Just bought this

Hey Veeky Forums, I just bought this car, how can I make it less shit? It already has a Weber carb, stainless exhaust and genuine BBS alloys.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EpDOcioBJyI
youtu.be/pHsakp2ulLc
youtube.com/watch?v=GVpj_lof6Us
youtube.com/watch?v=K9CgSjQDAvE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

More pictures

tatoyo ramry

strip the paint, stretch the tires, and add excessive camber

It's got a weber? 32/36? I've never seen a carb'd golf here in the us. Whatever tiny wheezing engine it has ditch it and put a twin cam efi from a Mk3 gti or newer in it asap

Leave it as it is and swap a vr6 into it, get better tires and a nice comfy bucket seats if it dosent have the factory recaros and a nice steering wheel for race feel. Welcome to vag life

turbo R32 swap
youtube.com/watch?v=EpDOcioBJyI

That's the best swap for a old vw i think, but vr6 is cheap and you can find n engine at the wreckers

I like it.

M/T?

here's my oldest shittiest, weakest car, it has a weber 38/38, 280 cam, long tube header, full desmog, ported intake, gasket matched top end, msd ignition bits, a lightened flywheel, an aluminum case w trans from a newer hilux, 4:10 gears and a locker.

I wanted the original 20R power be damned but a swap to a 3rz would have been cheaper and made more power stock.

a truck with a lightened flywheel and cam!?
is it still good at towing?

Respray it.

That white looks worn out n shit

me too i love my r22 i'd do anything for it

probably not, it has a lumpy idle and the cam doesn't come on step until around 2200rpm.I took the rear bumper and hitch off anyways. I have a 97 F250 diesel for work stuff. This is only for fucking about, hauling trash and parts.

Those engines are really reliable. This one almost went a full minute
youtu.be/pHsakp2ulLc

my person of color.

The astute might notice, a bungee cord holding the battery in, spray foam firewall plug from a/c delete, missing exhaust stud and quick splice to the wiper motor for the elec choke. only the best will do here in the rural alaskan restoration dept.

Back on topic though, engine swap from a wreck. I know that thing is ~70hp tops. Not trying to kick you, I like the car but if you want it to be less shit, that's the first step.

If you want attention and social media likes.

holding it on the limiter with a rod knock, fuckin savage.

When I did the timing chain on mine there was a 1/2 of actual dirt in the bottom of the pan. cleaned it out, put it back together and didn't worry about a thing.

LOL mk2 vw golf OP? only way to make it less shit is a VR6 swap. this was the beginning of the end for the fast nimble gti golf. and it got fatter and heavier till the mk5 golf. or sell it for something better and faster

ABF - VR6 - 1.8T swap, depending on your skills and your budget. Installed an ABF on my Mk2 some years ago (damn, i really miss that car...), pretty much straightfoward and totally worth it.

Looks wise lots of small things you can do. Either get the side moldings from the late GTIs, or go back to small bumpers. Red stripe on front grill and paint the VW logo on satin black, and get rid of those taillights ASAP, either go stock or black - red Rallye taillights.

Looks fine. Just detail it.
Correct paint, restore plastics, polish wheels.

>It's bad because it's slow
I wish nocar video gamers would fucking leave Veeky Forums

Personally I'd repaint it, unless you like it white.
Something like in pic-related would be my choice, but this is a matter of tastes mostly.

Never add extra headlights, the versions with 4 headlights look really ugly.

My pops' had a MK2 with a bunch of extra stuff added on it. Central locking, car alarm and power steering. They are mostly unecessary comodities, but if you can and want to add them, go ahead.

Keep original rims and add some tint to the windows. Maybe change the sunroof with a glass version if you find one.

I want to respray it in a nice glossy black, but I have no idea how to do it well, and fuck paying £1500 for it.

>how can I make it less shit
scrap it

>how can I make it less shit?

You retard bought the wrong car.
If you were a enthusiast you wouldn't think it's shit.

Sell it to someone who actually appreciates it and buy a fucking Hyundai.

youtube.com/watch?v=GVpj_lof6Us

youtube.com/watch?v=K9CgSjQDAvE

How so? I am an enthusiast And the only GTI I like is a MK1. Fight me

>Volkswagen
set it on fire and go buy a Japanese car.

Fuck off, I meant to the eyes of normies who will undoubtedly think I'm a gypsy for driving it

You can EASILY prevent them from thinking that by getting rid of those goofy ebay rear lights/put in originals and keeping it shiny and clean.

That is literally everything you need to make it obvious that you have this car because you like it and not because you're fuck poor.

It's not rocket science.

MK2 GTI was great too.
Everything after was crap, especially MKIII

Since you're in the UK.
Keep
The
Fucker
Standard
You'll make bank in a few years.

Shoulda bought a Starlet OP

>bumper sooted as fuck over the exhaust tip

Yeah I guess the previous owner really knew how to tune that car. Geez.

only autists will notice the tail lights, take it in and get a professional cut and buff on the paint, detail the shit out of it inside and out, use some back to black on the plastics. put a club badge on the grille.

Also get a powerball or something and keep the brake dust off the wheels and make them shiny. use tire cleaner but none of that wet look shit.

Second the VR6. My dad had a project rabbit with a VR6 in it, it was hilariously fast.

Just brought her home, the paint is better in person than in the pictures, but could still do with a good detailing.

>a
hey there and the shipping was free