Bullshit Car Stories

I think we've all heard plenty of car stories from people which were clearly embellished if not completely false. Share yours.

I'll start.

So I'm at a friend's house, talking to his buddy who drives a 07 Golf GTI...
>stage 1 bro
Upon learning that I own an IS350, this guy felt it necessary to inform me of his conquests over other 350's.
>yeah this white IS tried to race me from a roll on the highway and i got him by a car length
>probably an automatic though
Me:
>It only comes in auto...

He then went on to claim how his stage 1 routinely "spanks" Nissan Z's

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HFkEKo5tOjY
youtube.com/watch?v=Y_ZNNf17_Qk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

why is that bullshit? can't you get over 300hp with stage 1? it is probably lighter than an IS as well.

I hate VAG fags and drive an IS but you sound ass mad.

literally no one cares about 2nd gen IS's for tuning, probably why he doesn't know only 250's have 6spd option.

What was that one famous custom shop that did Minis? I had an old coworker who bought one used, ended up a $500/mo payment.

It was just an S-type with a badge on it. He was either fronting or an idiot that got screwed. Also said he was an 0331, didn't get past AIT or whatever the marine equivalent is.

>I hate VAG fags and drive an IS but you sound ass mad
Not really. Just don't believe him. I actually like GTI's myself.

>literally no one cares about 2nd gen IS's for tuning
Neither do I. It's just a nice, quick daily for me. Don't need it to be anything else.

From a gen 5 golf gti with stage one you get somewhere between 260hp to 280hp.
Keep in mind that is FWD so it has only 10% to 15% drive train loss.

ain't that the kid who modded his leased kia forte koup? not to say that's not fucking idiotic, but fatt marah did mention in an annotation that he meant 217hp, not 270

oh man, i forgot about that sand nigger.

not only did he lease gook trash for an absurd amount (justifying it over a fiesta st), he """modified""" it & claimed it could beat 335's.

many keks were had.

Just curious... How are you liking your IS? I've owned mine since April.

>he meant 217hp, not 270
Didn't he resist when Matt called him on it though? Seems that would mean he's just full of shit.

upset enough to make a thread about this borderline bullshit story

>Neither do I. It's just a nice, quick daily for me. Don't need it to be anything else.
that's cool but I wasn't asking why you drive an IS, I was explaining why your friend probably didn't know only 250s have the 6spd option. because it's not a big deal to not know this information.

it's ok, I have a 2007 250 6spd. the manual transmission is not the greatest, not very smooth. door panels and dash were all starting to fall apart/melt but lexus has replaced most of them for free out of warranty, still waiting for front door panels.

it is pretty reliable and looks good, starting to get bored of it though.

>270hp
>Gets called on it
I was just merely pretending to be retarded.

youtube.com/watch?v=HFkEKo5tOjY

>Leased KIA

K
E
K

>upset enough to make a thread about this borderline bullshit story
The point of the thread is for other people to share their stories. You just seem to be fixated on mine for some strange reason. I appreciate your concern for my emotional state.

>that's cool but I wasn't asking why you drive an IS
Of course. You were only implying that I think the IS is a good tuner car.

dude give up

this was a bad thread
no one wants to read your winey little story

no one wantsto share anything with the likes of you
this thread was doomed from the start

>guy is talking about how his 1.9 diesel A4 gets 300hp after a chip and "racing glow plugs" from a newer A6

>yeah dude, I outran the lensmann (norwegian sheriff sorta) last night on my DRZ400
That very night the lensmann was on fucking holiday

>aw yeah, I used to have one of those with a 900bhp twin turbo. Sickest drifter
He is pointing at an MK7 Celica, snd he is also 19

>have 2012 GTI
>Unitronic stage 2 & supporting mods
>20 psi boost

>350Zs are funny

Alright then. What exactly is your motivation to be such a miserable cunt over the internet?

>I have a 2007 250 6spd
Ohhh. That's why.

Yeah I'm pointing out that you started the thread with a shitty story, that may or may not be bullshit. am I not allowed to do that?

>You were only implying that I think the IS is a good tuner car.
when you don't quote my full sentence it appears that way, but no that was not what I was implying.

not me

The fuck is a stage 1?

Intake and exhaust. Watch the ricers try to justify that it's more than that.

wew my replies are all fucked up, not fixing that. GL with your thread OP.

Why not just say you have an aftermarket intake and exhaust instead of this ambiguous "stage" rubbish?

I think it's like a packaged group of upgrades from whatever performance company. Racerbois receive great satisfaction from telling everyone what stage they're at.

>GL with your thread OP
Nah, I give up. There's really no reasoning with people who actually think a Mk5 GTI with minor upgrades can beat a 2nd gen IS350.

My best friend is my main man till the motherfucking day I die but he legitimately thinks his non turbo 944 is faster than any non-porsche car made today and it drives me nuts.

>I give up
stop replying with arguments then.

an IS350 is 400lbs heavier. it all depends on what "stage 1" is. not that ridiculous to imagine.

>2007 250 6spd
>door panels and dash were all starting to fall apart/melt
Wtf? My 350 interior is great so far. Maybe they just cut some corners with the 250? I did use a sun shade religiously in the summer though after hearing about that dash melt issue.

>starting to get bored of it though
Me too honestly. 350 has gobs of power but still just doesn't feel that sporty to drive. I seriously think my mom's Mazda 3 feels more confident around corners haha.

>Have 2012 GTI
>Unitronic Stage 2, Unitronic 3" Down Pipe, Unitronic CA Intake, R8 Coils, Revision D DV, Diverter relocation kit, Neuspeed Intercooler
>20 psi boost
>350Zs are still funny

Because marketing. Cobb and others like to sell their stage crap to people so it sounds better than just bolt ons

no it's with many lexus models. my mom's is350 interior is worse than my 250. I've been looking for a gx470 and noticed people had their panels already replaced. supposedly it's due to a combination of poor manufacturing, using shitty armor all cleaners, and heat from the sun.

>it all depends on what "stage 1" is
Unless it's a monster computer upgrade or bigger turbo, I'd say you're out of luck chief.

Usually stage for VAG shit means their software tunes

darn, I'll guess we'll never know unless OP clears this up.

Fuck i laughed out lound at the racing glow plugs

Goddamn. I'd seriously upgrade to 3rd gen IS if it wasn't so ugly. Love that new interior.

Your friend is a niggerfaggot. Even stage 2 loses.
youtube.com/watch?v=Y_ZNNf17_Qk

Intake, full exhaust, real intercooler (not the POS they give you stock) and a remap.
Not much.