise. Good MPG too.

I don't know why the fuck you need Japanese unless you're being a retard and generalizing the fuck out of makes/countries like the rest of Veeky Forums, but of that criteria the NB is your best bet.

Also don't let NAfaggots dissuade you from the NB, the NB is a DIRECT upgrade from the NA.

Granted.

I'm too used to having friends that would rather rebuild an engine than touch something with electrical gremlins in it.

right after summer there is usaully a few s2000s below 10 grand
If you knew what to look for in used S2000s ones like this one aren't bad
seattle.craigslist.org/search/cta?query=s2000

there use to be a few more cheap ones around here, the cheapest I saw was $6000

>Acura RSX
Type S, of course, I forgot

I've driven Japanese cars since I was 15, I've always liked them and don't really care at all for domestics. I'm not being elitist or anything, it's just my preference.
And yeah, I've always liked the NB better and loved mine. There's a few in my price range so I'll be looking at those along with some low mileage WRX's to see if they haven't been beat to piss. Here in Indiana we have shitty road maintenance so AWD may be more useful than I want to admit to myself. I had my NB in the winter and it was a chore/fun/scary as shit dealing with some of our roads.
The west coast gets fucking steals on S2K's then, I don't know if it's fiscally responsible of me to buy one and have it shipped, sadly. They're the only Hondas I care for at all.

>that fucking merc
You know what to do OP

I actually would but 96th and Michigan signals it was owned by a Basketball American.

Why are cars like these always owned by scum?

Hi fellow Indianapolis user, I'm an Irvingtonfag
If I had the money I would go and buy the Merc today

RSX.

Unfortunately, our road situation also means Subarus are retarded expensive. Would you consider Volvos?
Because if so, someone is Terre Haute is trying to sell a sweet 850R.

Forgot link
terrehaute.craigslist.org/cto/5883268406

indianapolis.craigslist.org/cto/5892899154.html
Looks relatively unmolested

>It's her fault I don't have insurance
ok

losangeles.craigslist.org/lgb/cto/5914024627.html
only if it wasnt salvaged

Where did I ever say I didn't have insurance?
188k is a fucking lot for a WRX I feel. Also wagons are gay
Dead link?
Hope Irvington continues to gentrify. It'll be a cool area once is taken care of.

Irvington is doing pretty well these days, you forget you're on the eastside anymore. Pretty much every new restaurant that opened here in the past year made Indy's best list in the Monthly, which is cool and helps bring in decent sorts.
I actually hope it stops gentrifying at a point just because I don't want my rent to get too high. I understand not paying east side cheap here, but I worry it'll get Mass Ave in 5 years. We don't need another Fountain Square or Mass Ave imo.

prelude or SC300/400 fag

Saab 9-2X Aero

>wagons are gay

>dude i like performance auto but i need a hatch to haul groceries lmao

Yeah, that's about right. There's no reason performance and versatility need to be mutually exclusive. Groceries also aren't the only thing you can use the hatch for. Toolboxes, bikes, large TVs, car parts, camping, pets, etc. Your same argument can be used against people that buy fuckhueg pickemup trucks to commute in, but I see a lot more of that argument used against wagons than trucks for some reason. If I'd gotten the sedan version of my car I would have definitely had to borrow someone else's truck/rent one many times, I've had lots of occasions to fill the back.

Regardless, wagons looks like shit compared to their sedan counterparts.

indianapolis.craigslist.org/mcy/5849254065.html

and spend the rest on safety gear

remember, don't crash or you'll die

Buy my 10' Yaris so I can spend more money on my 83 wagon.

46k on the dash

Send me your Craigslist link fag.

Manuél?

>implying I won't buy an R6 if I want to bike on niggas

YOU HAVE TO GO BACK

Definitely not, I don't know who that is.

Im australian, so i dont know about your prices.

Look at Honda Integras ( Acura RSX)
A late model one would give you ALOT of money to play around with on it.
Lexus is a good choice as others have sugested, but not coupe i dont think.

I would highly reccomend a toyota Soarer.
V8 or v6 turbo, however the only come in automatic. But for your budget, it wouldnt be hard to do a manual transmission if you wanted. Use a toyota Supra gearbox if you do this.

Good luck!

>Acura RSX
Already tried, didn't seem interested. Said the S2K is the only Honda he likes.

fair enough, Honda Styling isnt for everyone. But if its not all about looks, it would be worth test driving one.

For example, i like the look of Lancers and HATE how they drive. Could be vice versa for you.

like this guy said, get a Lexus SC300/400

>v6
>only automatic
How can you even recommend a car you don't even know much about

Im fairly sure the v8 variant only comes in automatic trans lol

>at least thats what my uncle who owns one told me

Bloomington Fag rolling in

RSX type S?

The inline 6 comes in manual.
The transmission is shared between so many cars including Supra. It's a fairly easy swap.

>But for your budget, it wouldnt be hard to do a manual transmission if you wanted. Use a toyota Supra gearbox if you do this.

I literally said this already user.

Honestly I doubt whatever I'll buy I'm going to invest enough in to do any swap. I was saving for a 3rd gen RX7 but as of now that is out of possibility, I'm just in the market for a fun DD. Y'all niggers have been a bunch of help though. Appreciate it.

Every man in my family was in the klan

>cunt is a race
>Mexican is a race
>woman is a race
Here's your (you)

>I'm just in the market for a fun DD
I'd get an Isokaze if I were you, best DD I've ever manned. A nimble navigator, I like it even more than the Sims.

Calm down Juanita, just give the man one of the Accord coupes that's undoubtedly owned by a member of your 30+ person family.

What did he mean by this?

No they don't you speg, BMW wagons look better than BMW sedans

Top cuck

"Manuel" transmission, you dense nigger

ayy lmao